Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

Click here

#2 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

aye cracking news....

The club is planning to provide additional seating in a new stand on one side of the ground; concrete terracing on the other side; extra turnstiles; and new toilet and refreshment facilities.

so....assuming the salford stand is going down oneside
Posted Image

and terracing on the opposite side...................not a bad ground really....

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#3 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Great news ....another step forward ....and we.ve been kept informed of this development . New team , new coach , progress on the ground front and good communication from the club ...what will the knockers have to moan about now ....sure they will think of something .

#4 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Spud with the confused ownership of Whitebank, I reckon the acquired stand will be built on the side of where the existing one is, replacing it and going down that side as far as the telecoms mast. The terracing, will be about 3 or 4 steps down the length of the Whitebank Road side.

#5 winedrinkerme

winedrinkerme
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

great news will it happen this season or next

#6 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

great news will it happen this season or next

I suppose that will depend on the planning process and how long that takes. The earliest the application can be submitted must be at the December planning meeting and then it is a case of how long the approval takes. A lot longer if there are objections.

#7 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Spud with the confused ownership of Whitebank, I reckon the acquired stand will be built on the side of where the existing one is, replacing it and going down that side as far as the telecoms mast. The terracing, will be about 3 or 4 steps down the length of the Whitebank Road side.

it'll still do for me..........ITS A BLOODY STADIUM!! lol

OLDHAM RLFC

#8 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Having read this through I am sure this is why the planning application was not put through for consideration in the October and November planning meetings, as this would have meant the club may well have had to put in more work and expense. Good move, especially as it should save time and money and give us something to feel good about. A new stand on one side and terracing on the facing side will be a major improvement on what we have now, not to mention the new turnstiles, toilets and refreshment facilities.

Well done to all involved.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#9 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

great stuff

me and my flatmate are both buying our first ever ORLFC season tickets next week and making the trek over from Salford for games next year.

i agree with those asking for positivity, we could much easier get a bus to Salford City Stadium but we are Oldhamers and the club is something to take pride in and it is making steps finally.

Would be nice to see some actual work early next year just to keep the momentum going and help attract some fans who feel they need to see physical progress.

With regards to the partnership if/when it does happen with Salford. Personally i dont see the issue we need as much support as possible with less funding and less games, as a relatively new fan i cant comment on how high the club used to rank and how it hurts to play second fiddle, but i think pessimism is a infliction within the town, and people need to just try and push on.

#10 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

the issue with the salford partnership is salford are actually in a far worse position than we are........

if we'd have signed up with st helens,while not agreeing with it,i could see the benefits....................salford on the other hand offer nothing! we're better off leaving it alone and seeing how the how the "partnership" thing pans out with other clubs.......

i agree theres loads of "positivity" surrounding ORLFC at the min......a young exciting squad,a massively positive coach,fantastic news about whitebank,positive work in and around limeside/limehurst area.....ie the junior club.........ALL VERY GOOD PR....

if anyone can give me one,just one, positive in signing a "partnership" with salford......i'll go with it!...........but trust me i've looked at it from every possible angle.....and i can't see any!

OLDHAM RLFC

#11 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Oxford have joined with Wakefield. Who have Huddersfield joined up with if No one it would be better than Salford.

#12 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Huddersfield have joined up with Batley.My mate,who supports Huddersfield,said that the Batley players can use all the facilities at Huddersfield,including training/physio/fitness and that they are covered by the same private health insurance as the Huddersfield players.If I were a player,i`d see this as a fantastic benefit.
Anyway,I`ve got my season ticket and am looking forward to the season as I miss going to watch/cheer/moan/etc.I think Scott (see-first name terms already,lol !) is the one to turn it around.If we link up with Salford,then I`ll take that as it comes.
Oh,and Thanks,John in Oz,for reminding me about the Complete History of the club:got it as a Chrissie present -do you go and watch any club over there ?

