Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Italy WC Squad

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

It is abuse of the rules in your eyes but you are not willing to justify or explain why it is.

See post #19.

It is abuse because you do not agree with the practice. The players do it of their own free will, so why are you not criticising the players who are the real culprits in this, all they have to do is say 'no thanks I have already made my decision who I wish to play for'. Of the players to have represented Australia how many did not learn their RL at junior levels in Australia ? Now compare that with Australian citizens who lerarnt to play RL in Australia and developed by state school and the ARL that have represented other nations. Then tell me who is abusing the rules.

The fact that players come through the Australian system is irrelevant if that player then plays for the country of his birth or heritage and is then coerced into declaring for Australia (and going on to play for Australia) when he has already played for another nation in the same WC cycle. Your argument that Australia produces players for other nations is also irrelevant.

rldfsignature.jpg

#22 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,622 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Agree with pom here. Its one thing if a player is born in one country but feels a desire to represent his parents (or possibly grandparents) country of heritage. But that should be where the line is drawn. Implying players should side with Aus (for example) or they can't play origin is out of order and impedes international development.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users