Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TRL Helpdesk - Paris

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'm heading to Paris in January with my girlfriend for a long weekend and as I've never been before (apart from a direct visit to Disneyland Paris a few years back) I was hoping that the good folk of TRL would be able to give me some advice.

I am only there for 3 nights, so don't want a completely packed agenda, I'm looking forward to sitting enjoying coffee and pastries people watching in the morning and a glass of wine or two later in the evening.

The main area I need some help with is restaurants - I'd like to book a couple of nice places in advance, one for lunch and one for a nice night out. I'd rather not pay an absolute fortune, but similarly I'm not looking for low-budget or chain restaurants.

We are staying in the Montparnasse area, so any recommendations or hidden gems would be much appreciated!

Any other must-see's would be appreciated too.

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Have a look back through AOB mate, l'angelo asked the very same question and there was stacks of advice offered.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Have a look back through AOB mate, l'angelo asked the very same question and there was stacks of advice offered.

Thanks mate - just seen the thread you've bumped! Strange that I missed it over the last few weeks!

#4 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 7,958 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Thanks mate - just seen the thread you've bumped! Strange that I missed it over the last few weeks!

More importantly, how long have you and L'angelo been an item?
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

:D

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Can't believe how naive I was. :D

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,152 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

:wub:

:lol: :lol:

#8 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

:wub:

:lol: :lol:

And who sleeps in the wet patch?

Or is l'ang careful not to spill his cocoa?

LUNEW.jpg

#9 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Just been recommended a cheapish restaurant in the Montmartre district, Restaurant Chartier:

http://www.bouillon-...om/index.php/en

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users