Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

walne signed

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

1 cameron
2 calvert
3 mcavoy
4 jjp
5 A saint
6 rooney
7 southernwood
8 houghton
9 newton
10 pora
11 doran
12 A saint
13 palmer

Thats my team if you give a sh-t

#42 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

well palmer wil be in it :rolleyes:

wow you got an unproven amateur over town. congratulations. must be the high point of the last 2 years for you. we obviously wont mention us getting the best hooker around over you because that would be just childish wouldnt it?
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#43 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

wow you got an unproven amateur over town. congratulations. must be the high point of the last 2 years for you. we obviously wont mention us getting the best hooker around over you because that would be just childish wouldnt it?

oh so when we sign one of the best prospects there unproven, but you sign callum phillips coming back from a knee reconstruction and hes a world beater.

Edited by haven4ever, 30 November 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#44 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

1 cameron
2 calvert
3 mcavoy
4 jjp
5 A saint
6 rooney
7 southernwood
8 houghton
9 newton
10 pora
11 doran
12 A saint
13 palmer

Thats my team if you give a sh-t

Wow, impressed you've picked 4 Cumbrians over all the other superstars you've signed........ :rolleyes:
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

We get good amateurs , they're after them to . They'll make their choices . Can't win em all , just get your share . Noones proven until tried but from what we've seen the cream of the crop are more than talented enough to hold their own . Minimal risk to me , so much raw talent round here . Keep trawling . Lets add another batch to the investment we've made in Dan and Brett .

Edited by DavidM, 30 November 2012 - 03:25 PM.

#46 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

oh so when we sign one of the best prospects there unproven, but you sign callum phillips coming back from a knee reconstruction and hes a world beater.

coming from a bunch of fans who said thacks was past it when we signed him, stack is overrated,our backs are poor and our hooker couldnt wait to sign for the worst team in cumbria. is matty palmer proven? nope. so how can you argue with what i said.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#47 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

ive got to admit DUCKY that team puts the fear of god up us and playing with no subs on the bench now they are something special or his A SAINT ON THE SUBS BENCH AS WELL SOME PLAYER HIM.

#48 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

I don't recall anyone on here saying that Callum Phillips was a world beater, haven4ever. He is just as unproven at Championship level as young Palmer, who I must say I am sorry to see that he decided to sign for Haven instead of Town, and I hope he doesn't have the Bewsher experience. We were fortunate when we signed Brett Phillips and Dan Rooney that they were able to have a good run in Championship 1 and they will reap that benefit this year in the Championship.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#49 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,000 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

well palmer wil be in it :rolleyes:

This time last year Haven beat us to the signature of another Egremont player, Peter Bewsher.

How did that work out for you ?

#50 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Care to show us the posts where we said he was a world beater?

#51 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

H4E get over it you're like a kid, Casablanca shot you down and gave the facts, if Towns preference is to play in Jan then that's their prerogative but as he told you they had not said a def no to any date. Give the blubbering a rest for a while ffs!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#52 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

http://www.totalrl.c...allum-phillips/
if palmer has signed for town ther would have been a thread full of comments like this

instead he has signed for haven and he is unproven

#53 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

if palmer has signed for town ther would have been a thread full of comments like this

Not one of those posts claimed he was a world beater, but he has the potential to become a very good pro, just like his brother.....
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

#54 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

H4E get over it you're like a kid, Casablanca shot you down and gave the facts, if Towns preference is to play in Jan then that's their prerogative but as he told you they had not said a def no to any date. Give the blubbering a rest for a while ffs!

we shall see

#55 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

What exactly are you looking for haven4ever? No-one has tried to rubbish young Palmer, who Cato89, who see him play regularly, says on here that he is an excellent player, etc, etc, but it was said that he is unproven, which is correct, he is unproven in the pro ranks. If he had signed for Town, you are quite right, we would all have been saying he was a good signing for Town just the same as we did for young Callum Phillips.

If we had posted anything suggesting that young Palmer was rubbish I could understand you being indignant but that hasn't happened and it seems you are trying to find something that isn't there.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#56 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

were is your team H4E come tell us or are you at a loss for names. Well have a look at donalds team A SAINT can fill your gaps.

#57 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

If we had posted anything suggesting that young Palmer was rubbish I could understand you being indignant but that hasn't happened and it seems you are trying to find something that isn't there.

And Boxer is now calling us all "deluded" on here..... I wonder where he got that phrase from. :rolleyes:

#58 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

So h4e, where in that thread dis someone say he was A world beater?

W better be careful now lads, he might go crying to the mods again "those big boys are picking on me again".

#59 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

The Haven lot are delusional if they think Town fans have started slating Matty Palmer since he signed for Haven. He would have been a good signing for Town, shame we missed out on him.

#60 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

The Haven lot are delusional

Should have just stopped there.