Twinning clubs

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

so, you are saying all the feeder clubs can send DR players back and end the agreement at any time. can you really see the rfl standing for that. where did you get that info from

The only input the RFL have is the rules for DR, which wasn't possible until recently. You had to be registered at one club or another. So, yes, they'll stand for it as it's nothing to do with them. It's an agreement between the clubs involved. Apart from the registration regulations referred to, there are no rules.

Notice period ? Up to the clubs .... but at the end of the day, what business wants an unwilling partner ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#62 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

I've seen Batley's version of the arrangement and the perceived benefits which in JK's opinion will make their partnership the envy of others but strangely I've not seen any statement from Huddersfield about what's in it for them. Why are they providing Batley with expensive private health care, employing extra medical staff, providing expertise on several fronts and offering extensive use of their facilities if they have absolutely no control over team selection? As I said, what's in it for them? It all seems one way and hardly typical of SL's attitude towards the Championship.

How patronising we all are towards the people that run our clubs. Take my own club's directors. people who grew up with the club, are supporters but also are people who have managed the club fantastically well with good sense and a keen business acumen at a time when revenue has dropped and we all agree that it is harder than ever to keep afloat. Are we now to believe that they are all walking blindfolded towards oblivion? That they have been duped by a wicked cabal of SLE and RFL directors who have only one desire, and that's to somehow control all of the championship clubs.

You eloquently listed all of the benefits of our agreement with Huddersfield and you know what? It looks pretty good. Why on earth shouldn't Batley get something good out of it? Is the Featherstone way the only way to run a club? I doubt it. As for what the Giants get out of it, I have absolutely no idea, but I trust my club's directors to do the best by my club. One thing I do believe is that the Giants made the first approach to my club, and we certainly did not go begging to any SL club.

It is universally agreed that Featherstone are doing a fantastic job and if anyone says they do not admire it then they are lying. But when the likes of Thundergaz come on here and starts talking about selling souls etc I despair, I really do.

#63 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

I've seen Batley's version of the arrangement and the perceived benefits which in JK's opinion will make their partnership the envy of others but strangely I've not seen any statement from Huddersfield about what's in it for them. Why are they providing Batley with expensive private health care, employing extra medical staff, providing expertise on several fronts and offering extensive use of their facilities if they have absolutely no control over team selection? As I said, what's in it for them? It all seems one way and hardly typical of SL's attitude towards the Championship.

Batley using private health care is due to nhs waiting list also getting seen by top doctors unavailable also huddersfield have offered to lend batley an indoor training centre if the weather gets bad. other than the gym at ground. the giants have got something out of it by using the bulldogs ground for u19's,u16's and u15's matches. also john has also said he will use the giants players if they train and show their better than we have but he could use players such as Alex Brown and James Green from Hull Kr if needed on loan or duel reg as such as walmsley and Fleming so you don't have to be a feeder club or anything to have duel reg. see fev didn't you have young briscoe on duel reg last year?

#64 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Batley using private health care is due to nhs waiting list also getting seen by top doctors unavailable also huddersfield have offered to lend batley an indoor training centre if the weather gets bad. other than the gym at ground. the giants have got something out of it by using the bulldogs ground for u19's,u16's and u15's matches. also john has also said he will use the giants players if they train and show their better than we have but he could use players such as Alex Brown and James Green from Hull Kr if needed on loan or duel reg as such as walmsley and Fleming so you don't have to be a feeder club or anything to have duel reg. see fev didn't you have young briscoe on duel reg last year?

season long loan i believe
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#65 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

season long loan i believe

That's the difference. Season long - or even shorter - loans are fine but what's the use of a player who might be called back at a moment's notice ?

#66 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

If the rules are as suggested, only able to take dr from a club you're partneted with, Walmsley wont be available to you, will he?

#67 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

If the rules are as suggested, only able to take dr from a club you're partneted with, Walmsley wont be available to you, will he?

Could go on loan.

#68 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Could go on loan.

He could, if he's nowhere near saints 1st team. Under current rules loans cant be terminated within the first 28 days so not particularly practical for fringe players.

#69 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

He could, if he's nowhere near saints 1st team. Under current rules loans cant be terminated within the first 28 days so not particularly practical for fringe players.

