2013 Season

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Although the season is only just over does any one know when the fixtures are out

and when will the draw for the challenge cup be made for the premier league teams?

#2 warrior2

warrior2
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

Bump

Does any one know when the fixtures are out ?

Edited by warrior2, 28 December 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#3 cheesecretary

cheesecretary
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Delegates Meeting Monday 14 Jan - fixtures due in draft then
Season Starts Sat 2 March
Next round cup weekend 9/10 March not too sure when draw date is as yet

#4 warrior2

warrior2
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Delegates Meeting Monday 14 Jan - fixtures due in draft then
Season Starts Sat 2 March
Next round cup weekend 9/10 March not too sure when draw date is as yet

Cheers Cheese

#5 The Assassin

The Assassin
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Heard the Draw is 18th Jan
Is he having a laugh?, are you having a laugh?

#6 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Draft fixtures for Prem and Div 1 and 2 are ready for delegates meeting on 14th , subject to at the AGM immediately before clubs accepting the Management 's universal recommendation that Eastmoor and Heworth be re-elected into membership - hopefully no problems there.

Management meet on 7th Jan to finalize their recommendations on the Blackbrook and Woolston applications. Clubs ( including the already voted in new ones ) will all then be e mailed with those recommendations for them to consult with their committees prior to a vote at the delegates meeting on 14th. Draft fixtures for 3rd Div will be issued within 7 days thereafter.....

Looking forward to an exceptional 2013 season........

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Draft fixtures for Prem and Div 1 and 2 are ready for delegates meeting on 14th , subject to at the AGM immediately before clubs accepting the Management 's universal recommendation that Eastmoor and Heworth be re-elected into membership - hopefully no problems there.

Management meet on 7th Jan to finalize their recommendations on the Blackbrook and Woolston applications. Clubs ( including the already voted in new ones ) will all then be e mailed with those recommendations for them to consult with their committees prior to a vote at the delegates meeting on 14th. Draft fixtures for 3rd Div will be issued within 7 days thereafter.....

Looking forward to an exceptional 2013 season........

Would seem daft not to re-elect the two Yorkshire clubs with the RFL push to summer rugby IMO.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#8 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Plus the addition of another division means the NCL needs to keep the existing clubs. From memory New Earswick All Blacks are the only team not re elected but certainly recently it's been a formality

#9 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Plus the addition of another division means the NCL needs to keep the existing clubs. From memory New Earswick All Blacks are the only team not re elected but certainly recently it's been a formality

Formality or not it remains a decision for the members.

Marauder is quite correct. Regardless of the push to summer , it remains obvious that these two superb clubs should continue to be part of the flagship competition.

My personal hope is that the NCL will set off in 2013 with a full 50 clubs - the biggest , tightest and best comp that the Community game can offer , with shared attitudes and a camaraderie that only those clubs inside the pail would ever understand....

#10 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Just a pity you cant participate in the Community calender group or is your aim to be bigger than the communiy game Peter ;)

#11 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Just a pity you cant participate in the Community calender group or is your aim to be bigger than the communiy game Peter ;)

Happy New Year Taxi Egg

Sorry I missed you at CCG but 3 rugby meetings in a week is a bit hard for me at this time of year. Maybe a weak spot ? :unsure: . That said Andy H , who after all writes the calendar ,also sits on the NCL management and assured me that everything was running smoothly from a general position and an NCL one in particular. Hopefully i'll be told of any issues and I will see you at the next one if not before..

And as for aims Taxi Egg, nice try , but mine is simply to increase the importance and relevance of the Amateur game ( sorry for swearing ) and especially the NCL within R L as a whole. Other people ( including our friends at Barla ) have had that job in the past and failed :- NCL Management are I think doing a reasonable job at the moment on that front , but , hey , it's election time again on 14th January so the clubs can boot us all out if they want.... :) :) :)

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Happy New Year Taxi Egg

Sorry I missed you at CCG but 3 rugby meetings in a week is a bit hard for me at this time of year. Maybe a weak spot ? :unsure: . That said Andy H , who after all writes the calendar ,also sits on the NCL management and assured me that everything was running smoothly from a general position and an NCL one in particular. Hopefully i'll be told of any issues and I will see you at the next one if not before..

