Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What are the RFL trying to do?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm like bouncing ball rooster...lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#22 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

The RFL have already comented with suprise Keith. All I will say is your article lessens any chance of going back to the RFL cap in hand when things go bad.

Have they reacted Mike....where at ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#23 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Not me mate...it's the other one...lol

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#24 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

I am unsure who wrote this article but I trust it was not a member of the BOD. The RFL hand out substantial amounts to clubs each year to be used wisely on the likes of training Doctors and improvements to the ground. If the £100k had been raised during 2012 that had been announced at the AGM then the 2013 hand out from the RFL could have been used to pay for the Floodlights.
Due to the failure to raise funds in 2012 the club was again facing certain trouble and yet again the RFL stepped in and assisted (otherwise we would not have a club). So knocking the RFL publicly for fixtures is one thing but we cannot knock them for not helping the club financially. We have 9 months to raise £100k and the time for idle talk has gone. Lets hope the BOD are ALL proactive and start giving a regular update of how much of the required £100k has been raised each month. Otherwise some may be sat with red faces in 9 months time saying "were did it all go wrong".

The club can ill aford another 9 months of raising diddly squat.

Were you not on the interim board for part of 2012 Neil. And then part of the board as a financial person.
You keep harping on about ALL the BOD doing their bit. If your not part of the BOD now, where you getting all your info from. How do you know whose doing what ???
My point is. If the club failed to raise funds in 2012. Were you not part of it !!
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#25 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Were you not on the interim board for part of 2012 Neil. And then part of the board as a financial person.
You keep harping on about ALL the BOD doing their bit. If your not part of the BOD now, where you getting all your info from. How do you know whose doing what ???
My point is. If the club failed to raise funds in 2012. Were you not part of it !!

this will be good

#26 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Gary
To answer your questions
No I was not on the Board of Directors after the AGM in 2011
I was asked to assist the Board as the Cheif Financial Officer, My role was to continue with the financial forecast/buisness plan and to ensure accountability on spenditure.
I also carried out the research for the floodlights and grants for the floodlights at a time when it was desperatly needed to gain promotion
My information on the grants applications is on the web site.
The club did fail to raise the required funds during 2012 and I and one other sourced a temporary fix to the problem.

As you are very much aware Gary part of my investigations into the clubs finaces during 2011 involved getting the club back up and running as a buisness, any buisness requires accounatbility and to be run correctly which also involves stock takes and price reviews.

Maybe you would like to explain why you were dead against stock takes being carried out on the Raiders bar ?

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#27 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Gary
To answer your questions
No I was not on the Board of Directors after the AGM in 2011
I was asked to assist the Board as the Cheif Financial Officer, My role was to continue with the financial forecast/buisness plan and to ensure accountability on spenditure.
I also carried out the research for the floodlights and grants for the floodlights at a time when it was desperatly needed to gain promotion
My information on the grants applications is on the web site.
The club did fail to raise the required funds during 2012 and I and one other sourced a temporary fix to the problem.

As you are very much aware Gary part of my investigations into the clubs finaces during 2011 involved getting the club back up and running as a buisness, any buisness requires accounatbility and to be run correctly which also involves stock takes and price reviews.

Maybe you would like to explain why you were dead against stock takes being carried out on the Raiders bar ?

I'm sorry Neil. Are you accusing me of some wrong doing in the bar.
For your information, I wasn't against stock takes. I was against them taking place without me there seen as I was responsible for the stock.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#28 nick beach

nick beach
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

think the pair of you need to give it a rest! your like little school girls bickering at each other

quite frankly its embarrassing

#29 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

think the pair of you need to give it a rest! your like little school girls bickering at each other

quite frankly its embarrassing

;) but then you would have nothing to read Nick

#30 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Dads harder than your Dad.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#31 nick beach

nick beach
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

;) but then you would have nothing to read Nick

but theres a time and a place for this stuff and i dont think its 'this' public forum! and yes it is compelling reading :D

#32 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Nice to read stuff from you again Nick. Why do we not see you playingt for the mighty Raiders anymore.. Surely you haven't gone back to goal keeping. LOL

Posted Image

#33 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Getting back on topic...we did say to the RFL when we applied for promotion that should a televised game occur where floodlights are required barrow raiders would supply temporary lighting. So how can we complain when they are only expecting barrow raiders to act on their word.
I think Keith's reaction was a knee jerk one that when he has sat down and thought about what has been said it would illicit an apology to the RFL for dragging this through the papers and into the public domain.

Edited by soss, 30 November 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#34 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Err, just a bit of a change to the Raiders Quiz night agenda on Saturday.............

We will also be showing the Freddie Flintoff v Richard Dawson fight but more importantly on the undercard is Gaz Livesey V Neil Martin

Oh..free beer :lol:
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#35 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

:lol: nice one :lol:

question for the quiz " what do you call a creature that burys its head in the sand " :wacko:

#36 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

:lol: nice one :lol:

question for the quiz " what do you call a creature that burys its head in the sand " :wacko:

Not sure but I think it starts with a D.