Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#201 1jordy

1jordy
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Awesome to hear, I think for the benefit of Rugby league in the UK, England making the final is a must, hoping for a great tournament and hopefully plenty of buzz comes out of it, hoping we get a thrilling Australian v England final, no offense to New Zealand but an England v Australia game in pretty much any sport is always more compelling due to the rivalry.

Edited by 1jordy, 13 February 2013 - 01:38 PM.

St George Illawarra Dragons fan with a Soft Spot for Wigan in the Super League.

#202 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,085 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Should now be the time where the RFL start looking at SL and Championship season ticket holders?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#203 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

On a side note, do you think the numbers going to cc final and grand final will be down due to this? Im going to both but can see the london fixture especially being a once a year trip for some. Shocked that the corporate sales are not out yet given the good selling rates of regular tickets

#204 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 601 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

On a side note, do you think the numbers going to cc final and grand final will be down due to this? Im going to both but can see the london fixture especially being a once a year trip for some. Shocked that the corporate sales are not out yet given the good selling rates of regular tickets

Challenge cup maybe depending on who gets there, therefore it might be good if a team with a large following who hasn't been there for a year or 2 makes it, for example Hull.

I think the Grand Final, due to it's location is less likely to be affected.

Personally I am lucky enough to be able to go to all the big games with the probable exception of the opening games in Cardiff
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#205 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'm probably still going to go to the CC Final, but I was going to go to my first GF this year but will be skipping that for the WC.

I'm certainly cutting down on the number of Rhinos matches I'm going to this year because of the World Cup
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#206 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

I'm probably still going to go to the CC Final, but I was going to go to my first GF this year but will be skipping that for the WC.

I'm certainly cutting down on the number of Rhinos matches I'm going to this year because of the World Cup

i'll be cutting back on Wire matches, including Magic Weekend so I can go to as many WC games as possible.

#207 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,085 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hmm, I'd never thought of that. It seems you can have too much of a good thing and this year is about stretching limit.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#208 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hmm, I'd never thought of that. It seems you can have too much of a good thing and this year is about stretching limit.

Can't have too much of a good thing, but you can have too little money!

I've got the World Cup and State Of Origin to get to this year, means Leeds will have to take a hit! (Although to counter that, someone I introduced to the game a year ago has bought a Rhinos season ticket, so I've made up for my absence!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#209 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,085 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Can't have too much of a good thing, but you can have too little money!

I've got the World Cup and State Of Origin to get to this year, means Leeds will have to take a hit! (Although to counter that, someone I introduced to the game a year ago has bought a Rhinos season ticket, so I've made up for my absence!

You obviously didn't let him know how Leeds usually operate pre-September.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#210 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

You obviously didn't let him know how Leeds usually operate pre-September.

Of course not!

But I only need him to cover for me this year, and he's already commited now

Edited by brooza, 15 February 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#211 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,085 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

and he's already commited now

That's certainly one word for it.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#212 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

As with Brooza - the financial situation is certainly an issue. I'm in a slightly different situation in that I have a long distance to travel to make any RL games, but even if Wire did make Wembley again this year I'd have to seriously consider giving it a miss to go to the big World Cup events.

#213 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

If it comesto a choice of England at Wembley, or the Challenge Cup at Wembley (which it well may be), then it will be England everytime.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#214 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

As with Brooza - the financial situation is certainly an issue. I'm in a slightly different situation in that I have a long distance to travel to make any RL games

I have that issue. And Leeds' preference for Friday night games means I need at least half a day off work to get to them.

World Club Challenge and Warrington are probably the only 2 I'll make it to this year

EDIT: Maybe London away, but I don't fancy that train ride on a Monday night

Edited by brooza, 15 February 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#215 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Do people think it's quite likely that there will be multi-buy discount offers for the Wembley double header at some point? I want to buy like 10 tickets, but I'll hold off if it's likely offers are going to pop up later in the year.

#216 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I have that issue. And Leeds' preference for Friday night games means I need at least half a day off work to get to them.

World Club Challenge and Warrington are probably the only 2 I'll make it to this year

EDIT: Maybe London away, but I don't fancy that train ride on a Monday night

Aye - I'm glad my team have stayed with the Sunday fixtures as hopefully I'll get to a couple, but then we have a fair few Sky games now anyway!

I'll be using a few of my holidays and weekends away budget for the World Cup, I'm sure I wont regret it!

#217 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Do people think it's quite likely that there will be multi-buy discount offers for the Wembley double header at some point? I want to buy like 10 tickets, but I'll hold off if it's likely offers are going to pop up later in the year.

There's already an offer - buy 6 or more tickets and get a 10% discount - not massive granted, but will probably pay any fees and postage!

Personally I'd say if you want to sit in the lower bowl you are better getting in there now - if you aren't fussed then you could maybe wait.

#218 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Try checking with your local amateur club if you have one. Derby bought 50 before Christmas on a cashback deal and selling them with a big discount. I would think ours have all gone by now which is excellent.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#219 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'll find a way to get to them all should Hull make the CC and GF!
Posted Image

#220 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Booked 50 tickets for Eng vs Fiji at Hull!!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users