And as for aims Taxi Egg, nice try , but mine is simply to increase the importance and relevance of the Amateur game ( sorry for swearing ) and especially the NCL within R L as a whole. Other people ( including our friends at Barla ) have had that job in the past and failed :- NCL Management are I think doing a reasonable job at the moment on that front , but , hey , it's election time again on 14th January so the clubs can boot us all out if they want.... :) :) :)

How did BARLA fail in increasing the importance and relevance of the amateur game (Was you not once a member of the BARLA comittee)

#13 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

How did BARLA fail in increasing the importance and relevance of the amateur game (Was you not once a member of the BARLA comittee)

By leaving a Leadership void after re-unification in 2004 that others over time have had to fill.....To be honest the high point for Barla was the mid 90's immediately before the Packer / Murdock war - the NCL took advantage of that aggression , Barla had little idea....

The next RFL Council will see Barla's representation down from 3 to 1 , whilst other Community Reps take direct positions to cover their own areas of influence. This follows the Watkin's Review on Governance.....

Sorry reading perhaps Marauder but you're a military man and when the Colours fall they have to be picked up and carried forward by those still standing....

Whether that represents a failure by Barla to advance the Amateur cause or not I'll leave to others......

But the fight remains the same.......

#14 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

By leaving a Leadership void after re-unification in 2004 that others over time have had to fill.....To be honest the high point for Barla was the mid 90's immediately before the Packer / Murdock war - the NCL took advantage of that aggression , Barla had little idea....

The next RFL Council will see Barla's representation down from 3 to 1 , whilst other Community Reps take direct positions to cover their own areas of influence. This follows the Watkin's Review on Governance.....

Sorry reading perhaps Marauder but you're a military man and when the Colours fall they have to be picked up and carried forward by those still standing....

Whether that represents a failure by Barla to advance the Amateur cause or not I'll leave to others......

But the fight remains the same.......

Yes and when the colours fall the next man picks them up & not do a Benidict, BARLA only have 1 on the community board don't they? where the RFL seem to have many including members of the board bing independant (whats that all about) we also have a tier4 rep (how did he get the gig when BARLA have more actual playes/teams)

#15 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Yes and when the colours fall the next man picks them up & not do a Benidict, BARLA only have 1 on the community board don't they? where the RFL seem to have many including members of the board bing independant (whats that all about) we also have a tier4 rep (how did he get the gig when BARLA have more actual playes/teams)

BARLA and tier 4 are about the same size at open age now. If anything tier 4 is bigger

Edited by bowes, 30 December 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#16 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Martin Coyd , ex Royal Engineers reps Tier 4. With David Hinchcliffe and others he helped break down the Forces ban on RL. He drives the Medway Dragons in the South .Maybe that's why he got the 'Gig '........Head to head him if you want......he's a seriously tough nut

Independent Board members are just that - look at it as non ex directors in a company assuming wider views than those with entirely vested interests.......standard practice for most organisations.

Benedict? Give me a break..... Arnold never hit the front line..... and certainly never carried the flag I've not lost the colours so far and don't intend to... Times change Marauder but that doesn't mean the amateurs are being out manouvered or being ignored within the new processes.........

#17 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

All the best to you Peter and by the way Martin in a pussy cat ;)

Your right about the Barla Board they have failed to grasp the implications of the genesis agreement and have stood still and let the modern game go by, thats the point i,m making have you seen an opportunity to build and expand the NCL to become if you like the New Barla so to speak ?

#18 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

I think the NCL's minimum criteria prevent it from ever being an organisation for the whole amateur game.

#19 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

BARLA and tier 4 are about the same size at open age now. If anything tier 4 is bigger

Tier 4 is bigger than BARLA is the most ridiculous pseudo fact you have ever made.
Bear in mind, tier 4 includes BARLA teams as does tier 3. You persistently muddying the waters with your one-liners does not aid amateur RL one jot. You're a clown

#20 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

All the best to you Peter and by the way Martin in a pussy cat ;)

Your right about the Barla Board they have failed to grasp the implications of the genesis agreement and have stood still and let the modern game go by, thats the point i,m making have you seen an opportunity to build and expand the NCL to become if you like the New Barla so to speak ?

Thanks Mate

We've never not been on the same song sheet

Let's all see how 2013 rolls out..........

And you can call Martin a pussy to his face if you really want...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users