Folau shock

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Alfies Thumb

Alfies Thumb
  • Coach
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

I think Izzy has burnt his ships and boats and anything else that floats as regards his ever returning to TGG, but thats his choice, or his managers choice.

I'm quite certain this isn't the case. If SBW can walk out on his club and then have NRL clubs clambering over each other to sign him, I think Izzy will be fine.

#22 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

HSBC Waratahs

Australian geography isn't my strongest suit, but in which state is HSBC?
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#23 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,589 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

I'm quite certain this isn't the case. If SBW can walk out on his club and then have NRL clubs clambering over each other to sign him, I think Izzy will be fine.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#24 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Australian geography isn't my strongest suit, but in which state is HSBC?

From Waratahs own web site:

The HSBC Waratahs is the professional rugby union team for the Australian state of New South Wales. Also known as the NSW Waratahs and commonly referred to as the Tahs, the HSBC Waratahs compete in the Super Rugby tournament which is contested between February and August, by 15 teams, five from each of the three SANZAR countries (South Africa, New Zealand and Australia).

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#25 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

From Waratahs own web site:

Oh cool, I'm going to NSW.

I assume HSBC is a suburb of Sydney then? It's an odd name for a place, but then I've always thought Australia had some crazy place names
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#26 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

No, brooza, HSBC will be the banking and finance company who are the Waratahs named sponsor.

I'm guessing they are these:

http://en.wikipedia...._Bank_Australia

#27 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

No, brooza, HSBC will be the banking and finance company who are the Waratahs named sponsor.

I'm guessing they are these:

http://en.wikipedia...._Bank_Australia

I know, I was being facetious

#28 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I know, I was being facetious

Seems I was drawn into being sequacious. Drat!

#29 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

This whole saga may hopefully act as a deterent to any other league player planning a lucrative deal in Japanese Rugby Union, AFL, Gaelic football, Netball or Tiddlywinks.....

Whilst the money be good, you may struggle to slot back into your original code, especially into a tightly controlled salary capped sport.

For what it's worth I believe Folau wants to go back to the NRL, hence he's only signed a one year deal in Union as a "stop gap" until someone can fit him under their 2014 cap.

Edited by Railway End, 05 December 2012 - 06:38 PM.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users