Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitebank something positive

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

In addition to the above, I would envisage the stand to be of a modular design, so we may not get all of it, but just enough sections to take us down to the Telecoms mast. Only time will tell.

the salford stand is only 75-80m long...so it would fit if it went from goal line to telecoms mast....

or cos the stand is modular..why not split it in 2..have half the stand on one side...and the other half on the otherside......then do the 4 or 5 step terrace round the rest of the ground?

Posted Image

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#22 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Like I said there is less chance of objection if it is built on the Golf course side.

#23 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

ok....this then?

Posted Image

OLDHAM RLFC

#24 D1029

D1029
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Have you encroached on Golf Course land with B?

#25 davewd

davewd
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

I think the stand would be better on Whitebank Rd side as thats were the weather blows in from.

#26 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 566 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

the salford stand is only 75-80m long...so it would fit if it went from goal line to telecoms mast....

or cos the stand is modular..why not split it in 2..have half the stand on one side...and the other half on the otherside......then do the 4 or 5 step terrace round the rest of the ground?

Posted Image

Hmmmmmmmmm!? I hope Tony Robinson and the Time Team people don't see that picture. They'll be putting a few trenches across it to identify those features. Looks like an iron age settlement to me :D :D

#27 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

i don't think so...thats red line is where the fence is between the golf course & whitebank.

i remember whitebank playing field 20years ago before half the site became over grown,my gran used to live on whitebank road.....the site is very big..and could easily fit a 8-10k stadium on it..

Edited by roughyedspud, 27 November 2012 - 12:57 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#28 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

There is loads of room on the Golf course side, as Spud states the red line on his picture depicts the area to work with.

Edited by saints10coach, 27 November 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#29 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

http://www.therfl.co...from-facilities

Featherstone Rovers Rugby League club has been awarded £150,000 of funding from the RFL Facilities Trust.

The Championship club applied to the Trust for support for a new stand project which includes a 20m extension to the overall pitch, this stand was purchased from Scarborough Council and there are plans for the covered all-seater stand to house additional facilities.

Featherstone Rovers Chief Executive Craig Poskitt said: “It is fantastic news that our application for support has been approved by the board of the RFL Facilities Trust to enable us to press ahead with re-development of the Big Fellas Stadium.

interesting

OLDHAM RLFC

#30 Shaw Lad

Shaw Lad
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

http://www.therfl.co...from-facilities

interesting

Featherstone Rovers are a proper run club though, thats why they got the 150k, not
a one man band PRIVATE club.
Location. Shaw, t'uther side ert pennines.

#31 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Featherstone Rovers are a proper run club though, thats why they got the 150k, not
a one man band PRIVATE club.

Your going to look really silly if it is announced we will get something from the same fund.

#32 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

i dare say £150k would enable us to clear & level the whole whitebank site.....then we can set about putting up the salford stand...

OLDHAM RLFC

#33 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Your going to look really silly if it is announced we will get something from the same fund.

It's a rare piece of public knowledge that CH has applied.

#34 roughyed

roughyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

Why would the RFL give money to a club that can't manage it's tax affairs and other business related finances in order,I would rather see the club go under than suffer a lingering death that this season will bring with no revenue to pay players or coaches and hangers on.This latest scheme of buying a piece of ground is laughable people will not buy into this wholesale a few might and maybe a couple of companies the only chance of survival is if a new benefactor comes along but the present one would have to go as nobody will work with him unless there is some great change the club won't see out this coming season.

#35 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

Why would the RFL give money to a club that can't manage it's tax affairs and other business related finances in order,I would rather see the club go under than suffer a lingering death that this season will bring with no revenue to pay players or coaches and hangers on.This latest scheme of buying a piece of ground is laughable people will not buy into this wholesale a few might and maybe a couple of companies the only chance of survival is if a new benefactor comes along but the present one would have to go as nobody will work with him unless there is some great change the club won't see out this coming season.

er, you mean giveing to clubs that cannot manage their affairs like Bradford, Rochdale, et al.
If they did that, there'd be no Rugby League!
Wanting the club to fold shows how embittered you have become, and does you no credit. Who is to say what the outcome would be. We could become a Bramley, surely you donlt want that?

#36 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

It amazes me the number of people that come on here saying they will never go again, yet they still insist on inflicting the ones that are still prepared to go with their misery. If you do not wish to go again, so be it. But go away quietly and don't try and play the infant school game of "all join on for".

#37 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

You are not the only one on this forum who feels this way S10C. I can understand how supporters become disenchanted with a sport as this happened to me with football but what I can't understand is why so called ex fans become so embittered that they keep coming onthis forum just to slag off anything the club do . They seem to get some kind of perverse pleasure out of trying to put a negative slant on every bit of news about the club . Why can't they just move on and find something else to occupy their time .

#38 Guest_Middlefordiddle_*

Guest_Middlefordiddle_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Have got a Cousin who lives on Green Lane (towards Hollins Road) who says that the trees between Whitebank and the Golf Club may come under the Garden Suburbs Conservation area and as such have Tree preservation orders on them.

#39 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I dont think that anyone who as ever supported the club wants it to go under. Its what has happened to the club and the way it is run thats the problem.

The policy that the rugby league baffles me in that they help some clubs but not others.

They stopped Bradford going under until a buyer could be found. But we all know that clubs in SLare looked at in a different light than the championship clubs.

As for Rochdale did not the RFL take some security from the ground.

Rochdale are now run by the fans in a type of co-operative not by a limited companies with directors.

Oldham when we had a committee never had the problems we have today.

#40 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Have got a Cousin who lives on Green Lane (towards Hollins Road) who says that the trees between Whitebank and the Golf Club may come under the Garden Suburbs Conservation area and as such have Tree preservation orders on them.

the "trees" are only 15-20 years old...its not a aincent woodland....its over grown wasteland....the area can be landscaped properly and the "trees" replanted or replaced with proper trees.....not overgrown weeds.

OLDHAM RLFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users