Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rumoured signing

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

Building a squad within a budget is a fine art and looking at last year i dont think anyone could knock the guys that carried it out. Darren will know what he wants and who he wnats but may be he will have to settle with what is affordable.

Edited by D11, 27 November 2012 - 08:45 AM.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#42 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Building a squad within a budget is a fine art and looking at last year i dont think anyone could knock the guys that carried it out. Darren will know what he wants and who he wnats but may be he will have to settle with what is affordable.

Yes, and I can't think of anyone that would do a better job with what he has available to him.
There is a tendency on here to have a sly dig at Darren, but IMHO he is one of the best young coaches around.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#43 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Yes, and I can't think of anyone that would do a better job with what he has available to him.
There is a tendency on here to have a sly dig at Darren, but IMHO he is one of the best young coaches around.

Agreed. It's the usual doom and gloom clowns who would probably find something to moan about even if they won the lottery. They are a little tedious at times.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#44 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

and 'Darren' never had a sly dig at anyone did he.....course not.. ;)

#45 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

looks like we have signed Tom Brannon ex Barrow Island winger who was on Warringtons books as he is listed in the players gallery on the Raiders website. Dunno if this is the big news or not ?

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#46 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

A wiser option might be to wait until the ink is dry before making announcements otherwise you look a bit silly if a deal falls through, or the signing isn't as big as the headline might suggest. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

#47 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

A wiser option might be to wait until the ink is dry before making announcements otherwise you look a bit silly if a deal falls through, or the signing isn't as big as the headline might suggest. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Seems strange its on the club website tho Dave about Tom ?

Lee Morton

#48 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Yes. Strange that it hasn't been announced and we're all still holding our breaths in anticipation of a big signing. It's just a bit confusing.

The club have been quite good of late with the systematic way they've handled press releases regarding the signing of players.

#49 Thirty Three

Thirty Three
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

It's Jack Spencer a Prop who played for Salford and West's Tigers.
6"1 and 21.
Tom Brannon is a great signing.
:D
"All things must pass....."

#50 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Is Tom confirmed anywhere as I cant get on the website at the mo ?

Lee Morton

#51 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Brannon will be a good signing if he can get into the squad. got to think that currently, Clay and Nixon will be commanding starting spots, regardless of mine and others opinion on the latters use to the team..

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users