RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup at Rochdale.

Ticket Information.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Paid for every single ticket and every last drop of petrol out of my own back pocket mate, not even a penny going on expenses!

The only games I apply for a media pass is at SuperLeague grounds. I always pay the entry fee when I'm reporting at Championship level even with my media pass.

It just wouldn't feel right otherwise.

If thats ur job writing and reporting on games why would you pay,it dose'nt make sence........i hear Orkney RL are going for Super League Gav any chance,could be a winner

#22 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

maybe because he's a rugby fan and knows that its hard for the none super league clubs and every penny counts. he should be applauded!!

#23 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

That's being silly Gav, if it's your job it's a legitimate expense.

Why wouldn't it feel right, the money you/your company save doesn't come out of RL funds does it?

I'm in the reporting game to report on the game I love mate, not to rip it off.

It wouldn't feel right rocking up to the South Leeds Stadium on a freebie media ticket when I watch the same match as the paying fans, and the club is doing all it can to attract more fans.

I still buy a season ticket at York too, even though I could watch all their games for free. I only got to two of their home games last season as well!
Posted Image

#24 Willie the Pimp

Willie the Pimp
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm in the reporting game to report on the game I love mate, not to rip it off.

It wouldn't feel right rocking up to the South Leeds Stadium on a freebie media ticket when I watch the same match as the paying fans, and the club is doing all it can to attract more fans.

I still buy a season ticket at York too, even though I could watch all their games for free. I only got to two of their home games last season as well!

If you're reporting on the game how are you ripping us off, it's your job. If you're there as a spectator only then yes of course you should pay.

I know you're a fan of York and believe you about buying your season ticket, after all I've seen on the York forum how much you're prepared to pay for a manky replica York shirt :)

Love Rugby League are obviously paying you far too much :)

#25 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

If you're reporting on the game how are you ripping us off, it's your job. If you're there as a spectator only then yes of course you should pay.

I know you're a fan of York and believe you about buying your season ticket, after all I've seen on the York forum how much you're prepared to pay for a manky replica York shirt :)

Love Rugby League are obviously paying you far too much :)

Haha, just a fan of the game mate. Especially the Championships, they're good people (mostly!).

And Love Rugby League would do well to pay me too much when I part-own the website! :D
Posted Image

#26 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Well done Gav massive pat on the back for you!!! Naaaaaaaat

#27 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Well done Gav massive pat on the back for you!!! Naaaaaaaat

Lovely stuff.
Posted Image

#28 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

I've only booked tickets to one game so far and that's the Spotland game, don't really know why lol!!!

In all honesty I fancy the smaller teams and smaller grounds than the likes of Cardiff, Wembley or Old Trafford but will probably end up going to all, just not looking forward to telling the girlfriend not to expect seeing me in Oct/Nov 2013.

#29 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

What a depressingly awful attitude to have. Who needs enemies when the sport has 'friends' like you eh?

not a case of a bad attitude at all people have choices and opinions im entitled the same as u,rugby league right now is depressing maybe the R.F.L.shuld change its attitude towards the lower divisions then we might get somewhere dont u think ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ticket Information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users