Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Warrington Wolves Sign Telford Raiders Starlet

More expansion good news!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

http://www.midlandsr...raiders-starlet

Warrington Wolves have just signed Telford Raiders junior Joe Furlong.

#2 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Lets hope he can go the distance!

#3 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Great stuff and good luck to the lad - sounds like he has talent and the right attitude

#4 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Note to the naysayers. Another SL player produced from a non SL area. Oh my.

#5 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Exactly. Telford Raiders have done a fine job with their juniors, last year three of them played as full Youth internationals and they also have a number of players on scholarships elsewhere and I think a couple at Sheffield Eagles on academy. Who says you have to be northern!

#6 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Indeed, this is clearly a big lie since the MIdlands has no SL team and therefore kids don't play for Telford Raiders.

#7 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,942 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Exactly. Telford Raiders have done a fine job with their juniors, last year three of them played as full Youth internationals and they also have a number of players on scholarships elsewhere and I think a couple at Sheffield Eagles on academy. Who says you have to be northern!

You don't and I certainly have never said it.

I look forward to Telford's grass roots growth as a club, and the sponsorship and support that will bring. From that the club can grow further and obtain a ground, which the good people of Telford will fill. From that Telford can start their ascent through the CC's to Superleague.

On that day I will run naked like Schoey from posts to posts for the delight of Keighley and Northern Sol.

Good luck Telford, good luck MRL.

#8 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

I look forward to Telford's grass roots growth as a club, and the sponsorship and support that will bring. From that the club can grow further and obtain a ground, which the good people of Telford will fill. From that Telford can start their ascent through the CC's to Superleague.

On that day I will run naked like Schoey from posts to posts for the delight of Keighley and Northern Sol.

I don't think Telford have ambitions to be in Super League, but they will be moving into a brand new facility for the 2014 season, one that will guarantee them primacy of tenure on a state of the art 3G pitch and the chance to have somewhere to call "home" without being the tenant and at the mercy of a Rugby Union landlord.

There is no reason why Telford cannot become a comfortable Tier 3 Community Club in the coming years and put even deeper roots down for the game in the area.

#9 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 957 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

That M5/ M6/ M40 'triangle' is starting to look good. All Golds, Wolverhampton, Oxford, Coventry, Telford, a fairly decent coverage across the levels.

I'm sure there must be room for semi pro rugby around Stoke, after all by all accounts they like a physical game of footy at the Britannia! Maybe there needs to be an on the road game in the Potteries some time.

#10 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Be careful what you wish for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users