Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

SPOTY

Vintage year

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

What a year for British sport. Thoroughly enjoyable programme, worth it just for Jessica Ennis in that dress.

Not a bad programme at all.

Thought the team award was a bit of a cop out - personally I'd have given it to just the British Cycling team - and having now seen his reaction with Lennox Lewis I think Andy Murray should be on every year, if only to abuse Sue Barker.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#42 Mister C

Mister C
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Some confusion over the team award

Do the terms and conditions mean Team GB should not have won? or is it in the wording?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nality/19997397

TEAM OF THE YEAR

For the team in an individual sport or sporting discipline that has achieved the most notable performance in the calendar year to date. The team should have significant UK interest or involvement.
For the avoidance of doubt this criteria excludes Team GB/Paralympics GB but includes the likes of British Cycling, Rowing Coxless Four and the European Ryder Cup team

#43 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

FFS - I'm sure some miserable f*ckers on here would moan if they won the lottery.

This forum is so far down the pan its unreal.

Thank God for the photography thread
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#44 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Some confusion over the team award

Do the terms and conditions mean Team GB should not have won? or is it in the wording?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nality/19997397

TEAM OF THE YEAR

For the team in an individual sport or sporting discipline that has achieved the most notable performance in the calendar year to date. The team should have significant UK interest or involvement.
For the avoidance of doubt this criteria excludes Team GB/Paralympics GB but includes the likes of British Cycling, Rowing Coxless Four and the European Ryder Cup team

It was decided to overturn that rule. I think, just this once, it was a decent decision.

Jess' dress was a wonderful sight indeed. Bradley Wiggins should host the damn show next year. And Lennox Lewis needs rather more rehearsal when it comes to presenting trophies.

Yes, RL got cumulative airtime totalling about 8 seconds, but there was loads to enjoy anyway. It's been a year to savour.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#45 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,664 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

It was decided to overturn that rule. I think, just this once, it was a decent decision. Yes, indeed it was.

#46 Mister C

Mister C
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

and again it seems to have upset the Ryder cup team :lol:

Edited by Mister C, 17 December 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#47 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Excellent!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#48 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Really?!

They got their own sodding segment the dreary whiners.
- Severus, July 2012

#49 Mister C

Mister C
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Excellent!

in all fairness it was brilliant watching poulters charge again!

#50 Mister C

Mister C
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Really?!

They got their own sodding segment the dreary whiners.

i think it was just a few fans tbh reading a few re-tweets...!

#51 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

oh FFS
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#52 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

i think it was just a few fans tbh reading a few re-tweets...!

I draw strength from Woosnam's bitterness.

It's like nectar to me.
- Severus, July 2012

#53 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

so a few people wish the Ryder cup team had won and it gets sensationalised on the TotalRL forum - what a shock

There really are some right miserable b*stards on here nowadays - it's pathetic.

Posted Image

#54 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

so a few people wish the Ryder cup team had won and it gets sensationalised on the TotalRL forum - what a shock

There really are some right miserable b*stards on here nowadays - it's pathetic.

Nothing miserable about it - it's cheered me right up! :D

#55 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

You're just a little ray of sunshine though aren't you?!
- Severus, July 2012

#56 Mister C

Mister C
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Fortunately next time golfers will be part of Team GB!

#57 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

The main downer was too much* of Emilie Sandé's aimless nasal emoting. Other than that, a very enjoyable evening's viewing - much better than usual.

*any

#58 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Interesting use of the word 'fortunately. And anyway, they'll complain about any non-Golfing Olympic stars being included in the party that accepts the trophy. ;)

#59 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm going to moan about that too - but not because I think golf shouldn't be in the Olympics. I'd just rather that if it was that it would be in the format of team competition rather than yet another go for individual honours. And I believe they've basically just gone for individuals having solo rounds.

Also, to those moaning about our 8 seconds - did you notice how very little coverage club rugby union got and how England's win over the All Blacks was covered in a sentence?

And I don't think those moaning about Martine Wright getting the Rollason award did rugby league many favours.

(I'll find some more moans later.)
- Severus, July 2012

#60 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,843 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

From Twitter, 9 hours ago: @LennoxLewis - Just now received my official cue to hand Andy Murray trophy but everyone's now gone. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users