Not "unavailable", then.

We'll see.

#70 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Not "unavailable", then.

We'll see.

Well in the strictest sense, no but in the context I used the word, yes. I was replying to a post which spoke of Alex Walmsley returning to Batley on dual registration.

#71 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

How patronising we all are towards the people that run our clubs. Take my own club's directors. people who grew up with the club, are supporters but also are people who have managed the club fantastically well with good sense and a keen business acumen at a time when revenue has dropped and we all agree that it is harder than ever to keep afloat. Are we now to believe that they are all walking blindfolded towards oblivion? That they have been duped by a wicked cabal of SLE and RFL directors who have only one desire, and that's to somehow control all of the championship clubs.

You eloquently listed all of the benefits of our agreement with Huddersfield and you know what? It looks pretty good. Why on earth shouldn't Batley get something good out of it? Is the Featherstone way the only way to run a club? I doubt it. As for what the Giants get out of it, I have absolutely no idea, but I trust my club's directors to do the best by my club. One thing I do believe is that the Giants made the first approach to my club, and we certainly did not go begging to any SL club.

It is universally agreed that Featherstone are doing a fantastic job and if anyone says they do not admire it then they are lying. But when the likes of Thundergaz come on here and starts talking about selling souls etc I despair, I really do.

I'm not having a go I like batley but I'm just very worried for the clubs that have linked up. I don't want any champ club to go out of business etc. I agree I might be blowing it out of proportion but I just believe the RFL and SL clubs care about themselves and no one else. SL clubs are greedy where money is concerned and the RFL don't want to know when it comes to our league.i hope it works for the champ clubs but with the one sidedness that the RFL and SL clubs have attitude wise I just think it's disastrous. But that's just my opinion and i understand for most clubs it was a saving grace to them. I just think a lot of caution needs to be taken.

#72 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Well in the strictest sense, no but in the context I used the word, yes. I was replying to a post which spoke of Alex Walmsley returning to Batley on dual registration.

walmsley for the first year of his contract which was written in, is he is only aloud to go out on loan to batley.

#73 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Just asking what Huddersfield get out of the deal. that's all. Thanks for your answers
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#74 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

I just asked an innocent question about what's in it for Huddersfield, no need to go off on one. I hope it proves to be a fantastic success for Batley, one of my favourite clubs for the very reasons you state, well run by people who love the club.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#75 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

walmsley for the first year of his contract which was written in, is he is only aloud to go out on loan to batley.

That may well be the case, I don't have the knowledge to comment. I was simply pointing out that it seems, contrary to press reports at the time of his transfer and your earlier post, he will not be able to play for Batley on Dual Registration. If his only options are Saints 1st team or Batley on loan then that seems to have potentially negative ramifications for the player in terms 1st team opportunities at Saints and/or Batley in terms of his availability.

#76 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

That may well be the case, I don't have the knowledge to comment. I was simply pointing out that it seems, contrary to press reports at the time of his transfer and your earlier post, he will not be able to play for Batley on Dual Registration. If his only options are Saints 1st team or Batley on loan then that seems to have potentially negative ramifications for the player in terms 1st team opportunities at Saints and/or Batley in terms of his availability.

Whats all the fuss about?. Just stick in the top six and become the champions.

#77 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Whats all the fuss about?. Just stick in the top six and become the champions.

The season still starts in September ..... :)

#78 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Personally, I see it as a good move for the kid. He's not quite there yet and another season at Batley (or, at least, a long run) will do him a lot of good before he's ready for Saints, hopefully, in 2014.

Just my opinion, obviously.

#79 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

I just asked an innocent question about what's in it for Huddersfield, no need to go off on one. I hope it proves to be a fantastic success for Batley, one of my favourite clubs for the very reasons you state, well run by people who love the club.

Would not describe it as going off on one. Thought it was just a response. Why do people believe that clubs are giving up control of team selection? Is that the only option available to Championship clubs? Perhaps as we are all different, then perhaps we all have something different to offer clubs.

Edited by distantdog, 03 December 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#80 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

That's the difference. Season long - or even shorter - loans are fine but what's the use of a player who might be called back at a moment's notice ?

'Even shorter' would that be minimum then? 'Back' is a funny name for a player. Hope you are not tired and cold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users