Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup at Rochdale.

Ticket Information.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

In next year's World Cup the tie between Fiji and Ireland will take place at Spotland Stadium, Rochdale. Tickets are sellinjg fast already so if you're thinking of coming to this game I'd think about getting tickets as soon as possible.

Details are as follows;

Fiji v Ireland

Monday October 28th 2013

K.O. TBA

Ticket prices

Main stand - £20 adults & £10 conc

End Stand (seated) - £15 & £7.50 conc

End Terrace (standing) - £10 & £5 conc

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

In next year's World Cup the tie between Fiji and Ireland will take place at Spotland Stadium, Rochdale. Tickets are sellinjg fast already so if you're thinking of coming to this game I'd think about getting tickets as soon as possible.

Details are as follows;

Fiji v Ireland

Monday October 28th 2013

K.O. TBA

Ticket prices

Main stand - £20 adults & £10 conc

End Stand (seated) - £15 & £7.50 conc

End Terrace (standing) - £10 & £5 conc

Pugwash.

its a 2 horse race ill give it a miss i think and thats before a ball is touched .england are not in the same league as the aussies and the zedders

#3 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hopefully not all rugby league fans will have that attitude and will get out to see the world cup,ticket sales are going well for the Spotland match.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#4 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I'm with Blackhawk on this one,Red Hall treat Championship clubs like they do then they expect fans to jump through hoops when they want em,i'll give it a miss thanks........

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I honestly think we will beat the Kiwis and think we,ll give the Aussies a decent game, went to Wembley last year for the England Oz game and it could have gone either way. We need to support this World Cup in much the way the Union fans do, good luck to the Rochdale club and hope its a sell out, if i can make it i,ll go.
Posted Image

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Personally, I thinki games like Fiji v Ireland are probably the best sort of games as you'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite. Ireland have come on well of late and Fiji are an unknown quantity.

I'm no supporter of Red Hall but I will be at this tie as it's the chance of a lesser club to have its day in the sun. I hope to see some of you in the bar at the game maybe?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,460 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Without redhalls money we wouldn't have a club so I think we need to show some support to the world cup, I for one would rather see the lesser teams play than see Aussies vs Aussie A so I might pop along to Rochdale! Good luck Rochdale hope you sell out!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#8 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

its a 2 horse race ill give it a miss i think and thats before a ball is touched .england are not in the same league as the aussies and the zedders

What a depressingly awful attitude to have. Who needs enemies when the sport has 'friends' like you eh?
Posted Image

#9 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Without redhalls money we wouldn't have a club so I think we need to show some support to the world cup, I for one would rather see the lesser teams play than see Aussies vs Aussie A so I might pop along to Rochdale! Good luck Rochdale hope you sell out!

Much better, I'll see you there! :D
Posted Image

#10 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Sort a couple of tickets and I'll come with ya. A nice day out on the lash
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#11 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,460 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Sort a couple of tickets and I'll come with ya. A nice day out on the lash

Sounds like a plan

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#12 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

And why are Red Hall giving Championship clubs money Gaz,because they knew that when they invented Super League we,d suffer.........They made the problem and to keep us going they have to bail clubs out,all there doing.........Yeh good luck to Rochdale for getting the gig,small clubs shud get the games,but they expect fans to travel to Wembley,Cardiff,Edinburgh,

#13 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

And why are Red Hall giving Championship clubs money Gaz,because they knew that when they invented Super League we,d suffer.........They made the problem and to keep us going they have to bail clubs out,all there doing.........Yeh good luck to Rochdale for getting the gig,small clubs shud get the games,but they expect fans to travel to Wembley,Cardiff,Edinburgh,

Edinburgh?

I'm going to Cardiff and Wembley anyway, I'm off to 20 out of 30 games in total, and I can't wait. The World Cup is an event that is all about the players and fans, I don't give a stuff about the administration when I'm in a stadium watching two great teams go at it, or two smaller nations have their moment in the limelight. Its going to be a month-long Rugby League party!

Of course they expect fans to travel, its the bIoody World Cup!
Posted Image

#14 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Edinburgh?

I'm going to Cardiff and Wembley anyway, I'm off to 20 out of 30 games in total, and I can't wait. The World Cup is an event that is all about the players and fans, I don't give a stuff about the administration when I'm in a stadium watching two great teams go at it, or two smaller nations have their moment in the limelight. Its going to be a month-long Rugby League party!

I stated Edinburgh because thats where fans have been made to travel in the past for Challenge Cup games and pay top rate hotel and BnB,its a northern game and always will be Gav,and if ur that convinced that the game will spread but ur money into London Broncos

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

I stated Edinburgh because thats where fans have been made to travel in the past for Challenge Cup games and pay top rate hotel and BnB,its a northern game and always will be Gav,and if ur that convinced that the game will spread but ur money into London Broncos

One Challenge Cup Final and two Magic Weekends (that Hunslet fans wouldn't be expected to attend anyway).

"Its a Northern game and always will be" is exactly the kind of backwards thinking that holds this great game back.

As I said, who needs enemies with friends like you eh?
Posted Image

#16 Willie the Pimp

Willie the Pimp
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Edinburgh?

Isn't that your job though Gav, writing and reporting about RL, most fans have to pay to watch these games and don't have the chance of either free tickets and travel or are able to claim back the cost as a business expense.

#17 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Isn't that your job though Gav, writing and reporting about RL, most fans have to pay to watch these games and don't have the chance of either free tickets and travel or are able to claim back the cost as a business expense.

Paid for every single ticket and every last drop of petrol out of my own back pocket mate, not even a penny going on expenses!

The only games I apply for a media pass is at SuperLeague grounds. I always pay the entry fee when I'm reporting at Championship level even with my media pass.

It just wouldn't feel right otherwise.
Posted Image

#18 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

One Challenge Cup Final and two Magic Weekends (that Hunslet fans wouldn't be expected to attend anyway).

"Its a Northern game and always will be" is exactly the kind of backwards thinking that holds this great game back.

As I said, who needs enemies with friends like you eh?

Hold the game back ur having laugh,watch ur club struggle while Crusaders,London,and many more get front row seats,like i've said put ur money into a club thats out of the catchment area and see where it gets you........

#19 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hold the game back ur having laugh,watch ur club struggle while Crusaders,London,and many more get front row seats,like i've said put ur money into a club thats out of the catchment area and see where it gets you........

Watch this space...
Posted Image

#20 Willie the Pimp

Willie the Pimp
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Paid for every single ticket and every last drop of petrol out of my own back pocket mate, not even a penny going on expenses!

The only games I apply for a media pass is at SuperLeague grounds. I always pay the entry fee when I'm reporting at Championship level even with my media pass.

It just wouldn't feel right otherwise.

That's being silly Gav, if it's your job it's a legitimate expense.

Why wouldn't it feel right, the money you/your company save doesn't come out of RL funds does it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ticket Information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users