Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Twinning clubs

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

It's a scandal that the RFL won't let you do something you don't want to do.

Is it just about wanting to moan about how everyone's against Fev ? :lol:

which official of fev, fax or barrow has said they will not use dual reg. (thundergaz is not a fev official)
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#42 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I think this is where the spin and lack of information comes in. As I understand it the rule will be a maximum of 5 DR or loan players in the 17 players selected for any game but no overall limit on the number of players who are dual registered.

Unless there is a also a change to the loan rules I'm not convinced SL clubs will seek to get fringe 1st teamers game time via the loan system, I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure loans currently don't permit recall within the first month.

I based my understanding of 5 DR players plus loanees on an article in the RL Express (8th October2012) written by Tim Carson when he says, "Championship clubs partnered with Super League clubs will not, however,be prevented from recruiting players on loan from elsewhere at the top level".

I am reading that as an addition to the 5 DR players not included in the total of 5. It does need clarification and get all clubs on a level playing field but it just seems to be getting formulated on the hoof!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#43 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Posted Image

Edited by petesmithfan, 30 November 2012 - 09:44 PM.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#44 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Griff how do you know we don't want any DR players? Like old rover says I can only speak for myself I don't know if DP or the BOD would want to bring any in. I just presumed with us using all the salary cap up it wouldn't be possible unless we released someone. Also you say it's a choice not a rule I disagree so your saying if you sell your soul to the devil you get privileges if you don't you don't get any? Not much of a choice realy is it?

#45 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Griff how do you know we don't want any DR players? Like old rover says I can only speak for myself I don't know if DP or the BOD would want to bring any in. I just presumed with us using all the salary cap up it wouldn't be possible unless we released someone. Also you say it's a choice not a rule I disagree so your saying if you sell your soul to the devil you get privileges if you don't you don't get any? Not much of a choice realy is it?

If you start using emotive phrases like 'sell your soul to the devil' then you undermine your own argument straight away. Also, I am surprised you do not know what your coach and board of directors want as you seem to know what the RFL and SL (E) know, their motives and their intended outcomes.

#46 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

If you start using emotive phrases like 'sell your soul to the devil' then you undermine your own argument straight away. Also, I am surprised you do not know what your coach and board of directors want as you seem to know what the RFL and SL (E) know, their motives and their intended outcomes.

The RFL don't care about our league or the league below if you think twinning is the way to go and it's best for your club then fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I for one would not watch featherstone rovers again if we became a feeder club like yourselves. I would rather be in CC1 fighting relegation than sign up to the twinning situation. I also acknowledge that not everyone will think the same way I do but I do believe the twinning situation is a slow and painfull death for the club you've always loved.

Edited by thundergaz, 30 November 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#47 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

I think we should twin with Cas... they could do with some of our fringe players.

So the new rules are that you can only get dual reg players from your parent club? I dont see a problem in that case... were not twinned, we dont want to be twinned, nor do we want to use dual reg players... so were not missing out.

Standing alone will have its costs... this is a small cost really.

Cummins Out.

#48 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

The RFL don't care about our league or the league below if you think twinning is the way to go and it's best for your club then fair enough everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I for one would not watch featherstone rovers again if we became a feeder club like yourselves. I would rather be in CC1 fighting relegation than sign up to the twinning situation. I also acknowledge that not everyone will think the same way I do but I do believe the twinning situation is a slow and painfull death for the club you've always loved.

Here, here.

Edited by topchef, 01 December 2012 - 07:23 AM.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#49 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

TG - and oldrover for that matter - come on. This forum is full of anti-DR, anti-twinning, Fevwillalwaysbeindependent posts. <_<

The reality is - if you really do want a DR player, twin up until he goes back, then end the agreement. What is the problem ? :huh: Twinning isn't necessarily forever.

But ..... loans are better. ^_^
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#50 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

So the new rules are that you can only get dual reg players from your parent club? I dont see a problem in that case... were not twinned, we dont want to be twinned, nor do we want to use dual reg players... so were not missing out..

The Voice of Common Sense. ^_^

#51 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Posted Image

I don't feel the need to apologise for it. <_<

#52 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

The reality is - if you really do want a DR player, twin up until he goes back, then end the agreement.

so, you are saying all the feeder clubs can send DR players back and end the agreement at any time. can you really see the rfl standing for that. where did you get that info from
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#53 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

so, you are saying all the feeder clubs can send DR players back and end the agreement at any time. can you really see the rfl standing for that. where did you get that info from

Any club can end any agreement with sufficient notice.
Posted Image

#54 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Any club can end any agreement with sufficient notice.

thank you
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#55 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

...with sufficient notice.

And that means? A week? A month? 6 months? A year?

And since you're obviously well up on this issue can you point me in the direction of the OFFICIAL RFL statement on the rules and regulations of 'twinning'?

#56 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

And that means? A week? A month? 6 months? A year?

And since you're obviously well up on this issue can you point me in the direction of the OFFICIAL RFL statement on the rules and regulations of 'twinning'?

I'm sure the notice period will be individually negotiated for each partnership, the inference that there is any notice period for Championship clubs is interesting though. To date all the Champs clubs have publicly insisted that they have no obligations whatsoever, why would you need a notice period on a deal which places no obligation upon you??

#57 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Are we twinning or feeding? Stop changing terminology to suite! I thought you had stopped watching Featherstone Rovers for a much more trivial reason than this anyway.

Please remember that none of 'us' have any say in the decision making that goes on at our clubs, so please stop telling me and others what the RFL and SLE believe.

#58 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Are we twinning or feeding? Stop changing terminology to suite! I thought you had stopped watching Featherstone Rovers for a much more trivial reason than this anyway.

Please remember that none of 'us' have any say in the decision making that goes on at our clubs, so please stop telling me and others what the RFL and SLE believe.

One answer FEEDING you are the SL clubs toy.

#59 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

One answer FEEDING you are the SL clubs toy.

Oh ok, you seem remarkably well informed of the whole situation as I previously said. And Toy? Explain please.

#60 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Oh ok, you seem remarkably well informed of the whole situation as I previously said. And Toy? Explain please.

I've seen Batley's version of the arrangement and the perceived benefits which in JK's opinion will make their partnership the envy of others but strangely I've not seen any statement from Huddersfield about what's in it for them. Why are they providing Batley with expensive private health care, employing extra medical staff, providing expertise on several fronts and offering extensive use of their facilities if they have absolutely no control over team selection? As I said, what's in it for them? It all seems one way and hardly typical of SL's attitude towards the Championship.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users