Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bramley next year

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,889 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Just seen Bramley have appointed a new coach which is good news as it suggests they're still going.

Anyone know in what league they plan to play?

#2 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yorkshire Men's League I think - pretty sure that's where they're being directed towards, anyway
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#3 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,889 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Bramley, Kippax, Fryston and Birstall would go some way towards a strong premier. Guess it depends whether they're going for a short or long season how easy it would be to get a good line up

#4 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,889 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

If it means anything Bramley and Kippax have been added to the Yorkshire Men's League website's club list.

#5 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

If it means anything Bramley and Kippax have been added to the Yorkshire Men's League website's club list.

So are St wilfrids girls high school

#6 St Domingos

St Domingos
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

:D

What division do you think they will be in?

I still remember when we were all amateurs, working together for the good of the game - for no pay!!!

#7 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Just to be clear, St.Wilf's is not a girls high school. It's a high school that has a girls team. It's a catholic school in Featherstone.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#8 stupid

stupid
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

:D

Milfords

What division do you think they will be in?

#9 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Just to be clear, St.Wilf's is not a girls high school. It's a high school that has a girls team. It's a catholic school in Featherstone.

You are probably correct I was just pointing out that Just because Bramleys Name was on the YML website it maybe a mistake because of some the other teams named on it clearly will not be in the league. See you next season stupid when you are playing our reserves.

#10 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

After seeing you're first team you've nothing much to brag about. At least you now have a half decent coach after we developed him during his time with us. Be nice to rack up a big win against your reserves if we play in tier 4!

#11 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

After seeing you're first team you've nothing much to brag about. At least you now have a half decent coach after we developed him during his time with us. Be nice to rack up a big win against your reserves if we play in tier 4!

when was I bragging about our 1st team. I was not even having a go at Bramley I hope they do enter the YML and find there level within the game. But I must say that one thing Milford never do is brag we know that if you do when you fall from grace you come down with a big bang has you well know!! Thanks for Developing Paul but maybe you would have been better developing a few junior or youth teams instead and you may then have got into the NCL. Maybe you will or will not rack up a big score against our Reserves who knows totally depends on when we play you in the season. but if we do beat you I can tell you now Milford will not be bragging about it. Just to answer your opening line about us bragging about our 1st team. We might not have been the best team in the League last season but one thing we can brag about is that 99% of that team have come from our juniors or youth setup and that is something we are very proud of and worked hard to achieve.

Edited by old papa, 08 December 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#12 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

If I miss read your earlier comment apologies but 'see you next season stupid when you are playing our reserves.....' does reads like someone bragging at Bramley's expense. Point taken on your junior set up and credit to all involved. But you have to start somewhere with a new team and in the years before the NCL moved there were lots of players available for summer teams.

After running a successful junior team its a long term project and you often lose the better quality players as they tapped up by some of themore established sides who can 'offer' players such things as representative honors without giving a second thought to what this means to the less established teams.

#13 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

If I miss read your earlier comment apologies but 'see you next season stupid when you are playing our reserves.....' does reads like someone bragging at Bramley's expense. Point taken on your junior set up and credit to all involved. But you have to start somewhere with a new team and in the years before the NCL moved there were lots of players available for summer teams.

After running a successful junior team its a long term project and you often lose the better quality players as they tapped up by some of themore established sides who can 'offer' players such things as representative honors without giving a second thought to what this means to the less established teams.

See you next season Stupid was just a dig back at Stupid due to the fact that he had said that St wilfrids girls high school would be in the same league has Milford Just a bit of banter thats all. Best of Luck in what ever League you end up in.

#14 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

See you next season Stupid was just a dig back at Stupid due to the fact that he had said that St wilfrids girls high school would be in the same league has Milford Just a bit of banter thats all. Best of Luck in what ever League you end up in.

which isn't a girls high school. It's a high school with a girls team.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Good thread this.
Posted Image

#16 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Best game in world for a good bit of banter. Was a good piece on Milford in League Weekly today, have a good season, with Paul Cook I'm sure you will.

Still waiting for our option(s) for 2013 to be fully explored.

#17 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

I've always had a lot of time for the Spracklens but I lost a bit of respect for the Bramley club during Leeds Akkies' dalliance with NL3.

The Akkies resisted the urge to try to poach lads from other local clubs and tried to stick with the recruitment model that precipitated the club's formation in the first place. Consequently, they found it mightily hard to compete with other clubs who basically resembled Barla town teams.

What annoyed me with Bramley though was the attitude of the bulk of their supporters (an impressive 300 or so of whom were packed into our stand chanting "easy, easy!" and generally being a bit obnoxious) as well as *some* of the players (whooping, sledging, and all the usual flat-track bully nonsense).

I've no problem with Bramley being several levels above our lads but felt they could've administered their hiding with a little more good grace.

I also objected to some of the press releases relating to "new club records" and "all- time leading tryscorer" when, with all respect, trying to equate some lad from Milford scoring seven tries against Essex Eels with hard earned achievements forged in the furness of semi-pro rugby league was a little offensive to the blokes who'd played for the Villagers in their original guise.

That said, as a west Leeds(ish) resident, I'd love to see Bramley make a real stab at semi-pro rugby playing out of Farsley Celtic or, alternatively, regrouping as a genuine community/grassroots club playing out of Bramley.

There were and are some really committed people involved with the Buffaloes project and it would be great to see their hard work channelled into something that would have the support and admiration of the local rugby league community.

#18 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

I can appreciate your obviously heartfelt points. It's often difficult to see both sides especially after the years of pain without a team.

On the field success does not always breed the right attitudes in both players and fans but I know there were true supporters who valued the efforts of the Akkies and other teams. The records attained by the new club can never surpass those achieved in the semi pro days but its difficult to strike the right balance.

Whether or not the club can prosper in the future its been a fantastic journey. My wish is that just maybe all of west Leeds can pull in the same direction and then we can once more enjoy and realise the ambitions to have a truly inclusive semi pro club.

#19 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

The fans on that hill at Bramley are not exactly sporting towards opposition players and staff. Whoever has been or played there will know what I mean

#20 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

So does anyone know of Bramley's aspirations going forward?Do they see themselves staying at this level indefinately?
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users