TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

walne signed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

#81 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

Right H4E, I don't know what your intention is with your persistence to come on here and continually spout your dross..? But the fact is, you are continually making false declarations, accusations, statements - whatever way you care to dress it up. Conversations have taken place between both club representatives. You use the word REFUSAL, in reference to Town and the dates that have discussed. Just to assure you and to reiterate my previous comments, AT NO POINT HAS A REPRESENTATIVE FROM WIRKINGTON TOWN RLFC, REFUSED ANY DATE THAT HAS BEEN SUGGESTED.
What you fail to realise, is that both clubs have schedules already in place, with other commitments and agreements already being discussed.
Now then here's my advice - quit your attempts to come on here and stir things up, get your facts right before you want to try throw accusations and above all else, keep your nose out of business that you clearly have no FULL knowledge of.

Just play them wether we have a team or not.....afterall we managed to beat them ( sorry, hammer them) twice last year with most of our major players missing B)

#82 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Interesting snippet at the back of the RLE ... John Kear confirms that the RFL sent him as a centrally contracted coach to PSG in 96 to keep them up and get us out , as we pretty much knew . Lovely bods Kear and the RFL .... Good luck to them ... Not.

#83 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Interesting snippet at the back of the RLE ... John Kear confirms that the RFL sent him as a centrally contracted coach to PSG in 96 to keep them up and get us out , as we pretty much knew . Lovely bods Kear and the RFL .... Good luck to them ... Not.

At the time Kear was the Head of Coaching Development at the RFL and I recall him appearing on Boots'n'All where he openly admitted that he was being sent to Paris with the sole intention of ensuring that Paris SG finished the season above Town. That season Goodfellow was sent over to help with coaching and then Lindsay and Jepson went over and became directors. Paris had squad numbers up in the 70's with that many players brought in to shore them up and the following year they packed in with £3 million worth of debt.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#84 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

And then within the next 12 months the RFL had kept all the Sky monies due to Town (as relegated teams also received a cut back then) and passed a resolution to kick them out of the RFL all together.
Those were the days.......!!