RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bramley next year

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 brooza

brooza
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

The fans on that hill at Bramley are not exactly sporting towards opposition players and staff. Whoever has been or played there will know what I mean

I've been there and I know what you mean

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#22 costa

costa
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

The fans on that hill at Bramley are not exactly sporting towards opposition players and staff. Whoever has been or played there will know what I mean

You've just been Buffaloed!!! :D :D :D

#23 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Ive watched Wigan St. Judes, Wigan St. Patricks, Eccles, Coventry and a couple of others that I can't remember play there and that crowd were just as horrible with all of them!

#24 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

http://www.yorkshire...oys-set-to-join

Looks like they're looking at a full season premier then shorter season (regional?) groups below

#25 The knowledge

The knowledge
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

I can't say I care for the character assassination but am I bothered - no. Your one size fits all view of Bramley's supporters is absolutely fine but it fails to recognise the magnificent work done to by a small number of tireless committee members. Perhaps you were intimidated simply because you have never witnessed so many home supporters at this level before. Most visiting teams fans can usually be accommodated on a motorcycle and sidecar, so may have been lonely.

I could be wrong and no doubt someone will correct me but not sure we have ever played Eccles perhaps Celtic Rooster your mixing our fans with the our landlords at Stanningley.

Merry Christmas bah humbug :rolleyes:

#26 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

I think the big problem was that NL3 was 'neither fish nor fowl' and, to be frank, was a joke competition.

Had Bramley been able to have re-entered the sport at a more appropriate level (eg, CC1) then they may just have been able to retain much of the good will that was initially created. As it was, sending out a team of flat-track bullies to rack up big scores again Essex Eels etc did them more harm than good.

I'd honestly love to see a reconstituted Bramley club with a clearer purpose, whether that be as a bone fide community club with juniors etc or as a semi pro club in CC1.

#27 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Bramley have no chance whatsoever of gaining a place in CC1 - one simple reason is there are already too many (for the RFL's liking) semi-pro sides in West Yorkshire. The RFL's agenda (rightly or wrongly) is to spread the game nationally. Bramley don't meet the criteria and even if met most of them the biggest one of all is against them - geography. In my opinion the people at Bramley should stop chasing their unrealistic dreams and if they want the club to continue then build the club up as a top class community club with their own facilities.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#28 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

You are quite right Mr Knowledge it was Stanningley I visited (twice) with Eccles but the supporters were just as bad as when I visited Bramley with the other sides. The reason I went to those games is because I love rugby league and was glad to say the Bramley name in the game again. I spent many happy days at McLaren field and remember well them knocking Salford out of the Challenge cup. I would genuinely like to see Bramley get back to their former glories, although not at the expense of any other existing clubs.

#29 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

You are quite right Mr Knowledge it was Stanningley I visited (twice) with Eccles but the supporters were just as bad as when I visited Bramley with the other sides. The reason I went to those games is because I love rugby league and was glad to say the Bramley name in the game again. I spent many happy days at McLaren field and remember well them knocking Salford out of the Challenge cup. I would genuinely like to see Bramley get back to their former glories, although not at the expense of any other existing clubs.

Leeds might need a 'B' team for the players they can't farm out to their 'A' team at Hunslet.

#30 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Leeds might need a 'B' team for the players they can't farm out to their 'A' team at Hunslet.

University of Gloucestershire All Golds are Leeds B. But Bramley can be Leeds C

#31 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

That old chestnut,there are no A teams,just players going on dual reg.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#32 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hardley call 3 or 4 players coming to Hunslet an A team , would you........ B)

#33 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hardley call 3 or 4 players coming to Hunslet an A team , would you........ B)

Check back in a couple of seasons. Hunslet will probably be plaing in amber and blue by then.

#34 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Check back in a couple of seasons. Hunslet will probably be plaing in amber and blue by then.

Have you got this weekends lottery numbers too?

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 20 December 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#35 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

In defence of Bramley, the atmosphere at their games was nowhere near as hostile as has been made out.

What made it slightly distasteful is the fact that the Buffaloes were up against players/clubs who were several levels below them.

It's just a shame the expansion of CC1 didn't come sooner. Do any buffaloes stalwarts still post here? Has the club given up its ambitions of semi-pro rugby (the move to YML would certainly suggest so)

#36 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Reading between the lines earlier I take it Milford Marlins A are at least considering elevation to the premier division?

#37 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Have you got this weekends lottery numbers too?

If I did, I would buy Hunslet, build them a stadium, market the heck out of their brand, and try to get them into SL to create a healthy rivalry from a true RL heartland area in Leeds and make the bourgoisie from North Leeds MY A team. :D

#38 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

If I did, I would buy Hunslet, build them a stadium, market the heck out of their brand, and try to get them into SL to create a healthy rivalry from a true RL heartland area in Leeds and make the bourgoisie from North Leeds MY A team. :D

:D :D :D :D :D

#39 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Bramley and Kippax are taken off the Yorkshire Men's League website but presumably that just means they have yet to confirm and their previous addition was premature. The deadline's January.

#40 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Reading between the lines earlier I take it Milford Marlins A are at least considering elevation to the premier division?

Milford Marlins Reserves want to play a full season of fixtures not sure yet what the league format will be at the moment. The premier will be a tough division for us but one we think we will be able to compete with most of the teams within it, some will be too tough for us but we want our reserves to be playing at the highest level possible. Our Reserves had a lot of their games called off last season due to opposition clubs not been able to raise a team for our home games which did nieither the team or the club any good. But more than anything we are looking for continuity in fixtures in games that will test our young reserves.

Edited by old papa, 29 December 2012 - 03:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users