Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

CHAMPIONS GIVE DEBUT TO NEW PITCH ON BOXING DAY

Rhinos media release

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

No, just for clarification I was declaring Headingly still a rubbish tip above ground.
Sorry for the confusion this I may have caused by using well known English reference points.
Hope its all clear now.
<_<

By the way have they lowered this new pitch enough so that if your sat in the North stand you don't think your watching the game through a letter box an lose sight of the ball for even the tiniest of chip kicks.

You are very well read so it must have been a typing error. ley meaning grassland,pastureland etc.

Edited by fieldofclothofgold, 30 November 2012 - 09:13 PM.

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#22 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

You are very well read so it must have been a typing error. ley meaning grassland,pastureland etc.

I meant to post HeadingLIE.

Apologies again for the confusion. :D

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#23 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

No, just for clarification I was declaring Headingly still a rubbish tip above ground.

Just the cricketing side then? :huh:

Sorry for the confusion this I may have caused by using well known English reference points.
Hope its all clear now.
<_<

By the way have they lowered this new pitch enough so that if your sat in the North stand you don't think your watching the game through a letter box an lose sight of the ball for even the tiniest of chip kicks.

You sure about that? :D

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#24 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Just the cricketing side then? :huh:

You sure about that? :D

Haven't you got a pub to be late to. :D

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#25 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hope its all clear now.
<_<

ah but its a CHAMPION rubbish tip .
as for the view from the north stand i wouldnt know as i never sit there but the view from the south stand is just fine for me and many thousands of leeds supporters who fill the stand each game . couldnt care less what the view from other parts of the ground is or if theres a roof over another part of the ground .
the last time i was in the north stand was many years ago before the paddock was turned into a seating area and the view was decent enough to see the game
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#26 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

ah but its a CHAMPION rubbish tip .
as for the view from the north stand i wouldnt know as i never sit there but the view from the south stand is just fine for me and many thousands of leeds supporters who fill the stand each game . couldnt care less what the view from other parts of the ground is or if theres a roof over another part of the ground .
the last time i was in the north stand was many years ago before the paddock was turned into a seating area and the view was decent enough to see the game

Good to see a forward thinker on here from Leeds. :rolleyes:

#27 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Good to see a forward thinker on here from Leeds. :rolleyes:

why thank you for your kind words sir :wub:

#28 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Why would that bother you? Everyone knows that the away fans are only allowed in the Western Terrace. Or So I keep hearing on here
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#29 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Time for a bit of Union news:

RFU to investigate Leeds Carnegie v Plymouth Albion match

The Rugby Football Union has launched a review of last weekend's Championship fixture between Leeds Carnegie and Plymouth Albion.
The game, won 34-16 by Leeds, went to uncontested scrums after just 13 minutes.
It is understood that match referee Matt Carley made the decision after early scrums collapsed when Headingley Carnegie's new £1million pitch began cutting up.
It was the the first time Leeds Carnegie had played on the surface, although Super League champions Leeds Rhinos took on Wakefield there in a Boxing Day friendly.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/club-rugby/rfu-to-investigate-leeds-carnegie-v-plymouth-albion-match-8445733.html
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#30 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Just realised that this is related to this thread: http://www.totalrl.c...st-rugby-union/

Leeds Carnegie have confirmed that their remaining home British and Irish Cup clash with Leinster A will now be played at South Leeds Stadium at the John Charles Centre for Sport on Saturday 19th January, kick off 2pm.
The switch has been made following issues at Sunday's RFU Championship game against Plymouth involving scrums on the new pitch at Headingley Carnegie. The switch will give a further five weeks before the next league clash against league leaders Newcastle Falcons and it is hoped that will enable more time for the new surface to bed in.

http://www.leedscarnegie.com/news/21022.php

#31 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

It just needs time to bed in further, winter is not really the ideal time to install a new pitch, although it does amuse me that currently we seem to have installed a pitch that rejects Rugby Union being played on it!

Incidentally, it did cut up a little on Boxing day but nothing more than is usual given the wet weather at the time.

#32 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

It just needs time to bed in further, winter is not really the ideal time to install a new pitch, although it does amuse me that currently we seem to have installed a pitch that rejects Rugby Union being played on it!

Incidentally, it did cut up a little on Boxing day but nothing more than is usual given the wet weather at the time.

well with luck it will mean the end of rugby union at headingley and that will be a million quid well spent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users