Meet the Players DON'T FORGET!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Don't forget everyone, tonight is the night when you get a chance to see next season's squad up close and personal. You can ask them and the coaching staff about their hopes and aspirations for 2013 etc.

It all starts at 7.30pm.

You'd be mad to miss it!!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

looking forward to it and members meeting from 7-00pm
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#3 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

A very well attended meeting tonight with a look at the new away kit in the bargain.

One or two people were worried about the club losing its identity in the link with St. Helens but the chairman and Stanky both tried to allay any fears by saying that it was going to be a two way street and both clubs should be winners by the link up.

All the coaching staff were there and answered questions about the training etc, it was great to see Preccy in the flesh and it's difficult to understand the guy has a serious disease he looks so damned healthy. The players were introduced to the meeting and exhibited their usual reluctance to say any more than a couple of mumbled words, it must be a real horror for them out of their natural habitat!

Apparently the players have had a session with an Aussie defensive coach which we wouldn't have had without the Saints link up.

I know everyone has their own ideas about next season but all I can say is 'Suck It And See' and I'm sure everythinhg will be OK.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

Gutted i couldn't eventually make it last night, but seeing the new Away kit on twitter i have to say its a great concept and Stanky was getting questions from fans right across the RL world as to why, how and when they could buy one.
The Fiji/Rochdale link is famous enough and with the Fiji national team playing a Qualifier at Spotland in the World Cup i feel the club have pulled of a marketing master stroke by launching this kit. Like all good businesses MUFC being the best at it in the sports arena, the club are hopefully saturating an opportunity to not only raise awareness of the game, but making the RL world aware of the clubs history as well.

I feel we have a fantastic, well updated club website, i am sure JS has already looked into being able to offer Joe Public the option of buying the shirt online (which i must add has never been done direct before), and offering options on T-Shirts and training gear should fans not want to fork out for a full shirt or unlikely not like the shirt.
With the towns MP in attendance, our main sponsor and the link up with Saints being showcased. i feel all should be congratulated on this event, lets keep the momentum going and kick on in to a new season on the pitch.

Well done everyone involved, i feel a marketing masterstroke has been born.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#5 CAMS

CAMS
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

Great attendance last night and some great comments received already about the new away shirt. The away shirt will be available to purchase for the start of the season, so after you've spent up on Christmas, get saving again! :)

As you all know, we are working hard off the field to attack next year with a different perspective and we are trying to be innovative with our ideas.

Of course, we just need the fans to support what we are trying to achieve.

Don't forget, next week is our 'Business Event' (Thursday 29th Nov 6.30pm start at Spotland) and over 300 invitations have been either posted, emailed or even hand delivered by myself to local business so we are hoping for a very good attendance.

If you think that your own employers would be interested in coming along, please let me know, and I will be happy to forward to your the Official Invitation, which you can then pass on.

Thanks

See how CAMS can benefit you and your club!

Complete Athlete Management Solutions

www.cams-sport.com

#6 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Gutted i couldn't eventually make it last night, but seeing the new Away kit on twitter i have to say its a great concept and Stanky was getting questions from fans right across the RL world as to why, how and when they could buy one.
The Fiji/Rochdale link is famous enough and with the Fiji national team playing a Qualifier at Spotland in the World Cup i feel the club have pulled of a marketing master stroke by launching this kit. Like all good businesses MUFC being the best at it in the sports arena, the club are hopefully saturating an opportunity to not only raise awareness of the game, but making the RL world aware of the clubs history as well.

I feel we have a fantastic, well updated club website, i am sure JS has already looked into being able to offer Joe Public the option of buying the shirt online (which i must add has never been done direct before), and offering options on T-Shirts and training gear should fans not want to fork out for a full shirt or unlikely not like the shirt.
With the towns MP in attendance, our main sponsor and the link up with Saints being showcased. i feel all should be congratulated on this event, lets keep the momentum going and kick on in to a new season on the pitch.

Well done everyone involved, i feel a marketing masterstroke has been born.

The club is down the line to offering payment facilities via the web site,but these things take time to set up, hopefully it will soon be operational.Great night last evening great turn out attended by members, fans ,our MP,main sponser,the full coaching team,board members and the squad.All wanting the same thing Hornets to be successful.Can not wait for next season to start.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#7 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Really looking forward to next season now, it would seem the club is relatively stable and have plans and the ability to move forward.

I didn't attend the meeting, was there any news or questions asked about preseason friendlies, specifically the Town team game?
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users