League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#341 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

And why are we/the RFL even bothering with the magic week end when their every penny and second should be spent on the World Cup? (Unless the magic week end is somehow a money spinner for them I suppose...).

same reason why we are bothering with the normal games this year as well as the world cup. The majority of all spectators, funds and viewers will come through the club game this year.

Personally though, and I think I suggested this a while back, I would have rested Magic this year - we have enough 'events' to sell this year to last without it. I'd rather have had an international weekend for the Northern Hemisphere teams.

#342 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,206 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I suppose we should give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a strategy to get Magic out of the way, and then on the back of the Exiles game when the kick off times are announced for the WC games go with a big push by the RFL and all member clubs on the World Cup.

Or maybe have a big sales push on RWC tickets at the Magic Weekend.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#343 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Or maybe have a big sales push on RWC tickets at the Magic Weekend.

Or lock the gates until each speccie proves they've bought a ticket for the WC!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#344 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Are the teams who are hosting games selling tickets? Are Leeds, Warrington, St Helens, etc. working with their season ticket holders?

I'm just curious whether they are or not, rather than whether they should or shouldn't!

Nothing from Leeds yet and they are not backward in sending stuff

Maybe they are waiting for kick off times ;-)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#345 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

I suppose we should give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a strategy to get Magic out of the way, and then on the back of the Exiles game when the kick off times are announced for the WC games go with a big push by the RFL and all member clubs on the World Cup.

I wasn't thinking only of the club but of the Council.  St Helens Council has proven unsupportive of the world cup from the get-go.  It blamed 'the cuts' (which it continually bleets on about) as being the reason why it didn't even apply to hold a semi final or a training camp or anything like that.  The Council would only apply for one game.  I wouldn't be surprised if they blame 'THE CUTS' for not doing anything whatsoever to promote the world cup, even though it's Australia the town is supposed to be supporting (that is going to be a hard sell! I'm going to be Fijian for the day ...)

Mind you, when I once asked if the club was organising a coach to a Four Nations match, the club's response was 'it's nothing to do with us'.  So my hopes for Saints going all out to promote the world cup are pretty low.

#346 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Or lock the gates until each speccie proves they've bought a ticket for the WC!

"It's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for them"...

:D

Posted Image

#347 muffyer

muffyer
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

"It's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for them"...

:D

Can't beat a bit of Dodgeball

#348 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

5000_thumb_zpse14de54d.jpg

For the Avignon match v Kiwis now reached 5000 with 200 days before the kick off. Unchartered territory here.
Only a handful of VIP packs left too.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#349 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

As always,Audois brings helpful,accurate,informative information.There should be an 'Audois' test,for any poster wishing to message on here.At least that would get rid of Canetman.

#350 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

As always,Audois brings helpful,accurate,informative information.There should be an 'Audois' test,for any poster wishing to message on here.At least that would get rid of Canetman.

It may be that Audois has some inside info though!  I'd love to be able to say how many tickets Saints have sold for the Australia-Fiji game but getting any ticket information out of Saints is worse than trying to extract blood from stone. 

#351 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

It may be that Audois has some inside info though!

No,no I'm only the messenger!
It's already out there.

Edited by audois, 17 April 2013 - 05:50 PM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#352 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

A poster on a Man U forum gives a breakdown of the capacity at Old Trafford as follows:

North Stand: 25000 as follows -  lower, 4250; upper, 8000; 2nd. tier, 8250; 3rd. tier 5000.

East Stand: 11500 - lower, 1500 (includes diabled section); upper, 4000, 2nd. tier 6000.

West Stand: 12000 - lower, 2000; upper, 4000; 2nd. tier 6000.

South Stand: 11500 - lower, 2500; upper, 8500 (seems to be failure of arithmetic here, I've left it as is as I don't know which figure is right).

Lower corners, 1500 and the upper NE and NW quadrants are 4000 each.

There are also 1000 (!) executive boxes.

#353 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

There are also 1000 (!) executive boxes.

Is that even possible? That's unbelievable!

Are we sure that isn't capacity for the boxes - 100 boxes x 10 people?

Just looking at Man City's ground for example they have 66 platinum boxes - they may have more normal boxes but it's hard to tell.

Edited by Dave T, 18 April 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#354 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

That's the figure quoted, although your explanation sounds more likely. Don't forget that I've copied it off a forum posting, and we all know how reliable they can be ;)

#355 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

No no no it's 1000 seats/capacity! Not 1000 boxes!

#356 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

I have my tickets...everyone support the game..get yours when you can !

#357 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Noticed at the end of the Cup game on the BBC on Saturday, they were advertising the England v Australia opener at Cardiff for 2pm.

#358 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

Steve McNamara and the World Cup just paid a visit to Chris Evans on the Radio 2 Breakfast Show.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#359 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

As anybody got themselves a good travel and accomodation deal for Cardiff?

Got myself my England v Fiji tickets for KC. I am just mulling over whether to take the plunge and get final tickets in advance too.

Edited by jacksy, 23 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#360 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Got mine for the wembley semis today....can't knock the prices at all

Edited by philipw, 26 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users