CC presenter?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Claire Balding managed to get a plug in for us today on BBC Breakfast.
She was praising the quality of this years nominees for SPOTY. "In any other year the likes of Kevin Sinfield who has been massive for Rugby League this year would have been short listed"
It's not much but every little bit of publicity helps.
How about Claire to present the Challenge Cup?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#2 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

If you read this months Forty-20 magazine, you'll see that she has confirmed recently that she can no longer present RL on the BBC due to her C4 racing commitments, which is a massive shame.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

If you read this months Forty-20 magazine, you'll see that she has confirmed recently that she can no longer present RL on the BBC due to her C4 racing commitments, which is a massive shame.

I think he meant how about Clare presenting the Trophy at the Final.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

Perhaps, and I'd probably agree if that is the case. In my defense, the thread subtitle of "CC Presenter" doesn't exactly make it clear.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#5 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 657 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

She was praising the quality of this years nominees for SPOTY. "In any other year the likes of Kevin Sinfield who has been massive for Rugby League this year would have been short listed"

Would like to see her present the trophy, a high profile personality who lets everyone know how much she enjoys the game, may also help persaud the BBC to make it higher profile.

Have seen her on Wembley way interacting with the fans for the television cameras and she seems to get on well so this may be a popular decision. Far better than a politician or such like that few have any idea who they are.
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#6 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Perhaps, and I'd probably agree if that is the case. In my defense, the thread subtitle of "CC Presenter" doesn't exactly make it clear.

Agh yes! I see the ambiguity. I meant present the trophy not front the programme.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#7 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Agh yes! I see the ambiguity. I meant present the trophy not front the programme.

No harm done - a super idea in that case!
SQL Honours

#8 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Sinfield and Personality are not words you would expect to be used in the same sentence!

#9 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

After St Helens won the team trophy a few years ago the BBC changed the rules of voting so that Rugby League could never achieve such distinction in the future.

#10 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Sinfield and Personality are not words you would expect to be used in the same sentence!

That's the case for many of the contenders and winners of the award in the past. It is a misnomer really.

#11 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,288 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

That's the case for many of the contenders and winners of the award in the past. It is a misnomer really.

Its worded that way so they can award it somebody who has won nowt.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#12 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

After St Helens won the team trophy a few years ago the BBC changed the rules of voting so that Rugby League could never achieve such distinction in the future.

How did they manage to do that? What did they change?
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#13 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

They changed the team award so it was voted for by a selection of experts rather than a public vote - although in fairness I guess a selection of experts had to nominate Saints in the first place.

Edited by Amber Avenger, 27 November 2012 - 03:51 PM.

SQL Honours

#14 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

How did they manage to do that? What did they change?

The "UK" team category that year was decided by a phone poll - now it isn't.

Apparently the captain of a "European" team was a bit miffed to be beaten into 3rd place by a "UK" Rugby League team and a "UK" cricket team.
Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#15 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

The "UK" team category that year was decided by a phone poll - now it isn't.

Apparently the captain of a "European" team was a bit miffed to be beaten into 3rd place by a "UK" Rugby League team and a "UK" cricket team.

How does the change stop a Rugby League team from winning it?
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#16 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Come on, Nigel Mansell has won it!

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#17 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

She's a good lass!
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#18 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

How does the change stop a Rugby League team from winning it?

Because the "experts" who select the list of contenders are themselves selected by the BBC and we all know how much the BBC loves Rugby League.................................................................................................stand by to eat my words when the Bulls win team of the year for their resilience in the face of extreme adversity! If only I was an "expert"

#19 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Not the point.There are many previous winners who were devoid of personality
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#20 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users