Oldham /Salford

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
835 replies to this topic

#261 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

The door will be opened if you have the right password. The password is not "open sesame", nor is it "please". It used to be "We've got more points than the others," but it is now something like "We've got better finances, a better junior set up, a better stadium and a better business plan."

Admittedly, we can nit-pick about whether Salford's business plan is actually better than Featherstone's, but that misses the point, which is to convince the people who open the door that it is.

But that's what's wrong with it IMO. It shouldn't be on who's got a bigger stadium etc. Widnes going up was a joke along with the crusaders. Widnes never finished above 4th in our league but got promoted because of their Stobart deal shocking if you ask me it should be on the field performances alone.

#262 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

But that's what's wrong with it IMO. It shouldn't be on who's got a bigger stadium etc. Widnes going up was a joke along with the crusaders. Widnes never finished above 4th in our league but got promoted because of their Stobart deal shocking if you ask me it should be on the field performances alone.

Their Stobart deal? Do you wear a tin foil hat too?
Posted Image

#263 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Their Stobart deal? Do you wear a tin foil hat too?

Gav they had some input into that I'm in no doubt about that. That's one of the reasons they were given the go ahead not because they had 1.5 k crowds like us.

#264 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Not true we have produced some great youngsters over the years and if I remember rightly fev, Cas and wakey at one stage produced all the best young talent.

Wake up, it's 2012.

In 1983 Featherstone won the Challenge cup with all but one player being local.

By 1995 they were poised to get to Wembley but fell to Leeds with only ONE local player in the side.

What clubs used to do they don't do now.

Big successful clubs like Wigan and Leeds who have been promoting local junior RL and developing players can pick a whole first XV11 of local born professional players.

Your area need a big successful club to do the same - believe me they can.

But Fev can't whistle down the pit for players anymore, it's 2012 not 1967.

Wakefield produces less top pros than London yet you say London are failures.

Cas are deadly skint.

What I say is true.

The trick you pulled was to say it was NOT true YEARS AGO.

#265 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Gav they had some input into that I'm in no doubt about that. That's one of the reasons they were given the go ahead not because they had 1.5 k crowds like us.

Thats too much conspiracy nonsense for me, I don't even know where to begin. In fact your thoughts on the game in general are quite concerning. I'm out.

Best of luck at Featherstone for 2013, you just have too much made-up crazyness for me to cope with, sorry.
Posted Image

#266 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Wake up, it's 2012.

In 1983 Featherstone won the Challenge cup with all but one player being local.

By 1995 they were poised to get to Wembley but fell to Leeds with only ONE local player in the side.

What clubs used to do they don't do now.

Big successful clubs like Wigan and Leeds who have been promoting local junior RL and developing players can pick a whole first XV11 of local born professional players.

Your area need a big successful club to do the same - believe me they can.

But Fev can't whistle down the pit for players anymore, it's 2012 not 1967.

Wakefield produces less top pros than London yet you say London are failures.

Cas are deadly skint.

What I say is true.

The trick you pulled was to say it was NOT true YEARS AGO.

We have produced some good young players since SL started and I know we have one of the best academy's about at the minute. We have some great youngsters at the minute and when they break into the first team I bet a lot more get snapped up too unless we are in the big league at the time.

#267 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Widnes going up was a joke

Steve O'Connor is a millionaire putting his money where his mouth is and trying to get Widnes back to what they were in living memory - the world champions. I was there that night.

You want a good laugh??

Put a championship club in SL without a private investor.

#268 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Thats too much conspiracy nonsense for me, I don't even know where to begin. In fact your thoughts on the game in general are quite concerning. I'm out.

Best of luck at Featherstone for 2013, you just have too much made-up crazyness for me to cope with, sorry.

Gav I agree their Is no facts or stats to the statement but why did they get the nod? They haven't got anything we haven't.

#269 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

I know we have one of the best academy's about at the minute. We have some great youngsters at the minute and when they break into the first team I bet a lot more get snapped up.

Well you've produced ONE.

So stick to facts not optimistic predictions and the one you produced high tailed it to Leeds.

#270 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Steve O'Connor is a millionaire putting his money where his mouth is and trying to get Widnes back to what they were in living memory - the world champions. I was there that night.

You want a good laugh??

Put a championship club in SL without a private investor.

Ok then we have got a big backer should we get in automatically then?

