TV Date

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

keith don't understand what you mean not allowed to be shown in clubs or pubs,if they subscibe they can show it.Sunny hill,shiprights,whittington cat all show prem sports in whitehaven and no doubt there will be similar in workington, both haven games last seson were on in pubs in the town,i cant see how they can block them showing it just because the game is local to their area.I see the date for the game is still Friday even though its on TV,so given there will be 2 SL games on in the afternoon i would say that the kick off is likely to be in the evening( cant see the police being happy) and as such pubs will have it on and i think keep a lot from attending .This is the down side of TV games and it always seems to be games that would normally be the clubs biggest pay days and clubs are not properly compensated

Edited by haven4ever, 27 November 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#22 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

It won't be on Good Friday night, uppies and downies kicks off then.
Don't think the police could cope

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Lets just put a good telly show on for once and really showcase ourselves . We haven't done ourselves justice before . Lets really sell our side .

#24 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

It won't be on Good Friday night, uppies and downies kicks off then.
Don't think the police could cope

forgot about that cant see prem sports wanting to go up againsy SL games on TV so may end up being thursday

#25 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

keith don't understand what you mean not allowed to be shown in clubs or pubs,if they subscibe they can show it.Sunny hill,shiprights,whittington cat all show prem sports in whitehaven and no doubt there will be similar in workington, both haven games last seson were on in pubs in the town,i cant see how they can block them showing it just because the game is local to their area.I see the date for the game is still Friday even though its on TV,so given there will be 2 SL games on in the afternoon i would say that the kick off is likely to be in the evening( cant see the police being happy) and as such pubs will have it on and i think keep a lot from attending .This is the down side of TV games and it always seems to be games that would normally be the clubs biggest pay days and clubs are not properly compensated

I was thinking that pubs and clubs would have to have a licence similar to they need to show Sky sports for public viewing. If they don't then there is a problem as you say. A year or two ago Sky did a purge and a local man got billed in to the hundreds of pounds for using his Sky box and card at his caravan instead of his home address.

I'm sure that last season Premier Sports showed Dewsbury versus Batley on Good Friday with a 1pm kick-off and they showed the Welsh derby match on Easter Monday.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#26 Townvic

Townvic
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

So have we had any confirmation as to whether it is Thursday night or Friday. Have to say I'm hoping for Friday
STILL Keeping the Faith in more ways than one...though others may fall away.... Oh yes I am

Posted Image

#27 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

It is on the friday they havnt confirmed the time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users