Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Oxford RL website

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

http://www.oxfordrl.com/ new website now live

Edited by jannerboyuk, 24 November 2012 - 03:46 PM.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#2 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

I like that grandstand. Shades of Sydney Cricket Ground (on a smaller scale, of course)
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#3 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,289 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Nice site. Quite a bit of thought seems to have gone into it.

#4 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

First impressions from that site are very good and I agree that the ground looks fantastic. Let's hope they can back it up now.

#5 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

They seem to have some reputable people involved which is good

#6 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Good website, better than Hemel's. gonna be a good year for us RL fans in the south. Choice!

#7 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Some of it's really quite intelligent: putting the goalposts as All Souls College, and the "RUGBY LEAGUE INSPIRES" motto. Brilliant stuff!!

Funny that they don't have a moniker too.

After seeing all this I would love for there to be a 'Cambridge Rugby League' club in the Championship now. Wishful thinking.

#8 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Good website, better than Hemel's. gonna be a good year for us RL fans in the south. Choice!

Great website, looking forward to next season when I can get to see three semi pro RL teams all within reasonable drives. When you look at that list of teams playing in the league and their geographical coverage, it does look pretty impresive -

North Wales, South Wales, Gateshead, Gloucester, Hemel Hempstead, London, Oldham, Oxford and Rochdale.

#9 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,021 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Great website, looking forward to next season when I can get to see three semi pro RL teams all within reasonable drives. When you look at that list of teams playing in the league and their geographical coverage, it does look pretty impresive -

North Wales, South Wales, Gateshead, Gloucester, Hemel Hempstead, London, Oldham, Oxford and Rochdale.

Just missing the midlands and ironically Yorkshire

Edited by bowes, 25 November 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#10 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Just missing the midlands and ironically Yorkshire

Yes, it's a pity Bramley missed trhe boat.

#11 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Excellent website.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#12 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yes, it's a pity Bramley missed trhe boat.

Can't help thinking Bramley's perineum approach to re-emerging as a pro club did them more harm than good.

There was loads of interest when they relaunched but people saw through the quality of the product they were offering pretty quickly. This level would've been ideal for them but perhaps the chance has passed now.

#13 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

Can't help thinking Bramley's perineum approach to re-emerging as a pro club did them more harm than good.

There was loads of interest when they relaunched but people saw through the quality of the product they were offering pretty quickly. This level would've been ideal for them but perhaps the chance has passed now.

This isn't a time for recreating the past, and all the expense of trying to run a pro club where there's no interest and others exist anyway. It's about expanding, and it'd be great to see the new clubs expand the junior game in their areas something Bramley were never going to do. Up the Akkies.

Anyway I say bring back Leeds Parish Church.

#14 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

This isn't a time for recreating the past, and all the expense of trying to run a pro club where there's no interest and others exist anyway. It's about expanding, and it'd be great to see the new clubs expand the junior game in their areas something Bramley were never going to do. Up the Akkies.

You might have to be bang up to date and bring in the Beeston Intifadas.

#15 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

I'm not convinced the Leeds Akkies model is the one to go down unfortunately. They seem to be doing a very good job with masters though, not so much at the younger end of the spectrum.

#16 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'm not convinced the Leeds Akkies model is the one to go down unfortunately. They seem to be doing a very good job with masters though, not so much at the younger end of the spectrum.

We have never claimed otherwise to be fair mate. Akkies have never ran junior teams.
Posted Image

#17 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Aren't the North Leeds Leopards offering an option in the area now? My geography is a bit sketchy!
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#18 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,766 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

Very nice-looking website - clean designs, not too fussy.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#19 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,289 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Aren't the North Leeds Leopards offering an option in the area now? My geography is a bit sketchy!

I think you could be right.

#20 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

We have never claimed otherwise to be fair mate. Akkies have never ran junior teams.

Wasn't criticising Akkies so much as Parksider's suggesation that you're the way forward for your junior work.