#271 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Well you've produced ONE.

So stick to facts not optimistic predictions and the one you produced high tailed it to Leeds.

One? One that made it internationally but quite a lot that haven't too.Also the one you are on about is arguably one of the best full backs in SL.

Edited by thundergaz, 29 November 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#272 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

I understand your viewpoint, but on-field performances alone won't work. Decent finances are crucial. Break the bank to gain promotion and the next season you are doomed. The gap is too big. The world has changed. SL is full-time pro.

I know some of the SL clubs have 'dodgy' finances, but that is down to shoddy application of the regulations, not the regulations themselves.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#273 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

The door will be opened if you have the right password.

Now there's a fact.

Hudgell and O'Connor whispered "money" in the ear of the licensing commitee

Peel Holdings are set to whisper the same.

#274 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

I understand your viewpoint, but on-field performances alone won't work. Decent finances are crucial. Break the bank to gain promotion and the next season you are doomed. The gap is too big. The world has changed. SL is full-time pro.

I know some of the SL clubs have 'dodgy' finances, but that is down to shoddy application of the regulations, not the regulations themselves.

I agree their is a big trap door for financial failure. But shouldn't P and R come back if they find a way to make it financially safe?

#275 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Ok then we have got a big backer should we get in automatically then?

YES YES YES YES YES 1,000 TIMES YES GAZ.

Then what you do is scout round skint Cas's junior clubs and outbid Wakey for the best in their area, and watch your academy churn out a first XV11 to rival Wigan and Leeds.

There are 22 pros from Leeds in SL 20 from Wigan and 22 from your region. so it can be done

Go out and get 'em Gaz, keep 'em and show Superleague you can do it.

Make sure you crush Wakey and Cas into oblivion, ensure you object to both being in Superleague in those two tips they play out of, if either get a good player buy them off them, once you get rid of them out of SL you can set about attracting each new generation of fan in the Calder area to Featherstone Rovers.

The ONLY SL gig in the biggest and strongest RL region in the northern hempishere.

In time a new ground on all that land you have???

Go for it man.....

Edited by The Parksider, 29 November 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#276 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

YES YES YES YES YES 1,000 TIMES YES GAZ.

Then what you do is scout round skint Cas's junior clubs and outbid Wakey for the best in their area, and watch your academy churn out a first XV11 to rival Wigan and Leeds.

There are 22 pros from Leeds in SL 20 from Wigan and 22 from your region. so it can be done

Go out and get 'em Gaz, keep 'em and show Superleague you can do it.

Make sure you crush Wakey and Cas into oblivion, ensure you object to both being in Superleague in those two tips they play out of, if either get a good player buy them off them, once you get rid of them out of SL you can set about attracting each new generation of fan in the Calder area to Featherstone Rovers.

The ONLY SL gig in the biggest and strongest RL region in the northern hempishere.

In time a new ground on all that land you have???

Go for it man.....

The ground is being updated as we speak. I wish it was as easy as you put it though. As most of us at our place believe no matter how much money we have or what we do we will never get in.

#277 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

One? One that made it internationally but quite a lot that haven't too.

And all who bu&&ered off.

Hopefully the penny will drop with my last post to you.

#278 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,990 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

The ground is being updated as we speak. I wish it was as easy as you put it though. As most of us at our place believe no matter how much money we have or what we do we will never get in.

GAZ for goodness sake.

Why is Superleague in a mess.

Because Cas have no money

Because Wakefield had no money

Because Bradford have no money

etc etc etc etc.

Why are London in SL with 2,000 crowds

Because they HAVE money.......

#279 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Gav I agree their Is no facts or stats to the statement but why did they get the nod? They haven't got anything we haven't.

Crowds, turnover, fully functioning & well established player pathway and ready cash to name but 4. Like it or not(& im in the not category) they were the criteria in place.

Edit: there was the ground/capacity too.

Edited by intheshed, 29 November 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#280 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

GAZ for goodness sake.

Why is Superleague in a mess.

Because Cas have no money

Because Wakefield had no money

Because Bradford have no money

etc etc etc etc.

Why are London in SL with 2,000 crowds

Because they HAVE money.......

Ok got your point so if you have money you get on if you don't you get chucked on one side unless the RFL bail you out. Got your point i will leave it at that. Just a side note though if Oldham go bust would the RFL bail them out? I doubt it big time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users