RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#361 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Interview with RWC organiser Sally Bolton.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#362 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Kick off times for most of the games announced tomorrow then according to that interview.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#363 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Aye - 2.30pm for England v Australia in Cardiff

#364 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Get your backsides to Cardiff surely 2.30pm is a cracking time for England Fans :D

#365 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

http://www.rlwc2013....eader-already-a

Some positive news about the Double Header... just 88,500 more tickets to sell...

Being serious though, after selling a significant number of tickets for the final, its great to see the RLWC rolling out the marketing plans for Wembley and Cardiff.

The afternoon kick off times are only going to help in terms of getting people to turn up.

Posted Image

#366 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

kick off times

http://www.rlwc2013....s-announced-for

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#367 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hmm.

So if England finish top, they play in Wrexham at 1pm on Saturday.

If England finish 2nd, they play in Wigan at 8pm on Saturday. That's a very strange kickoff time, I assume there is perhaps Rugby Union on then?

If the BBC have a game on at 8pm on Saturday, I'd expect they would relegate us to BBC2.

Other than that, they all seem pretty sensible.

#368 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 937 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hmm.

If England finish 2nd, they play in Wigan at 8pm on Saturday. That's a very strange kickoff time, I assume there is perhaps Rugby Union on then?

If the BBC have a game on at 8pm on Saturday, I'd expect they would relegate us to BBC2.

The Beeb are showing all the Wales RU autumn internationals. Sat 16th November is Wales v Argentina, kick off 230 which will presumably be on BBC One.

#369 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hmm.

If the BBC place us live at 8pm on BBC 1 I will personally eat my own ass.  

#370 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

The Beeb are showing all the Wales RU autumn internationals. Sat 16th November is Wales v Argentina, kick off 230 which will presumably be on BBC One.

That explains that one then. So Wales' quarter final will kick off in Wrexham at 1.30pm and Wales RU will kick off in Cardiff at 2.30pm.

I do think there are a couple of errors in this if I'm honest.

Generally pretty solid though and can now allow me to sort out travel for the big events.

#371 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

If the BBC place us live at 8pm on BBC 1 I will personally eat my own ass.  

yip - disappointing that we will be on BBC (I assume) for the whole tournament and then a key England game will be relegated to a graveyard shift.

#372 brooza

brooza
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

yip - disappointing that we will be on BBC (I assume) for the whole tournament and then a key England game will be relegated to a graveyard shift.

I expect us to be playing at 13:00!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#373 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Tbh 8 O'clock on the BBC is a result even if it is BBC 2. We've never had a televised terrestrial game at that time in my recollection.

#374 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

On a Saturday evening on terrestrial TV? 

Just how far is the number 2 button away from number 1 on your remote?

Posted Image

#375 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Most likely followed by QI XL, good night ahead!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#376 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

That explains that one then. So Wales' quarter final will kick off in Wrexham at 1.30pm and Wales RU will kick off in Cardiff at 2.30pm.

I do think there are a couple of errors in this if I'm honest.

Generally pretty solid though and can now allow me to sort out travel for the big events.

Wrexham Q/F kicks off at 1pm

let's say England get to play in that game; by 230 the Q/F will not be finished; are the BBC going to stop the telecast at 230pm for the Wales RU game??

Or will one game be on BBC1, the other on BBC2 or elsewhere?

#377 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Tbh 8 O'clock on the BBC is a result even if it is BBC 2. We've never had a televised terrestrial game at that time in my recollection.

Could be shown on BBC3 or the red button. They have occasionally had sport on BBC3 when it's an evening start, like last weekend with the MotoGP from Austin and some of the Diamond League Athletics last year.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#378 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Could be shown on BBC3 or the red button. They have occasionally had sport on BBC3 when it's an evening start, like last weekend with the MotoGP from Austin and some of the Diamond League Athletics last year.

Please explain to us ignorant Luddite antipodeans what is "Red button".

is it another free-to-air channel??

#379 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Please explain to us ignorant Luddite antipodeans what is "Red button".

is it another free-to-air channel??

It's an occasional bonus channel or channels. It doesn't always have anything on, but when you press the red button on your remote control while watching the BBC, you get a menu of viewing options. Terrestrial TV has a single 'red button' channel, while satellte/cable can have several. As an example, when the Wimbledon tennis is on, you can choose a different match to the one which is on BBC1, or in some cases you can get different commentary options on sporting events.

#380 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hmm.

Given that Wrexham holds around 13,ooo and Wigan 25,000 and Australia are in Englands group, I would hazard a guess that the BBC expect England to finish second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users