Twinning clubs

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Just heard from a friend that the teams that haven't linked up with a SL club can only loan players next season no dual regs according to the RFL. So all the teams with ambition are being punished another joke coming from the RFL. So if you don't do what they say they make you pay. I know this probably won't effect us I just think it's 100 % wrong in every way.

Edited by thundergaz, 29 November 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#2 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Surely not much difference between a loan and a dual registration.

Pretty happy with our team, I wouldn't worry.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#3 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

I could be wrong chris but these days I think a loaned player will be a player with no chance of 1st team rugby at their club and a DR player will be just on the brink of the 1st team. I agree though unless we get 10 big injuries this wont effect us this season as are squad is the biggest and one of the best I've seen in years on paper just hope they transfer it to the pitch im sure they will though.

Edited by thundergaz, 29 November 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#4 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

but that's not the point Chris.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#5 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

End to dual reg = good.

Just got to get rid of the partnerships now then its happy days.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

End to dual reg = good.

Just got to get rid of the partnerships now then its happy days.

If the RFL and SL get their own way it won't be long till the partnerships will be over and they will become B teams of the SL club.

#7 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Just heard from a friend that the teams that haven't linked up with a SL club can only loan players next season no dual regs according to the RFL. So all the teams with ambition are being punished another joke coming from the RFL. So if you don't do what they say they make you pay. I know this probably won't effect us I just think it's 100 % wrong in every way.

Well there's a surprise for you. Despite being a twinned club seems Leigh are not Gaz. :lol: despite what you did not beLEIGHve.. :lol:

#8 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Well there's a surprise for you. Despite being a twinned club seems Leigh are not Gaz. :lol: despite what you did not beLEIGHve.. :lol:

I bet your glad too frank. I am just wish the rest had done the same as us you and fax.

#9 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Correct mate. Twinning is episode two of what the RFL guys think is good for our game.

I'd shoot em. They are so braindead it's not true.

I feel sorry for fans of clubs who have had to go down this route.

When I was a young lad I have watched my team beat and lose to the best.

Genuine RL fans despair of the decisions and directives coming out of the mouths of the guys sitting at the top table of the RFL.

#10 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Judging by what we witnessed last season, how many Super League fringe players are going to be good enough to walk into the Fev, Fax & Leigh teams from Day one? Andy Ellis was a good example, it took him a good few matches to fit into the team, then he was recalled. I'm glad we've got him full-time now, but last season his loan spell did us more harm than good, and I have a feeling many clubs using Dual Reg players will suffer the same fate.

#11 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Been looking and reading about this new approach to junior development.... and all I can think of is that its gonna end up in tears.

These clubs are having their hands tied tighter and tighter each year, and it may work well for them, but its the players that will suffer i fear.

Im glad were not allowed the privilege of DR players.

Cummins Out.

#12 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

Sorry to but in on your forum guys. Just to say that I'm with you on this. The Raiders board have stated that they have no intention of going down the 'twiinning' route and I for one would welcome that statement. I would seriously consider boycotting our games if they were to change their stance on this. No good will come of 'twinning' for the junior partner, ever. Rovers and 'Fax are right to stand away from this folly. It can only help their future application for Super League status.

Looking forwards to our games with you this year. Go easy on us new boys please. :)

Regards.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#13 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Interesting thread this.........I think we (Raiders) are the only one of the 'lesser' teams in the Championship who havnt twinned ? It may come back to bite us in the ass who knows but lets wait and see !

Shame we couldnt have twinned with a club with powerful floodlights we couldve dual registered them for the season lol

Lee

Edited by morty, 30 November 2012 - 07:50 AM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

End to dual reg = good.

Completely agree. Loans are good enough.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Why do you want to DR players ? :mellow:

#16 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

i think this has already created a them and us situation. what next from the rfl, twinned clubs 3 points for a win , independent clubs 2 points.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#17 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Why do you want to DR players ? :mellow:

not the point. rules should apply across the board. this is another one we will have dificulty justifying to followers of other sports
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#18 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

not the point. rules should apply across the board. this is another one we will have dificulty justifying to followers of other sports

They do.

The rule is (apparently - and I've only read it here) that only "twinned" clubs can have DR players.

Thundergaz appears to want part of the rule but not the rest.

Not that he wants DR players anyway (quite rightly). So what's the problem? :mellow:

#19 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

i think this has already created a them and us situation. what next from the rfl, twinned clubs 3 points for a win , independent clubs 2 points.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Possible, obviously ...... :mellow:

#20 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Been looking and reading about this new approach to junior development.... and all I can think of is that its gonna end up in tears.

Of course it will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users