salfurd Roughyeds

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 roughyed

roughyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

This new coach with the Salford connection who is paying him,is it Salford it's no coincidence that he was at Salford he is at Oldham with one eye on Salford.C.H has sold a once proud club in its own right and let us be a play thing for a struggling super league club who have major financial problems which is the one thing the 2 clubs have in common.The driving force behind this stupid partnership is that Oldham won't have to pay wages to Salford players.Its a very sad day not a new era as C H would have us believe the club has lost it's identity and no second hand stand can get that back.

#22 DingDong

DingDong
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Suppose it's best to wait and see what the fineprint says!!

#23 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Theres alot of talk of players coming from Salford to Oldham, but it also works the other way round.
Could you imagine someone like Dally having a real stormer of a season for Oldham, only for Salford to call him up at the business end of the season. No matter what clause is in place, they will always find a loophole. Or if Oldham refuse the loan, restrict the players ambition to play in SL, you have one unhappy employee on your hands. The link up is a kick in the nuts for every player that has donned the colors of our club, and a smack in the nose for the fans.

#24 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

This new coach with the Salford connection who is paying him,is it Salford it's no coincidence that he was at Salford he is at Oldham with one eye on Salford.C.H has sold a once proud club in its own right and let us be a play thing for a struggling super league club who have major financial problems which is the one thing the 2 clubs have in common.The driving force behind this stupid partnership is that Oldham won't have to pay wages to Salford players.Its a very sad day not a new era as C H would have us believe the club has lost it's identity and no second hand stand can get that back.

You are dead right here, what happens when they go into recievership, mind you they will be bailed out by the RFL like every other Super Duper League Club.
Salford have probably thrown in a couple of turnstiles has well as the stand to sweeten the deal for CH.

He should be tarred and feathered for agreeing to this deal.

Will the Oldham Reds shirts be out for Christmas with the new marketing arrangement.

#25 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Suppose it's best to wait and see what the fineprint says!!

Yeh because CH always shares that kind of stuff with the fans......at least something has made me laugh today!!

#26 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

What are the actual negatives people are seeing in this deal?

Salford are not a great SL team so that’s a real negative.
Team could be disrupted by up to 6 players coming in and out of the squad. Not great but any different to the loans from Leeds?
What are the others? (real, not mythical feelings).

Edited by Bedford Roughyed, 27 November 2012 - 04:47 PM.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#27 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

What are the actual negatives people are seeing in this deal?

Salford are not a great SL team so that’s a real negative.
Team could be disrupted by up to 6 players coming in and out of the squad. Not great but any different to the loans from Leeds?
What are the others? (real, not mythical feelings).

Loss of identity.
Potential to lose top performers in the other direction.
Restriction of pathway for Oldham junior players.
Absolutely no chance of ever returning to SL.
I am sure there are more and will post them when I think of them.

#28 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

There is too much negativity here!

Why not wait and see how everything pans out before over-reacting. We all knew it was on the cards and we can't afford to be left behind and after all, none of the 'secret millionaires' on here, have come forward with an offer of help to the Club in any way. In an ideal world none of us would want this sort of arrangement, but an deal world it is not, so we have to accept change and see how things go next season.

#29 OldhamGal

OldhamGal
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

How are other C1 clubs/fans responding to link ups? What if it had been a top 4 club?

Ain't it funny how you think you're gonna be OK
Till you remember things are never gonna be the same again?
Ain't it crazy how you think you've got your whole life planned
Just to find that it was never ever in your hands?

My Facebook :)

#30 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

There is too much negativity here!

Why not wait and see how everything pans out before over-reacting. We all knew it was on the cards and we can't afford to be left behind and after all, none of the 'secret millionaires' on here, have come forward with an offer of help to the Club in any way. In an ideal world none of us would want this sort of arrangement, but an deal world it is not, so we have to accept change and see how things go next season.

That's where you are wrong Logic, we don't have to accept it.

#31 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

1. Loss of identity.
2. Potential to lose top performers in the other direction.
3. Restriction of pathway for Oldham junior players.
4. Absolutely no chance of ever returning to SL.

1. You are still Oldham, you will be allowed to play one more loan player than you were allowed to play last year. One.

2. That happened anyway. The best players will always end up in SuperLeague.

3. The pathway for young Oldham players is still there, and now goes all the way to the top.

4. With respect, did they ever have a chance of returning to SuperLeague?
Posted Image

#32 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

1. You are still Oldham, you will be allowed to play one more loan player than you were allowed to play last year. One.

2. That happened anyway. The best players will always end up in SuperLeague.

3. The pathway for young Oldham players is still there, and now goes all the way to the top.

4. With respect, did they ever have a chance of returning to SuperLeague?

Agree with 1-3.

