RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

bit of a pickle

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

was made redundant last month just after i got my membership sorted now got a new job but in my contract i have to work most sundays as that is when the week starts at my new job ???? so will miss a fair few matches which will kill me !!!! think its time to look for a better job because like our lass always says the bloody rovers come first don't they

#2 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Let us know what area you are looking for and maybe we can help you find another job which enables you to get to see Fev on Sundays.

#3 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Let us know what area you are looking for and maybe we can help you find another job which enables you to get to see Fev on Sundays.

If there are any jobs going in our area let me know. My grandson has been to Aussie and back looking for permanent work. He gets a part time job now and then in the building trade and is also qualified as a personal fitness trainer. He watches Rovers when he can. I was talking to a bloke the other day who had lost his job and he said that the job situation would be a lot better if a law was past that all employees should be paid the statuary mimimum wage. This would stop immigrating cheap labour. God knows what next year will bring when all the poor of Eastern Europe are allowed in. Chaos will surely abound.

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

I was talking to a bloke the other day who had lost his job and he said that the job situation would be a lot better if a law was past that all employees should be paid the statuary mimimum wage.

The statutory minimum wage or at least the statutory minimum wage ? :mellow:

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

The statutory minimum wage or at least the statutory minimum wage ? :mellow:

Had just got back from holiday. Bloody frozen and tired out from travelling. Just wanted to help our kid, if not I would have waited. If you are not careful I will put a spell on you. Then you will be a mini Griff.

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Just wondered if you were advocating enforcement of existing legislation or a reduction in pay for well paid folk.

Nothing sinister in it at all.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#7 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

If there are any jobs going in our area let me know. My grandson has been to Aussie and back looking for permanent work. He gets a part time job now and then in the building trade and is also qualified as a personal fitness trainer. He watches Rovers when he can. I was talking to a bloke the other day who had lost his job and he said that the job situation would be a lot better if a law was past that all employees should be paid the statuary mimimum wage. This would stop immigrating cheap labour. God knows what next year will bring when all the poor of Eastern Europe are allowed in. Chaos will surely abound.

Kick these employment agencies into touch. Like leeches feeding off humanity.

#8 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

A fair few companies don't like to do their own recruitment nowadays though, too much of a minefield for potential claims for discrimination of one sort or another. They prefer to leave it to experts, who can carry the can in the case of a claim. Much like subcontracting for any other part of business.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#9 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Agreed, boss of an agency rolls up in a BMW to talk to workers who can't afford to feed their family because of an 'admin error' which is 'out of their hands'. ####.

Cummins Out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users