Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup - General Discussion (Merged Threads)

RLWC2013 media release

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1685 replies to this topic

#441 Fatbob

Fatbob
  • Coach
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Geordie, I've just purchased category 2 tickets in L31. Even though the area isn't coloured in on the plan you can click the area and buy good seats near half way.

#442 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Just bought 2 for the final section e332 was told there selling well she couldn't tell me how many though, hopefully it will be a sell out!!

#443 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

the top tier has a great view, the best in fact imo
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#444 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Just bought 2 for the final section e332 was told there selling well she couldn't tell me how many though, hopefully it will be a sell out!!

Blimey! Don't let the other Fev fans see this, you'll be run out of town.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#445 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

I contacted the RLWC site through Facebook earlier today, to advise that the view from seat photos were inaccurate and were putting people off buying tickets for the 2 games at Workington.

I've had a reply tonight to say that now the work has been finished, they will send someone up to take better photos. This is about 3 months too late, and may have put many purchasers off already by the terrible photos.

Good on you very well done!

Get your tickets now everyone for Cardiff going to be a great weekend, Cant wait :dance:

Edited by DugSWRLgan, 17 May 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#446 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Blimey! Don't let the other Fev fans see this, you'll be run out of town.

its a risk ill have to take lol, you can't beat the days out at big events I love the challenge cup finals and the 4N the other year was great but this one should top the lot.

#447 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

I have tried booking 48 tickets of the £40 tickets for the Semi-Final double header and I was told they had sold out.

It bodes well for the tournament.

"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#448 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

I have tried booking 48 tickets of the £40 tickets for the Semi-Final double header and I was told they had sold out.

If you need some tickets, St Albans have some for sale!

I can get you 48 behind the sticks!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#449 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

Nice to see some positive news for a change.

Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#450 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Geordie, I've just purchased category 2 tickets in L31. Even though the area isn't coloured in on the plan you can click the area and buy good seats near half way.

Thanks. I had spotted that last week but would prefer to be the next tier up near halfway. Hoping when/if those are released, they aren't £99 a pop as I have a few friends interested in attending. I think I'll wait a bit until other areas are opened.

That said, just bought a ticket for USA vs Cook Islands in Bristol. I'll look forward to that!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#451 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

That's pretty incredible. How many 40-pound tickets were available? Surely the semi-final has plenty of other good seat tix available??

#452 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

I dont want to get negative on such a positive feed and its superb to see but ....My Uncle went to buy tickets today from Scotland for their world cup games, after one look he thought nope your ok and changed his mind, have to say I dont blame him, this is for a rugby league world cup game, really? this is what you see from the RLWC2013 website, view from your seat? Shocking

area.794.jpg
area.795.jpg

I've looked at buying tickets for the two games at Craven Park but the Roger Millward stand has roof support columns right in the middle of the seats. Puts me off totally. I don't want to pay my money and end up stuck behind one of them.

Edited by deluded pom?, 18 May 2013 - 07:01 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#453 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

I've now contacted Workington Town officials to inform them, and to ask if they had any better photos of the stadium upgrade that they could offer the RLWC website.

I've just had a reply from the Town Commercial Manager who is going to contact the RLWC Operations Director on Monday to discuss and offer photos that he has.

Hopefully we'll see better photos soon.

Edited by shaun mc, 18 May 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#454 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Here's the picture of the RM stand from the WC website
https://www.eticketi...rlwcsite_reskin

Edited by deluded pom?, 18 May 2013 - 05:53 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#455 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Limerick continues to tick over:

Bay 201: 16

Bay 202: 12

Bay 203: 75

Bay 204: 486

Bay 210: 158

Bay 205: 525

Bay 211: 158

Bay 206: 500

Bay 207: 70

Bay 208: 14

Bay 209: 0

That's 2,014 seats allocated + whoever has bought into the General Admission areas on sale.

To put into context, the top 5 crowds ever in Ireland are:
2000 Rugby League World Cup: vs Samoa - Belfast: 3,207
2000 Rugby League World Cup: vs Maori - Belfast: 3,164
2011 European Cup: vs France - Limerick: 3,100
2000 Rugby League World Cup: vs Scotland - Dublin: 1,782
1998 International: vs France - Dublin: 1,511

Meaning we are currently sitting as the fourth best on known ticket sales, and on track to set a new attendance record in Ireland.

Posted Image

#456 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

That's pretty incredible. How many 40-pound tickets were available? Surely the semi-final has plenty of other good seat tix available??

I got offered £30 or £50 instead.

I'm happy with that. I think the World Cup could have the potential to be the best thing to happen in the game.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#457 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

Are they close to announcing any more sponsors?

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#458 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Or details of TV coverage in Australia, NZ, france or anywhere else apart from the Uk and Ireland ???

#459 winnyason

winnyason
  • Coach
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Guessing ch 9 for roos games and fox for other in Australia. Nz will be sky nz no doubt.

#460 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,596 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Neither are Ireland but they have a game in Ireland.

Well they shouldn't have a game either really!

They should have just said Europe are the hosts and left it at that. Making England & Wales had either restricted them or left them open to criticism for picking outside the hosts.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users