Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rhinos squad numbers announced tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

here we go already.when the partnership was announced we were all assured that the leeds players would be on season long loans and i stated couldn't see that happening but was shot down in flames on here saying dont worry it will be season long deals.well here we go season hasnt started and things are changing already.

#22 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

I didn't like the idea of this partership and once its was explained that it would be season long loans then i came round to the idea, now it seems its not season long loans will this mean we have the use of these players as and when Leeds allow us then?

#23 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

exactly russ.i have just come round to the idea myself but now feel slightly duped and lied to.this brings back the original question i asked.when a leeds loan player gets in the team in front of a hunslet player and then returns to leeds after 2 weeks due to injury we then have to ask the hunslet player to step up.not right and not fair in my book.

#24 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Nah its not and when we both said that in the first place people told us not to bother going to watch Hunslet if we dont like it!

#25 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

quite right russ.sure we will be shot down again but ordering my 3 kids season tickets is now on hold.

#26 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

There could well be 1 or 2 season long loans, there could well be 1 month loans, there could well be a few on Dual Registration.

At no point has anyone said any different.
Posted Image

#27 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

gav when the partnership was first announced i was dead against the idea full stop.i was slowly talked round to the idea and was assured at the time that no leeds players would come to our club on anything less than season long loans and if they werent season long loans then we wouldnt take them.i have trawled through the old messages trying to find the original conversation but either i cant see it or its been deleted but i can assure you this is what i was told at the time.

#28 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

gav when the partnership was first announced i was dead against the idea full stop.i was slowly talked round to the idea and was assured at the time that no leeds players would come to our club on anything less than season long loans and if they werent season long loans then we wouldnt take them.i have trawled through the old messages trying to find the original conversation but either i cant see it or its been deleted but i can assure you this is what i was told at the time.

Whoever told you that was being rather mischievous then, if that is what they actually said.
Posted Image

#29 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

well they did and thats why i aint overly happy.will wait for an official quote from hunslet first and see whats what but i am so looking forward to the season and dont want to be thinking everytime we are told something is this the truth or is this just to make it sound good if you know what i mean.

#30 Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Just a question Daz , which ever players we get will they train with us on a tues,thurs,fri night or will they still train with Leeds with them being full time and train through the day........and if they are with us is Jonny Wainhouse here to report back to Leeds on there training.......

Rick,

The Leeds players are currently in full time pre season training with Rhinos; they will join us in January and train Thurdays & Fridays with the rest of the squad.

Jonny is here in effect as a replacement for Mark Cass who will retain his match day duties only, but obviously it will ease the transission and integration of the Leeds players into the squad and provide some familiarity in new surroundings, Barry will be sitting down with the Leeds coaching staff weekly as part of the review process.
Hawkeye
Posted Image

#31 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Rick,

The Leeds players are currently in full time pre season training with Rhinos; they will join us in January and train Thurdays & Fridays with the rest of the squad.

Jonny is here in effect as a replacement for Mark Cass who will retain his match day duties only, but obviously it will ease the transission and integration of the Leeds players into the squad and provide some familiarity in new surroundings, Barry will be sitting down with the Leeds coaching staff weekly as part of the review process.

Cheers Daz

#32 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

have checked again for the old postings but cant seem to find it bu this is taken from a piece on the hunslet website.

•The clubs coaching staff will have input into the selection process of which players will come to Hunslet as dual registration players. Our main aim will be for a small number of players on season long dual registrations to retain continuity.

sure it says season long there my eyes arent that bad.

#33 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,290 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

have checked again for the old postings but cant seem to find it bu this is taken from a piece on the hunslet website.

•The clubs coaching staff will have input into the selection process of which players will come to Hunslet as dual registration players. Our main aim will be for a small number of players on season long dual registrations to retain continuity.

sure it says season long there my eyes arent that bad.

Yep, season long dual registrations.
Posted Image

#34 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

The conversation we had about this on fb has been removed as well.

#35 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

it says dual reg above but i can remember having a conversation about it being season long LOANS and there is a big difference.

#36 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

yep i remember it too russ.

#37 HK Hawk

HK Hawk
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

My understanding is we will be getting players on season long DR who are less likely to be called back (i.e. only if leeds have injuries or suspensions which they can't cover from the remaining first team squad). I'm not suggesting you guys are wrong, that's just my own recollection. It makes sense really. Leeds are unlikely to fill an injury crisis with players from their U20's they are going to utilize their first team squad. From Hunslet's perspective, in my opinion, I would sooner risk us taking the likes of Liam Hood, who might go back but are of better quality than what we have, than take players from their U20's on guaranteed season long loans who are unlikely, for the next season or two anyway, to improve on what we have.

Edited by HK Hawk, 23 November 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#38 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

They will train as normal through the week with Leeds and then attend 2 out of the 3 sessions with Hunslet if Hunslet train 3 times. That's how it used to work.

#39 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

We have always stated that it would be dual reg season long deals and I don't see what the issue is here? In any loan, dual reg agreement what ever you want to call it there is always going to be recall options, it's the nature of what a loan is (you loan someone something because you don't really need it at that time, you recall that loan when you do need it) WBA have just loaned Leeds Utd a player, I'm pretty sure that if they have an injury crisis they will have refusal to recall that player from Leeds to play for WBA, thats how it works,so what's the difference?

For me, instead off focusing on the the fact that a player might be here for a week, a month, or a season, we should be focusing on the fact that we are going to be getting players who will IMPROVE our squad and make us more competitive and could keep us up this season.

And again we are not alone in doing this EVERY club in our league apart from two are utilising dual reg players from a particular partner club, it's just the way the game is going, and taking away the Leeds factor, we have been luckier than most that we have, like it or not partnered with the best run club in the game and with the best youth set up in the game!

Let's just see how it pans out, if it works great, if it doesnt we review and make decisons based on that!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#40 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

And let's not forget Barry has signed a squad of 27 contracted HUNSLET players he thinks will compete next season, regardless of any dual reg deals!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users