Edited by Raff, 23 November 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#13 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Just been looking on Wikipedia, and the final capacity at the Willows is given as 11,363, with 2,500 seats. Those seats must all be in the main stand, as the seats in the stand behind the posts had been out of commission for some years. This obviously means that, if this stand is put up at Whitebank as it was built at the Willows, and terracing goes up on the Whitebank Road side as planned, then the Championship requirements for capacity and seating should easily be met. That leaves only the floodlights to sort out. Fingers crossed, we may end up with a half decent ground and a team to match. Potentially good news, at last.

Edited by RunItOffAfi, 23 November 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#14 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

I hope all these ground developments come off and you get promoted as a bonus. God only knows you've been bridesmaids at that wedding party often enough.

#15 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Just been looking on Wikipedia, and the final capacity at the Willows is given as 11,363, with 2,500 seats. Those seats must all be in the main stand, as the seats in the stand behind the posts had been out of commission for some years. This obviously means that, if this stand is put up at Whitebank as it was built at the Willows, and terracing goes up on the Whitebank Road side as planned, then the Championship requirements for capacity and seating should easily be met. That leaves only the floodlights to sort out. Fingers crossed, we may end up with a half decent ground and a team to match. Potentially good news, at last.

I would not have thought that the Stand from Salford ( as shown above by roughyedspud ) would fit down the side where the existing stand is ......... as I would estimate that the existing room down that side is only 30 foot deep ( where the existing stand is ) at the most, narrowing down to around 12 foot or so at the bottom end of the ground past the Video gantry. Nobody ever seems to stand there, so it may even be less than that ????? I estimate that you would need around at least a 60 foot deep area to insert that stand with possibly clearance at the back for emergency access and at the front as well ........ just not enough room I would have though ???? Looks to be 10 rows of seats in that stand so thats where I have got my figures from ....but assume that whoever has released the story has done their calculations .............. Unless it is NOT that stand ???? There would be room on the other side though ..........all the way along .............
Posted Image

#16 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

Thanks Keighley,

I am personally looking forward to this season, Good Luck next season

Edited by oldham13, 25 November 2012 - 07:51 AM.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#17 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

I would not have thought that the Stand from Salford ( as shown above by roughyedspud ) would fit down the side where the existing stand is ......... as I would estimate that the existing room down that side is only 30 foot deep ( where the existing stand is ) at the most, narrowing down to around 12 foot or so at the bottom end of the ground past the Video gantry. Nobody ever seems to stand there, so it may even be less than that ????? I estimate that you would need around at least a 60 foot deep area to insert that stand with possibly clearance at the back for emergency access and at the front as well ........ just not enough room I would have though ???? Looks to be 10 rows of seats in that stand so thats where I have got my figures from ....but assume that whoever has released the story has done their calculations .............. Unless it is NOT that stand ???? There would be room on the other side though ..........all the way along .............

id have thought the salford stand would go down the whitebank road side of the ground...it would fit easily into that footprint, a quick check on google earth shows its about 62ft from the path to the edge of the pitch..

another quick check on google earth....shows that salford stand is roughly 28-30ft deep....

Posted Image

as you can see theres plenty of room for the stand & concourse down the whitebank road side......it'd even fit on the otherside,but that "forest" would need clearing lol

OLDHAM RLFC

#18 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

The description of the work to be done, previously reported. stated that extra seating and a stand would be put in place on the side of the existing stand. there is actually more rooom on that side than there is on the Whitebank Road side. i think the main reason for not trying for something bigger on the Whitebank Road side is it is more likely to raise objection from local resedents. The shortest way to answer Roughyedz is to say you are wrong.

#19 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

In addition to the above, I would envisage the stand to be of a modular design, so we may not get all of it, but just enough sections to take us down to the Telecoms mast. Only time will tell.

#20 AmigoTopping

AmigoTopping
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

What would be people's opinion to setting up a Stadium Trust fund to help fund these developments? Does anyone know if the club already has the finances in place?

Edited by AmigoTopping, 25 November 2012 - 11:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users