Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Do you feel any allegiances towards County?

discussiondebate counties flags

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,411 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

People often move away from Yorkshire and then move back because the modern world scares them :P

As my kids say "Epic Fail" ;)
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#62 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

who could possibly accuse Yarksire folk of being arrogant and introspective? :rolleyes:
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#63 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

im yorkshire first and formost and i suppose that makes me english but its only yorkshire i feel any aligance to in my heart.
my son and his wife who had been living in the usa for 3 years came back to yorkshire so my grandson could be born in yorkshire and his wife loves the county so much they have moved here back for good now..

after all theres only 3 kinds of people in the world those born in yorkshire, those that wish they were born in yorkshire and those that dont count.

its also a fact that if hitler had come to yorkshire instead of liverpool there would have been no 2nd world war as he would have soon realised there was already a master race there called yorkshire folk

And people say education standards have declined and grammar and spelling ain't wot it waz.

LUNEW.jpg

#64 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,287 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

I have heard it said "Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred, strong i'th arm, weak i'th head"

I've also heard it said that they Yorkshiremen's motto is , ‘Hear all, see all, say now't, tak' all, keep all, gie now't, and if tha ever does ow't for now't do it for thysen.’

Not true I'm sure.

Anyway , counties past present and future are merely administrative constructs designed to make running an area more convenient for whoever was, is or will be in charge. So no, no loyalty.

#65 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,411 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

who could possibly accuse Yarksire folk of being arrogant and introspective? :rolleyes:

It's YORKSHIRE,there is no A in it,and even when it's pronounced it doesn't sound like an A, :rolleyes: :P
And a previous poster complained education standards slipping,they certainly have on the cold, wet,miserable side of the Pennines(that's Lancashire by the way).
All good fun.

#66 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

It said on the news this morning that the M62 in the Leeds Bradford conurbation is the busiest road in Britain.

I reckon the congestion problem could be solved by limiting the amount of outsiders desperately trying to get here every day.

Of course, it could be argued that the traffic might include people trying to get out. But that theory can be readily discounted because, when you think about it, there's really not many other places worth going to.

;) :D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#67 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

People often move away from Yorkshire and then move back because the modern world scares them :P

Says the only man from Gloucestershire without a pudding-basin haircut.

#68 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

And a previous poster complained education standards slipping,they certainly have on the cold, wet,miserable side of the Pennines(that's Lancashire by the way).
All good fun.

My observation was based upon deducing the poster's age rather than his geographic origin. I'm a very proud Yorkshireman who's sure that education standards have risen dramatically in all English counties.

LUNEW.jpg

#69 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,411 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

My observation was based upon deducing the poster's age rather than his geographic origin. I'm a very proud Yorkshireman who's sure that education standards have risen dramatically in all English counties.

Nice save.

#70 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Nah, just busy killing each other at Culloden.

Hah! Yes, North Britain, led by an effeminate Italian-Polish-Northbrit, against a combined North/South Britain squad - with the customary atrocities for afters...
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#71 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,241 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hah! Yes, North Britain, led by an effeminate Italian-Polish-Northbrit, against a combined North/South Britain squad - with the customary atrocities for afters...

Kilts for goalposts ...
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#72 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

And history's written by the winners.

#73 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Says the only man from Gloucestershire without a pudding-basin haircut.

Being a mathematician he has a parabola haircut.

LUNEW.jpg

#74 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Kilts for goalposts ...

Severed heads more like!

#75 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

And history's written by the winners.

Listen, the history of season '45/46 has been written (and re-written) so many times no one has a clue what the #### was going on. The only certain thing was that the far-northern counties had a great regular season, but got absolutely stuffed in the play-offs.

#76 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Being a mathematician he has a parabola haircut.

Or a para-bowl-a haircut.

#77 brooza

brooza
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

5 Yorkshire
10 Lancashire
12 Hertfordshire

I'm proud to be a Yorkshireman, and actually feel more of an affinity with the county now that I live in Hertfordshire!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#78 brooza

brooza
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I have heard it said "Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred, strong i'th arm, weak i'th head"

I've also heard it said that they Yorkshiremen's motto is , ‘Hear all, see all, say now't, tak' all, keep all, gie now't, and if tha ever does ow't for now't do it for thysen.’

I've heard it as eat all, sup all, pay nowt
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#79 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

But their spelling (they're not there) and lack of appropriate capital letters proves otherwise.

ah but the proof is that we get on with work instead of sitting behind a desk with a dictionary stuck up our ###### .
oh for the days when this country was full of workers not penpushers or is it office boys who couldnt do a hard days work if there life depended on it
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#80 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

ah but the proof is that we get on with work instead of sitting behind a desk with a dictionary stuck up our ###### .
oh for the days when this country was full of workers not penpushers or is it office boys who couldnt do a hard days work if there life depended on it

Born in a industrial town, first generation of my family not to build trains for a living (that'll be manual labour) and that was only because the railway works were shut down, never worked behind a desk (apart from at school) never pushed a pen (apart from at school), worked in a couple of factories and now self employed (if I don't work I don't get paid, no holiday or sick pay) and didn't need a dictionary to notice your errors as I remember things I learnt at school.

But as a born and bred southerner I obviously fall under your southern stereotype so I must be mistaken.

Also, Wiltshire is God's County!

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 04 December 2012 - 09:42 AM.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users