Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mason Free

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Keith Mason has left Huddersfield Giants, but not by mutual consent not it seems.

It has been rumoured for quite sometime that there was a disciplinary process underway, and subsequent rumours that his contract has been ended.

One less prop in the squad, although there seems to be plenty of cover in those positions, unlike last season. He is an aggressive player, but is prone to giving penalties away. He wasn't used much last season, despite the shortage of props, and he wasn't especially effective when he was playing; maybe he was carrying an injury.

Given the situation, Huddersfield are saying little.

http://www.examiner....86081-32284494/

So, for any club needing a prop, there is now a free Mason. It has also been rumoured that Wakefield are interested in signing him.

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Is he any good though?

He's always struck me as slow and unathletic - maybe he should switch to union?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Considering our signings I wouldn't be suprised if we offer him a deal :D

#4 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Yeah he's almost certainly HKR bound. If it means Mickey Rourke in the stands at MS3 Craven Park once or twice it might just be worth it.

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Perfect for Rovers, they can dig all that merchandise out of the skip from the other year.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,434 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Perfect for Rovers, they can dig all that merchandise out of the skip from the other year.

:D

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Yeah he's almost certainly HKR bound. If it means Mickey Rourke in the stands at MS3 Craven Park once or twice it might just be worth it.

I heard he was a one-time IRA supporter.

#8 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

2011 he was utterly brilliant for the Giants, don't know what's gone on or what went wrong but 2012 he couldn't get into the team and when he did was underwhelming

On form he is a great prop, hard working, hard tackling and a bit of mongrel about him and I think he'll be a good add to whichever team he goes to

I'm sure there's a lot to this story we don't know but I for one am sorry to see Mason leave

#9 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I heard he was a one-time IRA supporter.

Wasn't that James Mason in "Odd Man Out," not Keith Mason? ;) :D

#10 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Bdum tish. :lol:

Good one.

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,731 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

He's always been awful against Warrington; he gets himself so worked up that he gives away several penalties and is generally a source of humour for the crowd.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 Dennis Bloodnock

Dennis Bloodnock
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Keith Mason has left Huddersfield Giants, but not by mutual consent not it seems.

It has been rumoured for quite sometime that there was a disciplinary process underway, and subsequent rumours that his contract has been ended.

One less prop in the squad, although there seems to be plenty of cover in those positions, unlike last season. He is an aggressive player, but is prone to giving penalties away. He wasn't used much last season, despite the shortage of props, and he wasn't especially effective when he was playing; maybe he was carrying an injury.

So, for any club needing a prop, there is now a free Mason. It has also been rumoured that Wakefield are interested in signing him.

Now that he is a "free Mason" will it be an handshake agreement if he signs for another club?
I can speak Esperanto like a native.

#13 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I've thought he was a massive tw*t since this...

Can't imagine them two being the best of team mates?
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#14 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Now that he is a "free Mason" will it be an handshake agreement if he signs for another club?

The compass is pointing in that direction.

#15 BJW

BJW
  • Coach
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

The compass is pointing in that direction.

Is that on the level ?
My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

#16 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

They should get it squared away asap.

#17 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Wakefield bound
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#18 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

I wish St.Helens would re-sign him. Never understood why we let him go in the first place, he was never the best front rower we had, but was a big aggressive hard running unit who always offered the team something whether he started or came off the bench as an impact player. Certainly the type of player Saints are missing in their pack currently - an enforcer.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users