Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

salfurd Roughyeds

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

as others have said.......as much as i actually like chris for all he did restarting the club back in 1997.....he does now have a "mine,mine,mine" attitude...

and we've had a few commercial managers down the years......all have disappeared.....one i know for a fact was because of CH "involvement"

thats why i half jokingly said i give this "partnership" with salford 6 months before CH gets ###### off with someone trying to run is club in any way..lol

Edited by roughyedspud, 30 November 2012 - 02:11 PM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#82 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Is it my suspicious mind, or could the RFL have engineered the demise of the Oldham Service Area, so Salford can walk in and run it. Therefore giving them a tick in the box for development?

It's not being suspicious, its the truth.

#83 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Fair enough, was only asking...
Posted Image

#84 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Come on SC, do you think it's fair for him to be tarred with the same brush? Is Sean actually even actually a shareholder and does anyone know what does he do in terms of running the business?

I was reffering to Shaw Lads comment "Hence him being on his own running the club"
A bit insulting to Sean I think.

#85 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

As SW is not always around I would think that is input into running the club is minimal.

Its CH who runs the club and he always as.

Thats the problem.

A professional rugby club , whether part or full time is too big for one man to run.

It becomes a situation of I will run it my way with no other relevant opinion taken on board.

#86 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

As SW is not always around I would think that is input into running the club is minimal.

Its CH who runs the club and he always as.

Thats the problem.

A professional rugby club , whether part or full time is too big for one man to run.

It becomes a situation of I will run it my way with no other relevant opinion taken on board.

Chris is in the office on Lansdowne Road, which actually sits on land which is part of Lansdowne Roofing. Which happens to be Sean's company. He is not that far away if he needs to be consulted is he?

#87 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

It does not matter how far away he is if he does not put much imput into the club.

A professional sports club needs more than one full time and one when needed.

We have had since 1997 a total of 5 Directors ( 3 who have left ) We are on our 10th coach and have had a lot of changes in sponsors.

There has been a lack of stability apart from CH being there all the time.

We are , despite four finals , in the same position as when we started in 1997 ie the third tier of pro rugby.

We are in a stadium that needs a lot of work to bring it up to championship 1 standard.

Whilst others may not agree I think BP is a better option which offers us a better future.

We have not progressed very far , if at all since 1997.

The main difference is that the club has much more debt.

#88 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

does anyone know what our debt is?

OLDHAM RLFC

#89 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

does anyone know what our debt is?

Accounts should have been submitted in the summer but haven't been. Last year the debt was almost £300k.

#90 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

As if

Accounts should have been submitted in the summer but haven't been. Last year the debt was almost £300k.

Oldham rugby is still up and running,debt is not a problem :D

Edited by Robthegardener., 08 December 2012 - 06:04 PM.

Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#91 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Rob

The debt is not a problem as long as the creditors allow it to continue to trade but it does become a problem when creditors start to demand payment.

The problem is no one knows apart from the directors who the creditors are.

They may be trade creditors , loans or directors loans.

We could assume that HMRC are owed money as in the past.

Whoever the credirors are is not the point a £300k debt for a club in CH1 is one big debt and one big problem.

How many clubs outside SL are servicing a debt as big as that.

The club

#92 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

Rob

The debt is not a problem as long as the creditors allow it to continue to trade but it does become a problem when creditors start to demand payment.

The problem is no one knows apart from the directors who the creditors are.

They may be trade creditors , loans or directors loans.

We could assume that HMRC are owed money as in the past.

Whoever the credirors are is not the point a £300k debt for a club in CH1 is one big debt and one big problem.

How many clubs outside SL are servicing a debt as big as that.

Ordinary folk are living beyond there means pal.Morgage,car HP,childcare,insurance etc etc etc payments,.Millions out there are living the dream too :lol:

The club

Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#93 davewd

davewd
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Post 92 stuck for words ?

#94 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

http://menmedia.co.u...ews - RSS Feed)

Given this news, how likely is it that our arrangement with Salford will continue, as they may not have a club for much longer or, if they have, they could be playing in the Championship or even our division.

Edited by RunItOffAfi, 11 December 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#95 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

http://menmedia.co.u...ews - RSS Feed)

Given this news, how likely is it that our arrangement with Salford will continue, as they may not have a club for much longer or, if they have, they could be playing in the Championship or even our division.

The problem may be that if something HAS been signed already ....then they may have preference over EVERYTHING we have .......whilst they actually have NOTHING to contribute to the deal . . . and that would be legally binding I assume
Posted Image

#96 higgy

higgy
  • 335 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Salfords old stand
Salfords old coaches
Salfords old players
What next Oldham Reds?
Count me out...I'm not watching that...it's a disgrace to the name of Oldham Rugby League football club....

What difference does this make when we were at Sheddings we had Rochdales old turnstiles and that cost us a player at least Salford haven't taken anything off us (yet).

#97 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

i don't think we have to worry about salford now.....

OLDHAM RLFC

#98 mackin89

mackin89
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

agreed i doubt we will be much concern to them, i know some fans didnt want any link from the start but i wonder how much all these troubles will impact on our potential benefits ie. medical support etc.

#99 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Had it on good authority that Salford are confident they will come through this .....

#100 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

salford and many of its fans have had their heads in the sand for years....even a couple of weeks ago there where some saying this crisis is aload of ######....

they may well come through this...but they won't be in super league....and i doubt they'll even be at their shiny new stadium...

even john wilkinson is still going on about investors being found in the next week

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/20698051

he lives in dreamworld

Edited by roughyedspud, 15 December 2012 - 08:23 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users