Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rhinos squad numbers announced tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

So support your club based on that!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#42 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

At the end of the day Huns need to stop up in this league , no matter what it takes. Of course it would be great to have long season deals as what I took it to be, and I wanted, but so what , WE have to stop in this league no matter what it takes, If the Devil turned up in a Hawks shirt and promised us we would stop up I would take it. The four Leeds players from their squad is good deal for us,and they don't cost anything , this will only help us stop up, and if they are re-called to their first team squad ,well they must be good.

Simple fact is if Huns go down , I think we will be finished, and that means any club going down not only us. So lets get behind our club now.So What's the problem.

#43 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

at last some common sence bite the bullet and work with HIST to keep the club viable and competative let the season get underway and hopefully the results on the field might show this partnership will work for the good of Hunslet Hawks
chappy

#44 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Correct, agree entirely with the last 2 posts.My only concern is with having no A team how do we keep everyone happy, 27 players + 4 duel reg = 31. Only 17 can play meaning 14 cant, even allowing for injuries, suspensions etc its gonna mean quite a few aint gettin game time.Will we loan these out to amatuer clubs to keep them match fit?
Posted Image

#45 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

I have no concerns, I can't wait for the season to begin, it's going to be a cracking 2013

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#46 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Correct, agree entirely with the last 2 posts.My only concern is with having no A team how do we keep everyone happy, 27 players + 4 duel reg = 31. Only 17 can play meaning 14 cant, even allowing for injuries, suspensions etc its gonna mean quite a few aint gettin game time.Will we loan these out to amatuer clubs to keep them match fit?

No because you can't play amateur if you have signed pro forms.

#47 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

And then the amateur players av to take a back seat..........No ta.......

#48 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Don't see what all the fuss is about--- dual reg means dual reg, the named players can play for either club if required--- if they are not required they wont play.
Interesting to note that at present Hunslet have a bigger squad than the Rhinos.

#49 rodleydragons

rodleydragons
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

blackbeard that is my point in a nutshell with the hunslet players.just supposing 1 of the players is liam hood as widely touted on here.now i know he's a class player but he comes does that mean luke haigh who in my opinion was one of the best players last year has to be benched but then if hood gets injured haighy gets the old oh well we need you now.

Edited by rodleydragons, 24 November 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#50 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Don't see what all the fuss is about--- dual reg means dual reg, the named players can play for either club if required--- if they are not required they wont play.
Interesting to note that at present Hunslet have a bigger squad than the Rhinos.

Reason for thy is simple frisky, we pay players as they play (win/lose money) and Leeds have to pay contracts worth up to 1.5 million quid, fewer players means more money spread across there squad.

#51 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Reason for thy is simple frisky, we pay players as they play (win/lose money) and Leeds have to pay contracts worth up to 1.5 million quid, fewer players means more money spread across there squad.

If a Leeds player plays were does his win/lose money go , because he's getting a full time wage at Leeds , does the Leeds club get it........just curious.......

#52 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

If a Leeds player plays were does his win/lose money go , because he's getting a full time wage at Leeds , does the Leeds club get it........just curious.......

To the player who else :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users