Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NFL Playbook on iPad app, Could the SL clubs do similar?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

A new app for iPad means the 500 page playbook, training films & Match replays etc can all be downloaded to individual players iPads, Could this work for the Superleague clubs?

Could it be adapted for SL/NRL

http://espn.go.com/b...-over-playbooks

(Further Americanisation of our game, or technological advancement of training usage? Up to how it's used)
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#2 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

complex Apps such as this one cost an absolute fortune - same as anything, if the sport had the money then yes of course it could be adapted
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#3 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,351 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Very interesting. I'm not sure RL clubs give their players 500 page books about moves and tactics though.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#4 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

i've got quite into watching the NFL over the last year or so.. not so much because of the game itself, though it can be enjoyable without all the stoppages, but mostly due to the way the NFL package the whole thing. Its always very very impressive.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#5 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Its not as high tech as the NFL app but I can highly recommend the Rugby League Coaching Manual (RLCM), its not cheap, but the articles always used to be decent (and no doubt still are!) and it comes with a stack of resources in the form of back issues and DVDs with drills on etc.

#6 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,576 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Wouldn't mind seeing an amateur coaches app. Just simple things, like squad selection, hit ups, tackles, try/goal scorers, etc. Good for clubs to be able to save them and then chart each player's progress.
Surely that would be fairly cheap to produce seeing as it's only recording a few stats?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users