TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Richie Blackmore To Leave Leigh Centurions

Centurions media release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Leigh Centurions General Manager Richie Blackmore has today announced that he is to step down from his role at the club and return to his native New Zealand.

In a statement to the Centurions website, Blackmore made the following comments:

“It is with great regret that I am to inform you that I will no longer be a part of the Leigh Centurions team moving forward. Regrettably with my family we have come to the conclusion to return home to New Zealand and explore other opportunities.

"The chance we were given by the club has been one we will always be grateful for and has allowed us the opportunity to learn new skills and make new friends all of which has added richness to our life. The way the supporters and organisations such as LISA and Touchdown have welcomed us from the very beginning has made our 8 months here so much smoother.

"I would like to thank my colleagues at the Centurions, PSG group and the many hours spent on a Tuesday morning, LSV staff where I spent most of my office days working alongside. Without doubt the Centurions bug is now in our blood and we will always watch how the club progress and deep down will be cheering them on – but not against Castleford and Leeds.

"On behalf of myself and my family I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful gestures and wish the club all the very best as they continue to plot their way toward Super League.”

Trevor Barton MBE, CEO of Leigh Centurions said;

“On behalf of everyone at the club, particularly the PSG, we are sad that Richie is leaving us – He has a real passion for the game which he genuinely shares when asked. We hope his experiences with us will stand him in good stead for whatever the future has in store. We wish him all the very best”

Keith Freer the Chairman of Leigh Centurions added;

“I am genuinely sad that Richie is returning home – He is a good man but we must respect him and his family’s wishes. He will always be welcome back."

Leigh Centurions media

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

One of the finest players I've ever watched in a Cas shirt - good luck to the fella and his family
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#3 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

LISA, PSG, LSV, MBE, CEO, perhaps the guy could not cope with learning another abbreviation.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2