League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

With one year exactly to go to the Rugby League World Cup Final 2013, tournament organisers have announced that less than 10,000 of the ‘Early Bird’ tickets remain on sale.

The Early Bird offer is a perfect Christmas Present.

Fans buying a ticket for The Rugby League World Cup Final receive a £5 discount on every ticket and a RLWC2013 beanie which will be delivered in time for Christmas.

The Rugby League World Cup Final takes place at Old Trafford, the home of Manchester United on November 30 2013. Senior United players and Rugby League fans Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney took time out from training this week to show their support by being photographed with the Rugby League World Cup trophy.

RLWC2013 General Manager, Sally Bolton said: “Old Trafford is a fantastic venue and one of the reasons that the final is selling so well, even with one year to go. So well in fact, that if sales continue as they have been, the remaining 10,000 ‘Early Bird’ tickets will go before the December 17 deadline, so fans wanting be at the final really should buy now.”

RLWC2013 Ticketing Manager, Kevan Williams added: “We have been really busy selling tickets every day since they went on sale. We’ve sold tickets across the country and worldwide.

Only 31% of sales have been in Super League towns and cities and we’ve had fans as far away as Australia, Russia, the USA and even Japan buying tickets.”

#bethere

Twitter: #rlwc2013 @rlwc2013 Facebook: /rugbyleagueworldcup

RLWC2013 contact
Martin Johnston
RLWC2013 Communications Manager

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

I love these good news stories, makes me feel all warm inside :-)

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

This doesnt appear to mention Leeds :-)

#4 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

How many early bird tickets were there on sale at the start?

#5 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Loads.

#6 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Re post #5. I was just trying to figure out how many tickets had been sold to date. Therefore if I knew how many early bird tickets there were and the OP is telling me that they are almost sold out, I could get a handle of just how well the sales are going. I am very interested in this tournament and how well or nor the ticket sales are going.

#7 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Re post #5. I was just trying to figure out how many tickets had been sold to date. Therefore if I knew how many early bird tickets there were and the OP is telling me that they are almost sold out, I could get a handle of just how well the sales are going. I am very interested in this tournament and how well or nor the ticket sales are going.

as has been pointed out before the wording of these releases has been clever.
Id like to think sales are genuinely good, and with the use of the phrase 'only 10k remaining' youd like to think that well over 10k have already gone.

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#9 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

My problem with the final is the ko time, as if it's 6 or 8pm I wouldn't be able to get a train back to mid-Wales.

#10 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

My problem with the final is the ko time, as if it's 6 or 8pm I wouldn't be able to get a train back to mid-Wales.

Sounds like a hotel and a night out in Manchester to me. It won't be in the UK again for at least 8 years. The kick off times will have been set to suit TV. They dictate everything these days seeing as how they cough up the cash.

#11 Pacific RL

Pacific RL
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Sounds like a hotel and a night out in Manchester to me. It won't be in the UK again for at least 8 years. The kick off times will have been set to suit TV. They dictate everything these days seeing as how they cough up the cash.

I can only see England and Australia/NZ hosting the RLWC with some games in NZ, France, Wales, Ireland and Scotland in 2016 and 2020.

#12 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I can only see England and Australia/NZ hosting the RLWC with some games in NZ, France, Wales, Ireland and Scotland in 2016 and 2020.

I may be wrong but I thought Australia/NZ had already committed to host the 2016 World Cup so it will be seven years ( OK I said 8, I was wrong) before it is on British soil again.

#13 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

What 2016 World Cup?

#14 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,815 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

What 2016 World Cup?

Its a RL tradition to just have it in random years.
:laugh:

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#15 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Its a RL tradition to just have it in random years.
:lol:

I thought it's already been confirmed that they're running on a 4 year cycle now. With 2013/2017/2021 chosen to avoid the football WC, Euros and RUWC cycles
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#16 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I thought it's already been confirmed that they're running on a 4 year cycle now. With 2013/2017/2021 chosen to avoid the football WC, Euros and RUWC cycles

It is. It was delayed from 2012 to 2013 to put us in a 4 year cycle without major competition from either the soccer Euros or World Cup or the Olympics.

#17 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

You are right on those years but i think Aus/NZ have agreed to host he next one.

#18 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 804 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

as has been pointed out before the wording of these releases has been clever.
Id like to think sales are genuinely good, and with the use of the phrase 'only 10k remaining' youd like to think that well over 10k have already gone.

If 50,000 RLWC tix were sold on day 1, and 5-to-1 of them were for the final, that means - by my rough guestimate - about 30,000 tix for the final have been sold???

So with "10,000" left, maybe 40,000 tix (or about half of Old Trafford) were in the "early bird" offer.

does that sound about right????

#19 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

If 50,000 RLWC tix were sold on day 1, and 5-to-1 of them were for the final, that means - by my rough guestimate - about 30,000 tix for the final have been sold???

So with "10,000" left, maybe 40,000 tix (or about half of Old Trafford) were in the "early bird" offer.

does that sound about right????

That would make sense as someone at RFL told me they hoped final would be half sold out by Xmas.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#20 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 804 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

So, anyone else been taking up the "early bird"offer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users