4 - no reason why we can't. (no reason that can't be overcome, yes massive hurdles but achievable, just).
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#33 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Agree with 1-3.

4 - no reason why we can't. (no reason that can't be overcome, yes massive hurdles but achievable, just).

Oh I absolutely agree with you mate, and whats wrong with Salford helping you along the way for a few years? Say at least until Whitebank is complete...?

These partnerships won't be around forever.
Posted Image

#34 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Gav,you seem to know more about the arrangement between us and Salford :maybe what you are saying relates to some standard agreement,but our owner`s prefernce is to keep schtum .
For me it IS the end of Oldham as an autonomous club.Maybe,as someone else has said,in the end,CH had no chice.But 4 things stink:
1)CH got us in this position by keeping hold of Benson years too long.
2)He`s `done the deal` bit-by-bit without the balls to give a full picture - please dont tell me he had to keep it scret for ``reasons of confidentiality``.Choose not to believe it.
3)I bet he`s keeping his `job` with all his T & C`s ,ie money, but ok as it`s his club.
4)Both clubs are financially in the mire:how the h**l can we afford a FT coach and a (presumably) FT assistant coach,plus what CH takes out oas income or as expenses.Any money betting on some inducement cash for the RFL? Supposition.
Like many others,I`ve supported the Club for nigh on 50 years now.I`ll go but be very selective about my matches-yes,I`ll see how it pans out but for 2014 season.A real lesson on how to raise expectations (eg Scott`s letter) and then knock them dowm

#35 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Gav,you seem to know more about the arrangement between us and Salford :maybe what you are saying relates to some standard agreement,but our owner`s prefernce is to keep schtum .
For me it IS the end of Oldham as an autonomous club.Maybe,as someone else has said,in the end,CH had no chice.But 4 things stink:
1)CH got us in this position by keeping hold of Benson years too long.
2)He`s `done the deal` bit-by-bit without the balls to give a full picture - please dont tell me he had to keep it scret for ``reasons of confidentiality``.Choose not to believe it.
3)I bet he`s keeping his `job` with all his T & C`s ,ie money, but ok as it`s his club.
4)Both clubs are financially in the mire:how the h**l can we afford a FT coach and a (presumably) FT assistant coach,plus what CH takes out oas income or as expenses.Any money betting on some inducement cash for the RFL? Supposition.
Like many others,I`ve supported the Club for nigh on 50 years now.I`ll go but be very selective about my matches-yes,I`ll see how it pans out but for 2014 season.A real lesson on how to raise expectations (eg Scott`s letter) and then knock them dowm

The grumbles you have with Chris Hamilton I understand aye, and I'm not surprised you are weary about it all. I would have no idea what ulterior motive he might have.

All I'm saying is give it (the partnership) a chance, don't give up on Oldham now!
Posted Image

#36 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Facts are if we didnt take this step and stood alone,how long would we last?
Ch using us as a feeder club,I think not.
Back ORFLC now and get behind the boys :D
Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#37 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

I agree with all of you Oldham fans who don't want to be a feeder club. We have been approached by quite a few SL teams and we told them to stick it. It's just a shame the rest in our league didn't do the same. I'm in no doubt all these partnerships means you are a feeder club and the partnerships only help the SL teams and the RFL. The problem is besides us, Halifax and the eagles their Is very little ambition if any to get out of the championships and into the SL. I believe most of the teams in the champ have linked up because they are scared of being relegated but selling their souls to stay in the championship isn't the way I would go but not everyone thinks the same as me.

Edited by thundergaz, 27 November 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#38 DingDong

DingDong
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Seems to me damned if you do, damned if you don't. If we were to be getting slammed by Rochdale and Oxford throughout the season, then the knives would be even sharper. Hold on people it's a agreement that's all, not a handing over, agreements come and go all the time, no big deal I don't see any sovereignty handed over!!

#39 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

we would'nt be getting slammed buy rochdale or oxford.....have 4 or 5 super league kids is'nt going to be the difference!!

its teams with crafty pro's that get teams out of this league...not kids!

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#40 OldhamGal

OldhamGal
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hasn't the coach already picked his own team? I don't really see what this link up changes?
Ain't it funny how you think you're gonna be OK
Till you remember things are never gonna be the same again?
Ain't it crazy how you think you've got your whole life planned
Just to find that it was never ever in your hands?

My Facebook :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users