TRL Helpdesk - Paris

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,732 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'm heading to Paris in January with my girlfriend for a long weekend and as I've never been before (apart from a direct visit to Disneyland Paris a few years back) I was hoping that the good folk of TRL would be able to give me some advice.

I am only there for 3 nights, so don't want a completely packed agenda, I'm looking forward to sitting enjoying coffee and pastries people watching in the morning and a glass of wine or two later in the evening.

The main area I need some help with is restaurants - I'd like to book a couple of nice places in advance, one for lunch and one for a nice night out. I'd rather not pay an absolute fortune, but similarly I'm not looking for low-budget or chain restaurants.

We are staying in the Montparnasse area, so any recommendations or hidden gems would be much appreciated!

Any other must-see's would be appreciated too.

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Have a look back through AOB mate, l'angelo asked the very same question and there was stacks of advice offered.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,732 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Have a look back through AOB mate, l'angelo asked the very same question and there was stacks of advice offered.

Thanks mate - just seen the thread you've bumped! Strange that I missed it over the last few weeks!

#4 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,122 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Thanks mate - just seen the thread you've bumped! Strange that I missed it over the last few weeks!

More importantly, how long have you and L'angelo been an item?
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,845 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

:D

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Can't believe how naive I was. :D

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#7 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,732 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

:wub:

:lol: :lol:

#8 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

:wub:

:lol: :lol:

And who sleeps in the wet patch?

Or is l'ang careful not to spill his cocoa?

LUNEW.jpg

#9 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Just been recommended a cheapish restaurant in the Montmartre district, Restaurant Chartier:

http://www.bouillon-...om/index.php/en

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users