TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

SPOTY

Vintage year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#61 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Speculative article in the Telegraph about the 2013 awards includes the following:

Sam Tomkins, Odds: 100/1
While rugby league remains a fringe sport in most of the country, a win for England in the rugby league World Cup on home soil next year would be a feat to rival any, and would see the entire game, and entire swathes of the north of England, uniting around the star man. At the moment, that could be veteran Kevin Sinfield or exciting young Wigan fullback Tomkins, a star of his own sport and beginning to attract some admirers in the world of union too.

The bit in bold showing exactly how much the author knows about Rugby League. ;)

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#62 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Sweary, but funny. B)

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#63 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

I like how RL fans are now so down on the game that they can't even be arsed to argue that we deserved some coverage for this season.

I also like Kenny's tantrum.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#64 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

so a few people wish the Ryder cup team had won and it gets sensationalised on the TotalRL forum - what a shock

There really are some right miserable b*stards on here nowadays - it's pathetic.

Weren't you on a golf course when I phoned you last?

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#65 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

I like how RL fans are now so down on the game that they can't even be arsed to argue that we deserved some coverage for this season.

I think it was expected, in this of all years. There was so much Olympic and Paralympic stuff to cover, a lot of sports got dealt with rather briefly.

#66 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Much bitching and whining on twitter, from indignant golfoids who can't understand why they don't get all the awards every year. :D

#67 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Weren't you on a golf course when I phoned you last?

I was indeed yes
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#68 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

I also like Kenny's tantrum.

you would - you're another one of the "try to be controversial as possible to look hilarious" gang
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#69 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

you would - you're another one of the "try to be controversial as possible to look hilarious" gang

I think we need a catchier title.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.