TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

RAMS TO HELP LIGHT UP DEWSBURY

Rams media release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Dewsbury's very own horned phenomenon, Roger Ram and the club's longest-serving player, Austin Buchanan will help light up Dewsbury tomorrow, at the big Christmas lights switch-on event in the town centre from 1.00pm onwards.

Roger and Austin will be joined by Emmerdale actress Lucy Pargeter and the Deputy Mayor of Kirklees, Cllr Martyn Bolt.

The day of festive thrills will include a performance from DJ and rapper Jay Mya as a part of the 'Pulse Roadshow' and street theatre entertainers.

Club mascot Roger can't wait to be a part of the celebrations, and says he is looking forward to making some new friends as the 2013 season draws ever nearer.

"I’ve always loved the events in Dewsbury town centre, especially as I always receive a warm welcome," said Roger, who is rapidly developing a reputation as Rugby League's busiest mascot. "This year I’m again looking forward to meeting all my loyal fans both young and old, and will be keeping a close eye out for those in Rams colours.

"We can't control the weather but I intend to be there, rain or shine, so come along. I'll be more than happy to pose for photos and, as I'm now decked out in my Christmas decorations, I'll be easy to spot!"

Dewsbury Rams media

Edited by Honor James, 23 November 2012 - 04:11 PM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Err, 1pm? To switch on their Christmas lights...?

:huh:
Posted Image

#3 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I don't know what has happened at Dewsbury Rams but it seems to be all good. Impressive recruiting, ground development, marketing and press releases in some numbers, they are really putting a positive spotlight on their club.

#4 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,705 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't know what has happened at Dewsbury Rams but it seems to be all good. Impressive recruiting, ground development, marketing and press releases in some numbers, they are really putting a positive spotlight on their club.

Next stop Superleague ;)

#5 hunslet1952

hunslet1952
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

1pm cos Lucy must be on release during daylight

#6 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Dewsbury. . the town where the sun never shines.

#7 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Err, 1pm? To switch on their Christmas lights...?

:huh:

I have just checked this with the Dewsbury Rams media wizard and the time is correct, but in amending the wording slightly (to combine heading and text for easier reading) I had left off the word `from' - thousand apologies!

In other words, there is a whole afternoon and evening of events and fun culminating, I imagine, with the Christmas lights switch on.

I have now amended my original post, so that should be clearer to furture viewers.

HJ

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#8 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Next stop Superleague ;)

Are you jealous that they are outshining the Leeds A team, sorry, I meant Hunslet Hawks?

#9 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,881 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Could be worse...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#10 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Yada yada yada

At least we know what one looks like

#11 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

I have just checked this with the Dewsbury Rams media wizard and the time is correct, but in amending the wording slightly (to combine heading and text for easier reading) I had left off the word `from' - thousand apologies!

In other words, there is a whole afternoon and evening of events and fun culminating, I imagine, with the Christmas lights switch on.

I have now amended my original post, so that should be clearer to furture viewers.

HJ

Yes 1pm is right the Dewsbury town team has a series of events and attractions planned as part of the build up to the turn on at 5pm.