Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

new clubs for 2013?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 shawy13

shawy13
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

I would be surprised if Hindpool or Ulverston moved to a Cumbria league

#22 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,711 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I would be surprised if Hindpool or Ulverston moved to a Cumbria league

In which case it won't happen. But where will Barrow Island play then?

#23 shawy13

shawy13
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

If the other Barrow teams move then it will still happen it just wont be an equal split

#24 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,711 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Where are Burtonwood Bridge and Wigan Riversiders?

#25 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Maybe back in the merit league?

I was hopeful that a few from the Merit League might step up...and I'd hope some might still.
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#26 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,711 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

I thought Manor Park might?

#27 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,711 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Anyone got a division 3 lineup?

Thinking about it Wigan Riversiders and New Springs Lions were many of the same players so that explains where they went.

#28 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

If the other Barrow teams move then it will still happen it just wont be an equal split

I have heard that Roose Pioneers are staying in NWML,not sure what Barrow Island and Walney are doing but both have made big noises in the Barrow press about going into the Cumbrian league?

#29 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,711 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

I have heard that Roose Pioneers are staying in NWML,not sure what Barrow Island and Walney are doing but both have made big noises in the Barrow press about going into the Cumbrian league?

Is there a point in doing the Cumbrian League if they're the only Barrow sides?

#30 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

From Wigan Riversiders tweets they may be still be intending to play - intention of being Div 4
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#31 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Theres one right under Bowes's nose that'll making a debut...

#32 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,711 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Theres one right under Bowes's nose that'll making a debut...

Guess I'll here more after Saturday

#33 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,711 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

NWML division 3 is as I predicted, all A teams:

Ince Rose Bridge
Oldham St Annes
Rochdale Mayfield
Bank Quay Bulls
Blackbrook
Widnes West Bank
Wigan St Cuthberts
Folly Lane
Eccles
Saddleworth
Waterhead
Woolston Rovers

Naturally I expect some changes mainly around whether Cumbria happens but also can't help feeling some clubs will have good/bad off seasons and Cadishead should be lower IMO unless they've recruited.

Surprised no winter or summer teams have switched (unless Burtonwood Bridge have?)

#34 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Burtonwood are in training....whther thats for the Feb start of the NWML or not I do not know.

#35 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Guess I'll here more after Saturday

;)

#36 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,711 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Maybe back in the merit league?

I was hopeful that a few from the Merit League might step up...and I'd hope some might still.

Sounds like Hope Valley Hawks (who won the merit league in the midlands last year) will switch to the merit league in the NW next year as it's where they played most of their games anyway

#37 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Sounds like Hope Valley Hawks (who won the merit league in the midlands last year) will switch to the merit league in the NW next year as it's where they played most of their games anyway

pity they cannot join the formal league but the overlap with Union must be too big. Have seen them play Union in Bury and they've a few lads who know League and with the players they seem to have they'd be OK in the full league.

#38 pockknight

pockknight
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

have a look at http://pitchero.com/.../new/fans/forum

#39 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,711 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Oxford Mavericks are a new side though playing in the South East so won't play the Cavaliers unless the latter are switching (if Oxford are serious they could run their own local league covering the Thames Valley area plus Hampshire. There's 5 clubs in the region already now). Mavericks will be alumni based rather than military.

#40 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hilton Park (Leigh) have appeared on twitter. Not sure where they sprang up from but think I read somewhere there was former Leigh East people involved.

the squad they've announced via twitter is pretty special given the division they've been put into!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users