Bookmakers

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 258 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Whilst I wouldn't normally want to bet against Fev, the fourth favourites at 10-1 in the list below would be interesting...we wouldn't be worrying so much about dual reg if they were involved mind...

http://www.oddscheck...lar-season-only

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

you both may well be right that leigh may be a bit big at 6/1 on my list but i believe that the main challengers will be sheffield who are a great each way bet at 10/1 with skybet . i dont fancy halifax but you cannot discount them and i dont think there will be a lot between the four behind fev .

For me, a fully fit Leigh team, with pace all over the park, will be our main challengers. Sheffield and Batley will continue to make nuisances of themselves and have able coaches who can cause upsets.
Fax have gone backwards for me.
The great variable we can't 'factor in' is what impact the dual reg system will have on the league. We all have our opinions but we won't know the reality until well into the season when injuries start to bite!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Went into my local bookies today and tried to back us for the league he would only give me 4-7 so I asked what about if we win it by so many points and he gave me the odds for each point we win it by and I nearly fainted if we win it by 9 points he would only give me 5-4. He said all the bookies see us as bankers a better bet than Man U winning the premiership. Do bookies really know our game or do they just come up with these silly odds? I also asked if I give Leigh 4 start what odds could I get he said 1-4 I walked away laughing.

#24 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

We are 6/5 to win the League with Sky Bet which seems decent to me. The only thing putting me off is the length of time the money would be tied up for. Hopefully there'll be some value on our NRC odds.

Edited by Monkeymagic22, 30 January 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#25 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

We are 6/5 to win the League with Sky Bet which seems decent to me. The only thing putting me off is the length of time the money would be tied up for. Hopefully there'll be some value on our NRC odds.

Thanks for that just took them odds. They sent me an e-mail for me to back the treble. I sent one back saying do you know our record in finals 😄😄😄😄

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users