Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

FTSE 100 Capita added to Sponsor list for Capita(l) Challenge!

Jan 11th 2 pm

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Capita Announced as Additional Sponsor For The 2013 Capital Challenge

23rd November 2012

The club are delighted to announce an additional sponsor for the 9th annual Capital Challenge match between Skolars and London Broncos, to be played on 11 January 2013. Joining Exchange Traded Product (ETP) provider Boost ETP and NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes will be Capita, a leading provider of investment and banking services.

The Capital Challenge, sponsored by Boost ETP, Capita and NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes, will be held in the grounds of the Honourable Artillery Company (HAC), in the heart of the City of London.

Commenting on the latest Capital Challenge sponsorship agreement London Skolars General Manager Howard Kramer said “having recently secured Boost ETP and NASDAQ OMX as Capital Challenge sponsors we are delighted to welcome a third prestigious name to the event. Capita, a leading provider of investment and financial solutions to individuals, financial institutions and corporates is a worthy sponsor of the Capital Challenge. Having secured rugby legend Jason Robinson OBE as guest speaker and with the added attraction of the Rugby League World Cup trophy on show it promises to be a fantastic event”

Mark Hodgson, Managing Director of Capita commented “Capita are delighted to be sponsoring such a superb event and would like to wish both teams good luck in the annual Capital Challenge on the 11thJanuary 2013”

Details of the Capital Challenge can be found by clicking here. Information on the pre-match luncheon can be obtained by contacting the London Skolars offices on 020 8888 8488 or e-mail info@skolarsrl.com.

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#2 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,169 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Skolars continue to impress.

Although fair play, I s'pose Broncos had some small hand in this.

*hides*

#3 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 973 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Any reason why these city companies can't sponsor The Broncos or Skolars on a more permanent basis??

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,405 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Any reason why these city companies can't sponsor The Broncos or Skolars on a more permanent basis??

If they're impressed and enthused by the occasion, that may well happen. Fingers crossed...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,999 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Perhaps they might like what they see and perhaps lead to something else? Companies like this have historically avoided RL like the plague, so its early days. But who knows?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,357 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Capita Announced as Additional Sponsor For The 2013 Capital Challenge

23rd November 2012
The club are delighted to announce an additional sponsor for the 9th annual Capital Challenge match between Skolars and London Broncos, to be played on 11 January 2013. Joining Exchange Traded Product (ETP) provider Boost ETP and NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes will be Capita, a leading provider of investment and banking services.
The Capital Challenge, sponsored by Boost ETP, Capita and NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes, will be held in the grounds of the Honourable Artillery Company (HAC), in the heart of the City of London.
Commenting on the latest Capital Challenge sponsorship agreement London Skolars General Manager Howard Kramer said “having recently secured Boost ETP and NASDAQ OMX as Capital Challenge sponsors we are delighted to welcome a third prestigious name to the event. Capita, a leading provider of investment and financial solutions to individuals, financial institutions and corporates is a worthy sponsor of the Capital Challenge. Having secured rugby legend Jason Robinson OBE as guest speaker and with the added attraction of the Rugby League World Cup trophy on show it promises to be a fantastic event”
Mark Hodgson, Managing Director of Capita commented “Capita are delighted to be sponsoring such a superb event and would like to wish both teams good luck in the annual Capital Challenge on the 11thJanuary 2013”
Details of the Capital Challenge can be found by clicking here. Information on the pre-match luncheon can be obtained by contacting the London Skolars offices on 020 8888 8488 or e-mail info@skolarsrl.com.

Embiggened
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,405 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Perhaps they might like what they see and perhaps lead to something else? Companies like this have historically avoided RL like the plague, so its early days. But who knows?

The fact that this sort of company is getting involved at any level is a very promising change, so this can only* be seen as a positive. I remember reading (possibly in RLW) that the right-wing pressure group 'Aims for Industry' had leaned on some potential sponsors for the 2000 RWC and persuaded them to say no to sponsoring the tournament.

*unless you're a Rugby League fan, naturally. ;)

Edited by Futtocks, 26 November 2012 - 02:26 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,999 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

The fact that this sort of company is getting involved at any level is a very promising change, so this can only* be seen as a positive. I remember reading (possibly in RLW) that the right-wing pressure group 'Aims for Industry' had leaned on some potential sponsors for the 2000 RWC and persuaded them to say no to sponsoring the tournament.

Not heard this story, who are/were this bunch?

#9 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

The old boys/business/RU connection is still alive and kicking then. Damn disgusting.It s one thing to choose not to sponsor RL, it s completely outside the pale to actively disuade others from doing so. The threat of lawsuits if we dare to use Rugby World Cup to describe out tournament is in similar vein.

#10 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,405 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Not heard this story, who are/were this bunch?

A bunch of old-school management and Conservative party bigwigs, extremely pro-free enterprise and deregulation. They were founded around the time of WWII, but I don't know if they are still extant or, if so, influential.

#11 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

part of the deal with all 3 is kit sponsorhip

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#12 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Why do people make up,and then write such utter garbage.

#13 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 973 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

part of the deal with all 3 is kit sponsorhip

Is that ongoing through the season or just for this event?

#14 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,999 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Why do people make up,and then write such utter garbage.

:unsure: which bit??

#15 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

The 'Aims for Industry' nonsense from Futtocks.

#16 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,999 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hmmm someone mentions them and you appear denying they exist. Very sinister.

I know a conspiracy when I see it. You were probably behind 9/11 and the Moon landings too....

#17 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Indeed,I think I read something,somewhere,back in the year 2000,but I definately know who it was and I definately know who they are and they definately wanted to ruin the World Cup! Not a tad left leaning by any chance,perhaps a member of Rotherham Borough Council !

#18 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 973 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hmmm someone mentions them and you appear denying they exist. Very sinister.

I know a conspiracy when I see it. You were probably behind 9/11 and the Moon landings too....

Don't tell anyone but he's also a shape shifting lizard.

#19 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,405 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

That's just what I read in (I'm pretty sure) RLW, and decided to post on here, as it had some relevance. Various members of AfI included Conservative party treasurer Sir Nigel Mobbs and Sir John Hall, who used to own Newcastle United FC.

This is a while back so I don't recall all the details, but the eventual sponsor, Lincoln Financial Group allegedly received suggestions that sponsoring Rugby League wasn't quite the thing.

#20 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,999 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Lincoln did seem to suddenly pull out. oo-er madam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users