According to the Mail

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

According to The Evening Mail website we start with an away to Hunslet on 3rd Febuary :( followed by a home to Doncaster on the 10th

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,918 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

steady start that!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Why the long face? Would you have preferred Halifax away and Sheffield at home?

We're going to be playing everybody home and away at some point, so why not start with a couple of winnable games?

#4 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Just think we could be top of the league.......for a while...come on boys...I'm getting excited again...lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#5 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hunslet/Leeds and then Doncaster/Wakefield you mean?

All games are going to be tough this season IMO,I'll be we'll happy with mid table and maybe a scalp in the challenge cup at home?

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

ALL games will be very very tough this year and we havnt recruited as well as some of the other clubs I feel we will be battling against to avoid the bottom 2. We will be in for a tough season no doubts!

The new signings look very good on paper (where have we heard that before) but are a bit of an unknown quantity?

Im not doubting the effort will be there but have we got the quality for the Championship....only time will tell.

One thing for sure...I will be there at all home games and hopefully a few away games as well and even though im feeling nervous about not being in the bottom 2 im really looking forward to watching the best game in the world played right in front on me :)

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Why the long face? Would you have preferred Halifax away and Sheffield at home?

We're going to be playing everybody home and away at some point, so why not start with a couple of winnable games?

No I just remember the last time we went to Hunslet, the s***tip of a pub with no food because "Leeds utd were on telly" :angry: the concrete stadium with no atmosphere and the awful pies . P.s I would have liked Keigthly(sp)
away if I could pick

#8 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Good to get it out of the way early then!

#9 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

You guys might of been better playing the top teams first because if last season is anything to go by that's the best time to catch us before we hit top gear.With the new signings and not much match fitness that's just my opinion of course.

#10 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

There is a complete list of Ch & Ch1 fixtures printed in todays Rugby Leaguer.

I think there are one or two points of interest. First of all I notice that the Batley game at CP is televised on 21/2/2013 with KO 7.30pm. Surely this will be a problem with floodlights.

Ch season starts on 31/1/2013 but Ch1 does not start until 29/3/2013.

The Rail Cup has been re structured and Ch1 clubs have a knock out competition starting on 2/3/2013 and the top 2 clubs will join Ch clubs in the Rail Cup on 19/5/2013. The Rail Cup final will be 21/7/2013 but it seems strange that there will be a full set of fixtures on that day.

Derby's at CP will be Whitehaven 17/3/2013 and Workington 18/8/2013.

Posted Image

#11 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Following my last post I see that Raiders kick offs are shown as 3.00pm. Surely until Easter this will be 2.00pm.

Posted Image

#12 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Michael any chance of listing the fixtures please ? HOLD that ive posted a new thread with a link

Lee

Edited by morty, 26 November 2012 - 10:04 AM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users