Photo
- - - - -

FTSE 100 Capita added to Sponsor list for Capita(l) Challenge!

Jan 11th 2 pm

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,610 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Is it these people

or these people?

#22 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Lincoln didn't pull out/disappear,they went bust!

Its coming back to me know,there was a world wide press conference called and when asked what their primary purpose in life was by John Humpheys,they definately said they wanted to stop the Rugby League World Cup,it was on BBC and the Financial Times and everywhere.

#23 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,610 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Curiouser and curiouser The 2000 Rugby League World Cup (known officially as the Lincoln 2000 World Cup due to sponsorship from Lincoln Financial Group...The millennium World Cup attracted a record sponsorship of over £1 million from Lincoln Financial Group, who had also sponsored Great Britain's Tests against New Zealand the previous autumn.

#24 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Is that ongoing through the season or just for this event?

all season and hopefully beyond.

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#25 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,343 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Lincoln didn't pull out/disappear,they went bust!

Its coming back to me know,there was a world wide press conference called and when asked what their primary purpose in life was by John Humpheys,they definately said they wanted to stop the Rugby League World Cup,it was on BBC and the Financial Times and everywhere.

When you say 'went bust', you mean 'went bust' of course.

#26 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

all season and hopefully beyond.

How comes the Broncos or Skolars for that matter have yet to formally announced anything?

#27 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,610 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Apologies for the topic drift.

This sponsorship is excellent news and shows what can be achieved if you try,

#28 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Brilliant names to have tagged alongside the world of RL

The two markets might be a bit off piste so to speak but NASDAQ is a big name by anyone's reckoning - here's hopeing they get the FTSE to sponsor them next year!

Capita are a massive company in the world of finance, they have fingers in all sorts of pies and I hope they and the markets see some real benefit and RL can work its way up the sponsorship food chain

#29 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

How comes the Broncos or Skolars for that matter have yet to formally announced anything?

Maybe they'll do it at the capital challenge? Season launch and all that?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#30 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

about what?

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#31 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Skolars continue to impress.

Although fair play, I s'pose Broncos had some small hand in this.

*hides*

I'd guess this will be down to IM2's connections and the appearance of Jason Robinson.

#32 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,560 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Curiouser and curiouser The 2000 Rugby League World Cup (known officially as the Lincoln 2000 World Cup due to sponsorship from Lincoln Financial Group...The millennium World Cup attracted a record sponsorship of over £1 million from Lincoln Financial Group, who had also sponsored Great Britain's Tests against New Zealand the previous autumn.

Just to clarify (and then we can get back to the excellent news that this thread is actually about), they didn't pull out, but it was suggested to them that they should.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#33 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

With regard to the "conspiracy". The story is in "Rugby's Class War" by David Hincliffe. My recollection is that it was a deal with Coca-cola in 1996.
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#34 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Great news about the sponsorship. The capital challenge is taking on a character of its own it seems and turning into quite an event.

Shows what can be achieved if we stick with things long enough to actually give them a chance, not to mention some support.

#35 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Great news about the sponsorship. The capital challenge is taking on a character of its own it seems and turning into quite an event.

Shows what can be achieved if we stick with things long enough to actually give them a chance, not to mention some support.

It would seem to be the perfect opportunity for the management of both clubs to do some serious networking with financial giants and maybe get sone extra investment in their various clubs.

#36 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

It's quickly become one of my favourite rugby league events, and one that I now make a weekend of each year. Great location - quite unlike anything else in the game. Such a unique venue. Where else can you watch rugby league surrounded by skyscrapers (sort of) and artillery?

Thoroughly looking forward to Jan 11th. Lunch with old friends at my favourite pub, followed by the game and a night out in Clerkenwell and Islington.
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#37 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

It's quickly become one of my favourite rugby league events, and one that I now make a weekend of each year. Great location - quite unlike anything else in the game. Such a unique venue. Where else can you watch rugby league surrounded by skyscrapers (sort of) and artillery?

Thoroughly looking forward to Jan 11th. Lunch with old friends at my favourite pub, followed by the game and a night out in Clerkenwell and Islington.

Amen to all of that. Been three or four years in a row now and the event keeps on getting better, as do the crowds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users