Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TV Date

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

I see the home game with Haven at Easter is to be shown on tv :) .

#2 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

And the Keighley away match on 30 may on a Thursday :( :( .

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

poor old haven. not only will we be making it 7 in a row by then, there going to be getting embarresed on national tv by there biggest rivals.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

while i have always thought a town v haven game would be great for TV it will have a massive impact on the crowd,all the floating fans on both sides who normally would make a full day of it on good friday,will now go to the pub thursday night and watch it.How many tv games do you have we have 4 ,one at home against leigh early doors and town eagles and swinton away?
Good to see them showing newly promoted teams rather than all the top teams

#5 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

2 haven at home and Keighly away.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

The fewer the better .

Edited by DavidM, 26 November 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#7 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

2 haven at home and Keighly away.

Im assuming 3 as round 25 V York Knights August 22 is a Thursday 7.30pm K.O. also

#8 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

The fixtures are saying Town v Haven on Good Friday KO TBC by Premier Sports.
Agree that a Thurs night would have severely impacted on the attendance, not so much if on Good Friday at say 2pm.

#9 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

for some reason all games at round 25 are evening kick offs @ 7.30 ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

That is the Thursday prior to the Challenge Cup Final so they will be playing them then in order that folk can travel to Wembley.

I am pleased that we only have 2 televised games at it means less quick turnarounds. Haven have 4 televised, 3 of them away which isn't good because of the travelling in midweek.

I think the Dewsbury v Batley game was shown on Good Friday last season so I think our derby game will be on Good Friday as well and not on a Thursday evening.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Thats the Challenge cup weekend.

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

while i have always thought a town v haven game would be great for TV it will have a massive impact on the crowd,all the floating fans on both sides who normally would make a full day of it on good friday,will now go to the pub thursday night and watch it.How many tv games do you have we have 4 ,one at home against leigh early doors and town eagles and swinton away?

"we have 4". typical veiled dig from a jampot. do you and boxer work together.

#13 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Now that the club know that the game is going to be on TV it would be great if they could do some sort of "community club" cashback scheme on tickets bought in advance or something along them lines for clubs in both Allerdale and Copeland with maybe even another incentive for the club that sells the most for the game to see if we can get the biggest Derby crowd this millenium inside the ground!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#14 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

It makes you wonder just how much thought and discussion goes in to selecting the games to be televised. Barrow were given 12 months to bring their floodlights up to Championship grade for televised matches and Keith Nutter is working his socks off to raise £100,000 to have new lights installed in order that the club can remain in the Championship in 2014.

Premier Sports have selected the Barrow versus Batley match which is to be televised on Thursday, 21st February 2012, one of the earliest fixtures when the evenings are still relatively dark. It could cost Barrow several thousands of pounds for extra lighting at a time when they need every penny they can get for new lights. Where is the sense or reason behind that?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#15 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Do the clubs get paid for hosting televised games?

Edited by GeordieTownie, 26 November 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Do the clubs get paid for hosting televised games?

I think last year Premier Sports asked people subscribing to their package to nominate a club and £10 out people's annual subscription went to the nominated clubs.but I don't think there was a match fee.

#17 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

I think last year Premier Sports asked people subscribing to their package to nominate a club and £10 out people's annual subscription went to the nominated clubs.but I don't think there was a match fee.

Every club last season got a tv fee. Every club got the same amount because of lack of people through the gates when it was televised Dont know what the figure was though. But heard this season the bigger clubs will get a bigger pay out than the so called small clubs as they expect the big clubs to be televised more than the small clubs with the NRC and play offs don't know how true this is but been told by quite a lot of people so their must be some truth in it.

#18 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Have to agree H4E, this will have a massive impact on the attendance , it will probably cost Town well over 10k in lost revenue.

#19 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,685 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Have to agree H4E, this will have a massive impact on the attendance , it will probably cost Town well over 10k in lost revenue.

It may well keep some people away but don't forget it is on Premier Sports and they don't have as many subscribers as Sky. As long as it isn't allowed to be shown in pubs and clubs then I don't think the crowd will drop that much.

#20 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

It may well keep some people away but don't forget it is on Premier Sports and they don't have as many subscribers as Sky. As long as it isn't allowed to be shown in pubs and clubs then I don't think the crowd will drop that much.

I would like to think it wouldn't Keith but I bet there are loads of floating Town fans who would come on a Good Friday as they tend to see it as part of a bank hols day out on the drink. Thursday night just won't have that appeal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users