Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Summer Rugby

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Cents

Cents
  • Coach
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

The above might work but you will sacrifice bar revenue, I'm sure you will get the crowds to watch on a Tues or Wed. My team plays in the Cumberland League and we had two 500+ crowds for matches on a Monday and Tuesday night, but when I spoke to the secretary, he told me that they had only taken £200 on the bar for both games as nobody stayed afterwards for a pint!
Some things in summer worked, and some didn't in my opinion, it will be interesting to see what happens next season.
Would it not make more sense to play on a Friday night?
Any first team fringe players could play part of the game and then go on the bench for the first team on Saturday, at least that way you would get people watching and drinking and they could also follow the first team on the Saturday

Friday night games would be fine, we believe that playing games in midweek (Mon-Fri) would mean less fixtures getting cancelled because clubs cannot get sides, people will moan from time to time about clubs playing 'first team players' (my self included) but if it means we get a game rather than have a fixture cancelled then i'd rather play against 3-4 'first team players' in the A team.

#22 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

The Cumberland meeting is tonight to review it and make a decision on next season, I've heard on the grapevine that there a one or two RU clubs interested in entering a side if it stays in summer, but whether that's just talk or not I don't know. Should be an interesting meeting, the league seemed to go really well until the break, then it dropped off a bit after that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users