Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Izzy No

Folau shock

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,538 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

It looks like Izzy isn't, coming back home to RL. Despite the efforts of Eels in offering him a deal and fighting with salary cap issues it seems he's dropped a bombshell on them by saying he's no coming back anyway an instead is going to play rugby union, possibly in France. Sacre beu!

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,538 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Folau Puts Boot In

#3 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

Good,hope he gets a one way ticket. He walked out on the game two years ago (albeit legally),so why should he come crawling back now? Same with that other clown,Sonny Bill,no way should he be allowed to return after he just upped sticks and didn`t even have the courtesy to tell the Bulldogs what he was up to.
And more nonsense is about to hit the game Down Under,a lot of top players saying they want the extra money in the salary cap to be mainly given to them!! Jonathan Thurston`s been to see the Broncos for when his contract at the Cowboys expires at the end of next season,but they`ve told him to sling his greedy hook,so no doubt he`ll be knocking on the door at the Doggies next to see if they`ll have him back. Of course the players` agents are the instigators of a lot this ######,talk about parasites sucking the life blood out of the game,but I suppose everybody else around the world is doing it,so they might as well.
In the meantime,us mere mortals will have to keep on keeping on,working week to week in order to survive and somehow I think we`re all being taken for a ride.

#4 Pacific RL

Pacific RL
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Who cares what he does, in the end ya just gotta do what makes ya happy. He is only a young man with a limited amount of time as an athlete. If he can earn the type of cash some of us can only dream of, then i think good on him. He will set himself up for life and travel to places alot of people will never get to see. League officials need to get there head out of the sand and give our stars the chance to maximise there earning potential, making it more appealing and financially rewarding to play league. Best wishes and bonjour izzy

#5 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

When Izzy left Melbourne Storm it was "It's not about the money It's so I can be close to family" & that was after he put off the religious missionary ######,(sorry NOT a fan),then it was onto high paying AFL,(more money commited to the religion ?).
Now we get the RU angle & yet still no missionary season ?

Well over both the fake athlete & his chosen religion.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#6 Pacific RL

Pacific RL
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

Its Izzy's life and he can do what he think is best for him. He ain't going to stay home with mum and dad forever and religion is part of the culture for us Islanders.

#7 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

Its Izzy's life and he can do what he think is best for him. He ain't going to stay home with mum and dad forever and religion is part of the culture for us Islanders.

You're not hiis agent by any chance?

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#8 Pacific RL

Pacific RL
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

You're not hiis agent by any chance?

He'll be playing for the Warriors and Tonga if I was. :D

#9 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Its been posted on other forums so i going to post it here, ^Folau is a money grabbing grub^ I for one hope he never returns to Rugby League.

#10 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,538 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

It's a shame when good players at an early stage in their careers when they are full of potential muck and mess around searching for something better albeit for more money or satisfaction. Seems he's lost to us, but that's his choice. There's plenty of talent and emerging talent in the NRL. He'll not be missed. he's just missing out. But that's up to him.

#11 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,538 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Eels bitter about what he's done and how he's done it :

Israel Folau has committed the ultimate act of betrayal after turning his back on the NRL club that helped secure his release from the AFL to switch codes - again - and play rugby union.

I guess it's $BW & I$rael Fo£au

#12 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,538 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Folau seems to be going to RU with Waratahs.

Some revealing words coming out of Eels about Folau :

Parramatta coach Ricky Stuart spoke for the first time on Saturday about Folau's decision to back-flip on the deal.
Folau telephoned Stuart back in September to outline how miserable he was playing AFL with the GWS Giants and explain why he wanted to return to rugby league.
The former Queensland State of Origin and Test centre even went so far as to suggest his return to the NRL wasn't entirely driven by money, but a desire to play alongside his mates like Jarryd Hayne and Tim Mannah.

Stuart is now questioning Folau's ethics after the developments of the past 48 hours.
"I'd rather know today about the dishonorable (aussie spelling) characteristics of Israel than pay him all the money that we tried to secure over the past eight weeks, then find out about the way he operates," Stuart said.

Edited by G Las D, 02 December 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#13 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Yep,he`s off to ra ra with the Waratahs,so he`s gone from one dopey game to another. Still,he`ll be on good money for standing on the wing with his finger up his backside,so good on him for that. Wish I could get the same for doing nowt!

#14 Alfies Thumb

Alfies Thumb
  • Coach
  • 2,428 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yep,he`s off to ra ra with the Waratahs,so he`s gone from one dopey game to another. Still,he`ll be on good money for standing on the wing with his finger up his backside,so good on him for that. Wish I could get the same for doing nowt!

He's actually only on about $250K for the season which isn't as good as he would have commanded 2 years ago.

#15 Pacific RL

Pacific RL
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

He's actually only on about $250K for the season which isn't as good as he would have commanded 2 years ago.

The RL journos in Sydney have come out looking like punch of c*&t$ in this whole sad saga.

#16 Alfies Thumb

Alfies Thumb
  • Coach
  • 2,428 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

The RL journos in Sydney have come out looking like punch of c*&t$ in this whole sad saga.

Yep. Calling him a mercenary isn't a good look. There was no way Folau would have been able to join an NRL club this close to the start of the 2013 season without some salary cap fudging. He'll play a year for the Waratahs and get his body back into shape for rugby and then join someone in 2014. Maybe. Who knows, he might be completely disillusioned by the whole process and want to stay in rugby union.

#17 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Disillusioned? Wish I could get quarter of a mill for a six month stint of standing out on the wing trying to keep warm. But there you go,such is life,what a pity some people don`t know how lucky they are.

#18 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,359 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Who knows, he might be completely disillusioned by the whole process and want to stay in rugby union.

Dont think he is that desperate yet. He will soon realize the error of his ways where he will be lucky to receive a pass all year never mind a game in Kick and slap

#19 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,538 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Israel Folau has hit back at critics of his contract negotiations as his deal with the Waratahs was confirmed in a press conference on Tuesday.
Folau has come in for heavy criticism after turning his back on a deal to return to the NRL with Parramatta but the under fire player said he was comfortable with his decision.

Also

Waratahs CEO Jason Allen was also overjoyed by Folau's capture, trumpeting it as a huge boost for the maligned Super Rugby franchise.
“Winning Israel over to rugby union is a major boost for the HSBC Waratahs and an exciting prospect for Super Rugby fans across Australia," Allen said.
“As a player, Israel clearly has an exceptional talent but what was equally important to us was the enormous level of respect he commands from those who know him and have worked with him.

That's one way of looking at it Mr Allen.

#20 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

I think Izzy has burnt his ships and boats and anything else that floats as regards his ever returning to TGG, but thats his choice, or his managers choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users